• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How comes some people can mention politics on the zone and others can't.

Could we have some guide lines?
How do you qualify to be on the approved list?

You could write in such emotive terms about any bodily reaction from getting somethnig in your eye to a dose of the splats.

So I got told by ASDA Shoebury that I have to order my repeat prescriptions direct from the doctor from last month. I have been trying to contact the doctor's surgery all day Friday and all this morning, with no luck as always engaged. Tried about 300 times. Can't go in person as they sent a text to say don't go in person. Cant order online as need to speak to surgery by phone, as they register you online. Now been sent a text saying the Doctor's surgery may close in the next few days due to the virus.

Update. I finally got through tonight. All sorted. Just a warning tho for those needing repeat prescriptions, try and order much earlier, as you may get similar problems to mine. Also, quite a few Doctors surgery's are expected to shut, increasing the work load on the one you will be assigned to.

The message is:

Don’t leave your home.

Police have powers.

You can leave for essential shopping, travel to work and one form of exercise alone or with members of your household.

3 week lockdown!

How comes some people can mention politics on the zone and others can't.

Could we have some guide lines?

* Sigh *

We’ve asked EVERYONE not to talk about politics - why, because there’s a persistent, determined and entitled group who can’t post without behaving like complete d***s to each other.

Obviously at this time there is a lot of activity coming from government that’s relevant for this thread which is occasionally making for some blurry lines. Thankfully most Zoners are able to tell the difference between commenting on the issues versus making for a politically fuelled discussion.

You do you. We’ll take care of the rest when we notice it or when it’s brought to our attention. And rather than you keep on playing that ‘unfair treatment’ card, why not use the report post option if you think someone’s stepping over the mark?

The message is:

Don’t leave your home.

Police have powers.

You can leave for essential shopping, travel to work and one form of exercise alone or with members of your household.

3 week lockdown!
Isn't that travelling to essential work only?

"From this evening people must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work."

Well, @?Ck knows what that means for me.

I'm a self employed gardener. I have a dozen clients. I work totally on my own. Providing those clients who are at home don't go near me (easily fixed) then I am totally isolated all day.

But am I essential? Certainly not compared to a health worker or a supermarket worker. But folk rely on me to keep their gardens in order, I work only in private gardens and not public places, and in some instances work on my clients veg patches to keep them supplied in fresh veg which helps to keep them healthy, and them seeing their garden in order helps to keep their minds healthy. Further, this is a time when folk will want to be in and enjoy their gardens (when I'm not there!) as their activity outside of their home/garden area is now curtailed

Would be very interested in your views.

Isn't that travelling to essential work only?

"From this evening people must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work."

Yep sorry, I missed out a quite important word there?

So with many businesses closing down by this sending them over the edge, and resulting in workers losing their jobs, the advice they kept giving the last 2 weeks was to apply for Universal Credit. Unfortunately it's crashed. Many people have been phoning the DWP for days, without speaking to an advisor. Job centers wouldn't see anyone without an appointment, you guessed it, after booking through an advisor on the phone to the DWP. And now, Job Centers are about to be closed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back