• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 23 yr old son, who started working from home last week, has had a letter and a text from NHS, telling him to stay at home for 12 weeks. He can have a window open for fresh air, but has to keep as much distance as poss from the rest of us. He has a compromised immune system due to his medication. Poor kid. He’s gonna go mad.

Probably right. They'll be a drop in deaths come May/June, a relaxing of restrictions and when winter comes it'll be back with avengeance for round 2.

Be end the end of this Government, of Johnson & Rabb. It'll take years to get us back to where we were not a few weeks ago.

Without for a minute suggesting anyone is happy right now - I imagine Theresa May is thinking that Brexit was a walk in the park compared to the crap Boris will have to sort out !
Think she kind of dodged a bullet with this.

Whilst I’m on the subject of ‘bullet dodging’ , it hasn’t harmed Prince Andrew in terms of attention deflection!

The Tories have not been too sharp on the 80% of wage payment deal.
They, and many will argue that it is fair but 80% of 40k is a great deal better than 80% of 30k.
For me they should have set the payment at either minimum working wage or the supposed LIVING WAGE.
But many of the voters might not be happy at that?
However most shop workers, hospital cleaners etc may think it is good enough?

My 23 yr old son, who started working from home last week, has had a letter and a text from NHS, telling him to stay at home for 12 weeks. He can have a window open for fresh air, but has to keep as much distance as poss from the rest of us. He has a compromised immune system due to his medication. Poor kid. He’s gonna go mad.
Poor sod, can he still work from home @JIMSDAD?

The Tories have not been too sharp on the 80% of wage payment deal.
They, and many will argue that it is fair but 80% of 40k is a great deal better than 80% of 30k.
For me they should have set the payment at either minimum working wage or the supposed LIVING WAGE.
But many of the voters might not be happy at that?
However most shop workers, hospital cleaners etc may think it is good enough?
It is capped at £2500 per month

No 5pm update, Boris will be addressing the nation at some point today. Think lockdown is coming.

Next and Greggs follow the other companies by shutting their stores.

Another 46 fatalities today bringing the total up to 303. Pretty grim news, but still queues get longer.

My wife's hairdressers rang today. They have shut their salon this afternoon for the duration. She was due for a thatch on Friday so grumpy wife for while. She does totally get he reason though.

It is capped at £2500 per month

It is and of course dependent on where you live and what your outgoings are that may seem a lot or not. If you live and work in London in particular.

More problematic is although this is "announced" the details remain unclear and the portal to register still doesn't exist. Trust is not at a high level and some companies are concerned there will be small print or not delivered upon as a result of this and are just laying people off- they can't wait... Not good at all.

The lack of precision and clarity is making so much so much wporse..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back