• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Players haven’t been paid

It's a lot worse than not paying staff. I was hoping RM would tell the fans the mess we're in during his statement this week. But no, as usual, little bits will come out, and not from him. Begging bowl to the developer time I think.

are the players that haven't been paid on the retained list? we won't be the only club with this issue this month so it will be interesting to see what happens next. what has surprised me is that we've been paying them for the last couple of months.

Perhaps the players should go to the PFA and what happens now as they followed their advice to not go on furlough.

It's a lot worse than not paying staff. I was hoping RM would tell the fans the mess we're in during his statement this week. But no, as usual, little bits will come out, and not from him. Begging bowl to the developer time I think.
Are the staff furloughed though? I don’t know. I imagine only essential staff working? So they are getting paid like the 9 million plus people who are on furlough in the real (non football) world. Certainly hope they are all getting paid along with all the players who agreed furlough.

Worst of all would to agree furlough and not get paid but that is almost certain not to happen. As in the real world if you refuse furlough in the current climate you are to some extent taking your chances fair or not (not no doubt).

Let’s hope it all gets sorted quickly- it would indicate the the “recapitalisation” ahead of the HMRC case is not yet in place. Are we not currently seeking to get some further agreement in place with SBC? - perhaps that will then free up funding prior? You would think by July payroll if we have found the money for HMRC then we will have the money for that and going forward.

are the players that haven't been paid on the retained list? we won't be the only club with this issue this month so it will be interesting to see what happens next. what has surprised me is that we've been paying them for the last couple of months.

Perhaps the players should go to the PFA and what happens now as they followed their advice to not go on furlough.

PFA won’t care - certainly wouldn’t in anyway recognise any responsibility. They would go running to the EFL, they wouldn’t pick up the phone to Ron.

By consensus the PFA have made a bad situation worse because they are unwilling to accept the current reality and work positively with clubs.

Hopefully the PFA won’t be involved and the outstanding amounts will be paid.

Could the players who haven’t been paid be Milligan, Mantom, Hyam and Shaughnessy by any chance? When the going gets tough, a lot of businesses rightly or wrongly prioritise who gets paid first. Wouldn’t surprise me if those were the ones not receiving their pay packet.

That is what I was beginning to think. I don't want to go deep or make to many assumptions but in a cynical world is it possible Ron has purposely 'delayed' payments to certain players he may not want at the club?

Perhaps thinking that said players might panic and ask their agents to force a move for them so Ron gets what he wants. I understand the ethics in that are not ideal but the game is the game.

Maybe I am in denial about the fact that we are really struggling and just looking for an angle to see it differently. Just a thought.

Wigan gone into Administration

Bets on any others?? If a couple near the bottom our out league go for administration are the points deducted straight away or applied next season??

Could the players who haven’t been paid be Milligan, Mantom, Hyam and Shaughnessy by any chance? When the going gets tough, a lot of businesses rightly or wrongly prioritise who gets paid first. Wouldn’t surprise me if those were the ones not receiving their pay packet.

Aren't they likely to be amongst the 7 on furlough?

If he's amongst them I wonder if the want-away Shaughnessy will use the non-payment of wages as a repudiatory breach?

That is what I was beginning to think. I don't want to go deep or make to many assumptions but in a cynical world is it possible Ron has purposely 'delayed' payments to certain players he may not want at the club?

Perhaps thinking that said players might panic and ask their agents to force a move for them so Ron gets what he wants. I understand the ethics in that are not ideal but the game is the game.

Maybe I am in denial about the fact that we are really struggling and just looking for an angle to see it differently. Just a thought.

That's precisely what he did in the summer of 2010 - withhold payment to force players to exercise their right to issue 14 days notice and effectively rip up the stupid contracts that he'd agreed with them and now didn't want to honour. So he's absolutely got form for selective payments to suit his agenda.

However then we didn't have a suspended points deduction hanging over our heads. If he is willfully withholding payments to players to either make a point about furlough or to get some contracts revoked then he's recklessly playing with fire.

That's precisely what he did in the summer of 2010 - withhold payment to force players to exercise their right to issue 14 days notice and effectively rip up the stupid contracts that he'd agreed with them and now didn't want to honour. So he's absolutely got form for selective payments to suit his agenda.

However then we didn't have a suspended points deduction hanging over our heads. If he is willfully withholding payments to players to either make a point about furlough or to get some contracts revoked then he's recklessly playing with fire.
Hi @Beefy, Did you know that with this post you have doubled the number of posts in 2020 than you achieved in 2019, impressive. :Winking:

It isnt good but with no income its hard for a lot of clubs, I understand the lads not wanting to be furloughed, but that hasnt helped either. Hopefully it’s gets sorted very soon
At this rate there will be more clubs with penalties against them than not. I hope common sense will prevail and they are more lenient as these are pretty extraneous circumstances.

If a relatively well run championship club like Wigan can go into administration then anyone can. Worrying times.

If a relatively well run championship club like Wigan can go into administration then anyone can. Worrying times.

They were well run. Dave Whelan sold to some dodgy Singapore lot in 2018 and they sold it in May this year I believe

What we expect? SUFC haven’t played an match for 4 months and we don’t have any income, when the EFL start handing money they got from EPL to help the bottom two division & it’s serve some players right for rejecting furloughs.

Not only Wigan, Sheff Wed a massive club could not pay all their players this month, it is very worrying times
I’m sure there are at least a few others as it’s really with the bigger clubs it gets media attention. A number of L2 clubs are lucky that their players and staff are all on furlough. We have been less lucky..
I note nothing from CP on it yet. Hopefully it stays like that.

I
I’m sure there are at least a few others as it’s really with the bigger clubs it gets media attention. A number of L2 clubs are lucky that their players and staff are all on furlough. We have been less lucky..
I note nothing from CP on it yet. Hopefully it stays like that.
There were 7 clubs yesterday who hadn’t and i believe that is now 9

Agree re CP

I
There were 7 clubs yesterday who hadn’t and i believe that is now 9

Agree re CP
9 and rising wow- rather then the EFL dishing out endless deductions and worse still fining clubs who can’t meet the wage bill making the situation even worse, perhaps they might consider their own contribution in failing to pass on the Prem monies that were advanced to help the clubs. Maybe with that money the players would have got paid.

Back