• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in this current situation if it were to be given to someone like Barrett, Kev or Fagan they would certainly be given more time.

Will be surprised if it’s Barrett though that’s the obvious fan pleaser .. and seriously would question Ron’s sanity if it was Brown. New man needs to hit the ground running, know those young players and get them firing. We can’t afford for there to be huge delays in getting people released nor can Ron afford another gamble. Hence it’s got to be Fagan or Maher for me.
As for Sol, I wish him all the best with his next role and that’s that. No real surprises - it was only a matter of time, I’d still like to hear his side at some point. Time to start afresh and crack on.

Barrett and Sufc are a great match.

Obviously it would be a match better made with the club more stable, but Barrett will only get the opportunity so many times.

Ron needs to sort the club out and fast. He cant keep dealing all these managers **** hands and expect them to turn fortunes around.

No more of this players unpaid, embargo's, tax problems and constant lies about the new stadium. Sort the house out and run it properly Ron and maybe just maybe a manager may come in and do a reasonable job for once.

Enough is enough. Run the club properly or get the planning sorted, trot off into the sunset and allow others to do so in a professional manner. Before we fall through the trap-door into non-league oblivion...

That is going to have a big bearing on who comes in. Unless Ron sorts finances out and can convince a target manager that wages will be paid on time and he will have a reasonable player budget, he will only attract desperate candidates...or someone already in-house.

All joking aside, this is an absolutely key post.

Nobody should feel uncomfortable coming into work.
Indeed, there's a young midfielder who might also be happier.

Exciting times ahead, these youngsters CAN play, and will do well with the right manager and a few more experienced players alongside.

Can't be long before the mods, like the political thread, will close this because it has become too divisive! :Winking: I'm on the disappointed but not surprised side which will come as no surprise to those ho have read any of my earlier posts on the subject. I really can't understand those who would advocate stepping back into the past with Tilson, Brown or Powell (although the latter had an impossible task with all of the injuries). I would have nothing particularly against Adam apart from lack of experience and the fact bringing people back to the Hall hardly ever works. More importantly though, I think I would question Adam's judgement if he were to interupt his progressing career with a move back to Southend........even allowing for his love of the club. It should be noted that in the past, Ron has generally had someone lined up.............as the next victim? :Hilarious::Winking:

after (rightly or wrongly) perusing Macclesfield for money..... If he then took full pay from us whilst doing F all and then wanted compensation I doubt he would get another go with anyone else.

This way it looks better for him and It could Have be worse for Ron and us when we can least afford it. ...: Who cares about the next passengers when the Sol train arrives.
Departs?

I’m desperate to know all this Sol gossip ?

Only hear say but:

Fell out with a good few of the players
Often talked to, or called players by the wrong name.
(Edit)
Wasn't very approachable and is just plain odd at times.

Was good with certain youth players but practically ignored others.

Thats all I've heard

Last edited by a moderator:
The club needs a manager no a fans god with little or no manager leadership .I don't disagree as a player he was a legend .But gambling with a legend as boss is only doomed to fail .the club need a leader with a known pedigree .And the club has all the time in the world at present with the new season may not kick off until sept .So Ron doesn't need to be to haste .

Indeed, there's a young midfielder who might also be happier.

Exciting times ahead, these youngsters CAN play, and will do well with the right manager and a few more experienced players alongside.

There’s more than just one.

Emile Acquah may now decide to sign that contract, for a start.

And I’m confident that McL will have a rethink on his situation, (although at the end of the day, money will come first )

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't be long before the mods, like the political thread, will close this because it has become too divisive! :Winking: I'm on the disappointed but not surprised side which will come as no surprise to those ho have read any of my earlier posts on the subject. I really can't understand those who would advocate stepping back into the past with Tilson, Brown or Powell (although the latter had an impossible task with all of the injuries). I would have nothing particularly against Adam apart from lack of experience and the fact bringing people back to the Hall hardly ever works. More importantly though, I think I would question Adam's judgement if he were to interupt his progressing career with a move back to Southend........even allowing for his love of the club. It should be noted that in the past, Ron has generally had someone lined up.............as the next victim? :Hilarious::Winking:

Yes I would not want Mayer, Tilson, Barrett, Brown, Fagan, Powell,

We need to start again with an experienced lower league manager (in the Sturrock mould) - if there is such a person available, rather than former SUFC staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back