• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frontline update

Hi guys sorry no frontline updates of late but last Saturday I succumbed to the virus. Been rather poorly..confirmed positive yesterday. Feeling a tad more human at the moment. If anyone wants to talk symptoms...treatments at home...when to seek medical input..anything mental health related just ping me a message. Bit poop not being able to muck in at work so feel free to use me x x

Hi guys sorry no frontline updates of late but last Saturday I succumbed to the virus. Been rather poorly..confirmed positive yesterday. Feeling a tad more human at the moment. If anyone wants to talk symptoms...treatments at home...when to seek medical input..anything mental health related just ping me a message. Bit poop not being able to muck in at work so feel free to use me x x

Very sorry to hear that Lee and hope you are soon well again.

Hope you back to full health soon mate, take it easy!

Sorry to hear that Lee, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sad to hear that Lee. Most of you at A&E Southend seem to have caught it. So nice of you to offer help to others, considering.

Sad to hear that Lee. Most of you at A&E Southend seem to have caught it. So nice of you to offer help to others, considering.
Yeah I think I was number 29. Most tested positive too. I think in general we were slow to react...we knew it was in Europe and spreading yet ignored it largely. So while deaths were occurring in say Italy my colleagues and I were still treating patients without the PPE and precautions in place now...therefore we were open to getting infected easily. I think back 3 and a half weeks ago and if someone came in with breathing difficulties we weren't even thinking corona.

Ach, sorry to hear that. Take good care of yourself, and let's hope you'll be feeling completely human again ASAP.

Oh Lee, feel for you and I am still recovering from mine
Let’s hope it’s not too serious and you make a full recovery
X

Hope you are feeling better Lee. Dads mate is a porter at the hospital and got asked to push a confirmed case about without suitable PPE so went home and he ain’t been back since and I for one don’t blame him!

The second anyone suggests I dont have PPE i walk.

Hi Lee, you know who I am, and I am 100% behind you on the PPE front.
The lack of appropriate equipment caused me to get this infernal virus, and 4 weeks later I am just recovering. 2 of my colleagues within the Ambulance service have been hospitalised, 1 is still on a ventilator at Southend, the other has thankfully been discharged home.
The whole thing has, IMO been mismanaged from the start, and now NHS staff are being told by higher authorities that what they have is sufficient, if this is so, why are more and more staff being affected?
Hope you are feeling better, and like you say, if I can help anyone in any way just ask.

Hi Lee, you know who I am, and I am 100% behind you on the PPE front.
The lack of appropriate equipment caused me to get this infernal virus, and 4 weeks later I am just recovering. 2 of my colleagues within the Ambulance service have been hospitalised, 1 is still on a ventilator at Southend, the other has thankfully been discharged home.
The whole thing has, IMO been mismanaged from the start, and now NHS staff are being told by higher authorities that what they have is sufficient, if this is so, why are more and more staff being affected?
Hope you are feeling better, and like you say, if I can help anyone in any way just ask.
Hello mate. The guidance from public health england has in my opinion been criminal...with an obvious emphasis on cost. Potentially lethal illness should be cared for in full on mega ppe...end of. I think we may differ on the how and when we contracted it. On the whole yes the government were too late in reacting..why are we 2/3 weeks behind Italy..spain its ludicrous. I think I got this just before we went full corona..if you think it's a 2 week incubation period...prior to full corona mode we would have been dealing with respiratory patients a day and not even considering corona...thus in my opinion this is where we picked it up, just a thought.

Hello mate. The guidance from public health england has in my opinion been criminal...with an obvious emphasis on cost. Potentially lethal illness should be cared for in full on mega ppe...end of. I think we may differ on the how and when we contracted it. On the whole yes the government were too late in reacting..why are we 2/3 weeks behind Italy..spain its ludicrous. I think I got this just before we went full corona..if you think it's a 2 week incubation period...prior to full corona mode we would have been dealing with respiratory patients a day and not even considering corona...thus in my opinion this is where we picked it up, just a thought.
You may well be right on the incubation period, but to be honest nobody can for certain tell you how long, or short it could be, we are still finding out more about this virus on a day to day basis.
PHE and the powers that be were indeed weeks behind, and were spouting mis-information from day1, and have been putting yourselves and my colleagues at risk on a daily basis, criminal indeed!

Back