• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Blackpool FC v Southend United

sorry everyone.. i tempted fate with my earlier reference to Gnanduillet.. I also referenced a brace, so expect another soon.

Blackpool started brightly. Moving the ball with purpose. Slowly but surely we have grown into the game. Should have scored when McLaughlin was through but he made a complete dogs dinner.

Blues have looked very composed on the ball. Mantom and Milligan still give the ball away.

Poor Charlie is up on his own but if he gets a sniff I'm sure he will get a goal.

We have played some nice probing football and can consider ourselves unlucky to be a goal down with Blackpools only real effort.

Definately still in this but next goal is so vital.

It was a great cross, very difficult to defend. Not been a great half so far, very little quality and Blackpool will have the wind in the 2nd half too.
Macca should of scored, but to be fair, Blackpool have been the much better side. Not sure playing one up top is working. Nothing is sticking and Taylor Moore has Kelman in his pocket.

Would be chuffed with a point from here.

Dieng is 6ft 2ins, Ganduillet 6ft 4ins - about a dog end's difference. Was our man jumping?
Their guy stuck it right on his head from 1 yard out, no one could get a decent challenge in. A shame because it came from Clifford's side and I thought he had done enough to control the guy that crossed it...............

We have played quite well. Blackpool's goal took a slight deflection from Feeney's cross. Milligan and McLaughlin should both have scored for us. I think we will come back into the game in the second half. Hopefully.

It was a great cross, very difficult to defend. Not been a great half so far, very little quality and Blackpool will have the wind in the 2nd half too.
Macca should of scored, but to be fair, Blackpool have been the much better side. Not sure playing one up top is working. Nothing is sticking and Taylor Moore has Kelman in his pocket.

Must be watching a different game. I think we have looked more than a match after the first 15 mins. Probably the better side for the last 15.

I really wish that Isaac would not try the difficult pass all the time, his success rate is not very high. Coupled with that Sam Barratt is looking a bit of a learner out there at the moment. That said we are competing for first and second ball, Milligan is continuing his run of good form and Manton is starting to pass forward. We've had 2/3 good chances that we should scored at least 1 from.

Must be watching a different game. I think we have looked more than a match after the first 15 mins. Probably the better side for the last 15.
When they scored? Don’t forget they had one cleared off the line, and our only half decent chance has been from their mistake with Macca clean through.
We haven’t really created anything.

When they scored? Don’t forget they had one cleared off the line, and our only half decent chance has been from their mistake with Macca clean through.
We haven’t really created anything.
How about Milligan's thunderous half volley, it went close to the cross bar.

It was a good cross but look at where Oxley is standing, he shouldn't be right on his near post when the cross comes in. Dracula comes to mind , if only he could dominate his 6 yard box

Barratt not looking that impressive

Edit: as i post it they announce the obvious change

B*gger. Two identical serrving bars but only one has hot drinks. Didn't discover that until at the counter....and I,'m at the wrong one.

Back