• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron’s Latest Statement (24/9/20)

When was this statement done? Because we knew about acquah and macca and the fact demi was returning and akinola has been injured 5 weeks now!

Really pleased with the council and hope to have some positive news regarding the stadium soon...bla Bla bla.
Global downturn bla bla
Hrmc playing hard ball bla Bla bla
Mark moseley is a long term plan bla bla
We have a squad capable of finishing top six bla bla
Not concerned about start we have made bla bla
Loves himself and believes his own delusions bla Bla bla.

Someone should ask him what's going on with submitting the revised plans. Unless I've missed something September and most of October have come and gone and he still hasn't managed to submit anything. Didn't he say he hoped to submit in September? As I've said before, the guy is incapable of meeting a deadline, even one he sets for himself.

It looks like my prediction that we won't get planning permission this side of the new year is looking pretty accurate.

Someone should ask him what's going on with submitting the revised plans. Unless I've missed something September and most of October have come and gone and he still hasn't managed to submit anything. Didn't he say he hoped to submit in September? As I've said before, the guy is incapable of meeting a deadline, even one he sets for himself.

It looks like my prediction that we won't get planning permission this side of the new year is looking pretty accurate.

As my late Uncle said many years ago when we were sitting in the South Upper discussing the Fossett farm stadium plans before a game:
“I’ll believe it when I’m sitting in it....”

I’m inclined to agree..

As my late Uncle said many years ago when we were sitting in the South Upper discussing the Fossett farm stadium plans before a game:
“I’ll believe it when I’m sitting in it....”

I’m inclined to agree..

As it happens I actually think it will happen. My issue is purely with Ron's inability to do anything in a timely manner and how he manages to miss every self imposed deadline. Anyone else would have pulled out all the stops and got on with the job.

The only thing more embarrassing that it taking this long to build a stadium is building a 22K stadium when your in the National League...

Really pleased with the council and hope to have some positive news regarding the stadium soon...bla Bla bla.
Global downturn bla bla
Hrmc playing hard ball bla Bla bla
Mark moseley is a long term plan bla bla
We have a squad capable of finishing top six bla bla
Not concerned about start we have made bla bla
Loves himself and believes his own delusions bla Bla bla.

And the majority of your fans will perhaps frown a little or even perhaps allow a slightly passive tut, the vocal minority (Ron's cheerleaders) will say, well we are stuck with him and nobody else will want to buy the club anyway so stop moaning, while an even smaller minority who want to try and do something about the perilous situation (even by publicising the situation) will get widely mocked

In the meantime the Trust will raise a bit of money that makes little difference (in terms of current 1year+ embargo and winding up order) but will happily sit down to tea and biscuits with Ron every now and then

I know Rigsby and his chums (and maybe many others) will pan me but I genuinely don't understand what your fanbase isnt screaming blue-murder about your situation (largely driven by a few on her who tell them it won't do any good I guess) - I would hate for your club (or any other for that mater) to go quietly down the pan into non-league without a fight - but I just can't see who, if anyone, even realises the need for a fight, let alone being prepared to get stuck in,

And the majority of your fans will perhaps frown a little or even perhaps allow a slightly passive tut, the vocal minority (Ron's cheerleaders) will say, well we are stuck with him and nobody else will want to buy the club anyway so stop moaning, while an even smaller minority who want to try and do something about the perilous situation (even by publicising the situation) will get widely mocked

In the meantime the Trust will raise a bit of money that makes little difference (in terms of current 1year+ embargo and winding up order) but will happily sit down to tea and biscuits with Ron every now and then

I know Rigsby and his chums (and maybe many others) will pan me but I genuinely don't understand what your fanbase isnt screaming blue-murder about your situation (largely driven by a few on her who tell them it won't do any good I guess) - I would hate for your club (or any other for that mater) to go quietly down the pan into non-league without a fight - but I just can't see who, if anyone, even realises the need for a fight, let alone being prepared to get stuck in,
Genuinely, what’s your beef with Ron? You only ever post to wind up rigsby and have a dig at our chairman. You’re a Col Ewe fan, why so anti RM? There’s many reasons we could be heading to non league, it’s not down to one man. Anyway last I looked there’s many games to go, it ain’t over yet.

