• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe PB with Maher and Fagan assisting, maybe PB in the dreaded Director of Football role with a coaching team of suitable died in the wool Blues until I die coaches (one as Head Coach)..
Phil Brown as director of football would be more irresponsible than putting Harry Redknapp there. Let's not forget it was Brown who began this tradition of signing overpaid has-beens.

I will say thanks for improving things compared to Bond or even Waddock. Of course Martin not paying wages hasn't helped..

For the love of all things now Ron, you have no excuses to wait X amount of weeks to appoint someone. Someone who is the right fit, not just a big name.

Last edited:
Fantastic news. We need someone who is committed to the club to the point of knowing what team they are managing and getting the players names right!

I'd hope it would be someone who isn't completely up their own arse and social media obsessed

Some one I would like to see is Tommy Wright, has worked with little money within the club , reduced an aging squad and help nurture the youngsters to first team
Has no ties to Southend and to me worth a punt

He could have taken a pay cut, given that he’s a multi millionaire. There is more to it than this, I think he was fed up with it and Ron not pleased that he was fed up. Better for both parties to amicably split in these circumstances

Of course he was fed up. Do you think Ron's pitch to him was come and join us - I'll sell your best forward, get rid of half a dozen experienced players and you won't be able to replace them as we'll be under a transfer embargo oh and I can't afford to pay the wages and we'll probably get a points deduction next season because of it? (And all that happened before Covid hit). The signings he had lined up (Vassell, Osadebe and no doubt others) weren't going to happen because we are under an embargo. What sort of trust do you think he had in Ron and in Ron's ability to deliver the budget they discussed?

I hope this situation at least means that his replacement comes in with their eyes open and with a plan that doesn't get torn up because Ron's out of money. As fans we know the situation Sol inherited was bad but even we didn't realise quite how bad.

Looks like Barrett now gone from 10/1 to 2/1 because of your tenner!
I joined with £20 at 6s which got it cut to 2s and I know nothing!

Another few quid must have got cut to evens. That's how little money moves these things. It can be completely ignored.

Absolutely buzzing. Bring in Barrett & Maher now! And for those saying we need an experienced manager, take a look at Crewe with David Artell, not done too badly have they..

Glad he's gone. Never was or ever was going to be a Southend Man' Obvious he and Ron never got on.
Personally as other posters have said, would be well happy with AB or Maher at the helm. Tilson if he's up for it maybe.

Looking forward to a new era!

Well I didn't see that coming and hopefully it won't have cost very much at all, if anything. Ron I am sure will be looking at all options.

Not sure, who I would like to see, Brown for me a big no thanks. Adam, can't see him leaving Millwall at present. How about Tilly with Craig Fagan and Mark Bentley as assistants.

Mind I would have Chris Powelll back in a flash, he was hard done by, plus he would be brilliant with the youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back