• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Jason Demetriou wants impressive display with Cyprus to boost his season at Southend United

SOUTHEND United defender Jason Demetriou insists he is approaching top form and fitness as he prepares to face some of Europe’s top footballing talents.

More...

He can't play 2 games in such a short period of time. His injury has ruined him. It's a terrible shame but an unfortunate reality.

Must drive Harry Lennon mad reading that and others like "putting club before country"

I don't think he can argue with the club stating the facts, especially if the club are being accused of reasons other than the injury reason, as the reason for them not playing him.

Agree about the putting country before club nonsense.

Last edited:
If Sol‘s not picking him, I back Sol.

hmmmmm...who needs a player that when training managed well can play 90 mins , get up and down the wings, put in great crosses, make cutting through balls for the strikers, get stuck in, when we're at the bottom of the league..!!! If available, fit to play, right attitude etc, play the strongest team please.

If Sol‘s not picking him, I back Sol.

As much to do with formation only allowing either him or Elvis and no both. If we went 442 I am sure JD would be a strong contender for RM if fit. Not sure Sol is impressed that he disappeared on international duty given how his injury needs to be managed- and suspect its been contrasted with Milligan who I suspect has withdrawn from international football to focus on us.

As much to do with formation only allowing either him or Elvis and no both. If we went 442 I am sure JD would be a strong contender for RM if fit. Not sure Sol is impressed that he disappeared on international duty given how his injury needs to be managed- and suspect its been contrasted with Milligan who I suspect has withdrawn from international football to focus on us.

If fit enough to play and picked for the national squad, its actually not that easy to get out of going, plus I would imagine it was nice to start and get to play 90 minutes.
Totally agree with you about the formation thing

Its never gonna work for consistency if he can only play every other game. Unless hes the sort of player that can change and win a match and lets face it. He isnt that player.

It was reported that Milligan was one of several players who were not selected due to ‘minor injury issues’.

Back