If you don’t understand why the majority are not “ screaming blue murder” it’s because you don’t understand how many of us see the situation.
I’m not going to explain athere are hundreds of posts explaining that view and I refuse to believe you haven’t read them.

personally I do not believe we are going out of business and I do not believe I could influence Ron to sell and even if I could there seems to be an implication that anyone is better than Ron which again I don’t agree with.

Ron must be acutely aware of the possibility of relegation, and what this would mean for him personally, financially, and emotionally, I don’t think shouting this point at him is particularly helpful.

I would love it if he was more open/honest with us but I understand why that will not happen.

rons radio interview was helpful for supporters, and I appreciate it but I don’t see how it made any tangible difference to the club

If you don’t understand why the majority are not “ screaming blue murder” it’s because you don’t understand how many of us see the situation.
I’m not going to explain athere are hundreds of posts explaining that view and I refuse to believe you haven’t read them.

personally I do not believe we are going out of business and I do not believe I could influence Ron to sell and even if I could there seems to be an implication that anyone is better than Ron which again I don’t agree with.

Ron must be acutely aware of the possibility of relegation, and what this would mean for him personally, financially, and emotionally, I don’t think shouting this point at him is particularly helpful.

I would love it if he was more open/honest with us but I understand why that will not happen.

rons radio interview was helpful for supporters, and I appreciate it but I don’t see how it made any tangible difference to the club

Its not just now though is it.

Ron has taken the club through the mire so many times. So many court appearances. So many late payments to Hrmc.

How many times have the players been paid late or not at all. Now under an embargo which could see us into non league. Poor management choices after a circus and age to appoint.

Not to mention he is the only property developer to take 20+ years to build a project that will actually make him some money, despite having previously had planning.

Yep. No way any one else could do a better job than Ron.

Its not just now though is it.

Ron has taken the club through the mire so many times. So many court appearances. So many late payments to Hrmc.

How many times have the players been paid late or not at all. Now under an embargo which could see us into non league. Poor management choices after a circus and age to appoint.

Not to mention he is the only property developer to take 20+ years to build a project that will actually make him some money, despite having previously had planning.

Yep. No way any one else could do a better job than Ron.

My understanding is that he's really a property developer in name only. AFAIA he's never actually developed anything.

Years ago I was challenged by a friend to show him anything that Ron has ever developed. I suggested the university* in Southend. His answer was that actually Ron sold the company after gaining planning permission. It was different people entirely that actually got on with the build.

* It was so long ago I can't actually remember which building it was. It might have been the university, but it might also have been something else completely. Nevertheless, the point still stands, apparently he's never actually built anything.

Ron is the sort of property developer that acquires sites, prepares plans, obtains planning permission and then sells on to a builder. Although called "property developer" such people are in reality "site developers". There's money to be made if sites are chosen wisely.

Reactions: GBJ
Someone ask him if he regrets no
Ron is the sort of property developer that acquires sites, prepares plans, obtains planning permission and then sells on to a builder. Although called "property developer" such people are in reality "site developers". There's money to be made if sites are chosen wisely.
Yep, he's a land flipper mainly.

My understanding is that he's really a property developer in name only. AFAIA he's never actually developed anything.

Years ago I was challenged by a friend to show him anything that Ron has ever developed. I suggested the university* in Southend. His answer was that actually Ron sold the company after gaining planning permission. It was different people entirely that actually got on with the build.

* It was so long ago I can't actually remember which building it was. It might have been the university, but it might also have been something else completely. Nevertheless, the point still stands, apparently he's never actually built anything.

He’s built a dream.
A dream we will follow until the end.

Back