• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How does the club prepare for supporters to attend games?

Have just seen on Twitter they were filming Rise of the Foot Soldier film at roots hall today with actors/fans in the north bank definitely not social distanced. Fine for them to do that but not for us to be let in!?

Have just seen on Twitter they were filming Rise of the Foot Soldier film at roots hall today with actors/fans in the north bank definitely not social distanced. Fine for them to do that but not for us to be let in!?
I could be wrong on this but I think all extras for films are being made to quarantine for a couple of weeks so that it's safe for them to film without socially distancing, I know the new Batman shot some scenes in Liverpool a month or two ago and they had to bus up a coach of London extras that had been quarantining rather than sourcing extras from Liverpool itself.

Would be very surprised if the safety certificate hasn't lapsed at roots Hall. If Ron's been juggling the payments that is probably way down the list. Will we ever return

Well none of this makes sense at all! Why would we have to wait until march next year to allow fans back? We was about a week away from fans going back,all the tests had taken place and everything was looking good to go! We then had the local restrictions and fans should have gone back then.Now we are in a month long lockdown and the r rate is lowering and is just above 1.We have a vaccine on the way in december and things are looking much better,so why wouldent fans be allowed back still? Theres so many negative people around and its if they never want this thing to end! For the sake of football club's being able to survive and people's businesses surviving then this needs to be over as quick as possible.As soon as this vaccine is approved and the vulnerable get it there is absolutely no reason for some restrictions to come off and for fans to return! How dumb will the government look if they are given out a vaccine and we still arent allowed to live our lifes.

Well none of this makes sense at all! Why would we have to wait until march next year to allow fans back? We was about a week away from fans going back,all the tests had taken place and everything was looking good to go! We then had the local restrictions and fans should have gone back then.Now we are in a month long lockdown and the r rate is lowering and is just above 1.We have a vaccine on the way in december and things are looking much better,so why wouldent fans be allowed back still? Theres so many negative people around and its if they never want this thing to end! For the sake of football club's being able to survive and people's businesses surviving then this needs to be over as quick as possible.As soon as this vaccine is approved and the vulnerable get it there is absolutely no reason for some restrictions to come off and for fans to return! How dumb will the government look if they are given out a vaccine and we still arent allowed to live our lifes.
Having a vaccine (which we don't have yet, there's just promising signs from one them) is not the same thing as being able to administer the vaccine to everyone that needs it instantly, much like us being able to test for Covid doesn't mean we have the capability to test everyone quickly. If the virus is approved it'll likely be months before all high-risk people have been vaccinated.

Yes i know we are in lockdown again, but when you see all those empty seats it seems bonkers they couldnt get at least 2000 in in a 10k plus capacity stadium.

Yes i know we are in lockdown again, but when you see all those empty seats it seems bonkers they couldnt get at least 2000 in in a 10k plus capacity stadium.

2000 socially distanced would be fairly safe. However, even if fans are allowed back it may only be 10 to 20 per cent of capacity. In our case between 1100 and 2200. The vast majority if not all would be season card holders therefore very little income for the club apart from a few hundred programme sales and a maybe the odd bit of corporate income. Then there is the cost of stewards and match day staff. We still need a grant (not a loan) from the Premier League.

How come I can go to the circus in a big tent but not football in the open air?
Cue the jokes!

No paying fans should be allowed to suffer watching England. Lost the will to live watching them this evening

2000 socially distanced would be fairly safe. However, even if fans are allowed back it may only be 10 to 20 per cent of capacity. In our case between 1100 and 2200. The vast majority if not all would be season card holders therefore very little income for the club apart from a few hundred programme sales and a maybe the odd bit of corporate income. Then there is the cost of stewards and match day staff. We still need a grant (not a loan) from the Premier League.
Yeah that did occur to me that it would be seasos, and i guess as you say steward, staff, police costs etc.

But it would massively affect the atmosphere and put some spirit back into the game. Surely the boxes could be sold too.

Hey ho its not gonna happen i guess, just baffles me that so many other avenues of life are still open that seem to have the same if not greater risk.

Anyway i dont want to turn this into a covid argument im sure we've all had enough of that, Just always strikes me seeing so many seats empty

It's strange they allowed pubs, restaurants theatres ext but not football stadiums. To me seems like the government looks down on football bit and don't give monkeys about football fans.

I’m sure you will jump back on the bandwagon when euro2021 starts again.

Maybe but not sure what the point of the competition is in the current climate. More players and entourage travelling round Europe risking contact and covid for what?

Would be very surprised if the safety certificate hasn't lapsed at roots Hall. If Ron's been juggling the payments that is probably way down the list. Will we ever return

Talking of H & S at The Hall. I remember the old Friday night games when the fire engine turned up and they walked around the pitch doing some form of check.

Its not just the fans sitting in the stadiums though, it is also fans arriving and leaving in large numbers and also packing into cars, public transport etc.

Just like when they kicked out the pubs at 10pm and there was a big party down oxford street and rush hour like use of the underground.

Back