• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed several food places have not even bothered to supply a delivery service this time round.

I doubt it broke even for many the first time.

That said everyone seems to be ignoring lockdown so maybe takeaways are the way to go.

Moderna will report the results for their vaccine very soon. It is very similar to the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine and so fingers crossed for similar efficacy across a wide population, a good safety profile, and then we will hopefully have two vaccines that can be developed/delivered around the same time, with more to come potentially.

My son my have to self isolate after a case at school despite him having had the virus in September.

Another two weeks of missed school...

We've already suffered one bout of enforced isolation due to 1 case at school, only a matter of time until the next.

This continual interruption of children's education for 1 case of Covid is not sustainable but their education doesn't seem to count for anything in the wider scheme of things.

Our cases aren't consistently falling yet (and I'm hearing that testing is being tighten in some places which has seen testing numbers stabilise), our hospitalisation rate continues to climb, although we might be seeing it start to slow. We're not in any type of lockdown comparable to last time and we're only 1 week in. A lot more is open, a lot more are going into work, and I imagine more people are being relaxed around the actual rules/restrictions.

Finally, our health system is now dealing with winter, and has COVID on top to deal with. i think that's going to result in a very challenging couple of months at the very least. We should be much better prepared this time around but I'm not 100% sure we are.

Yes and it astonishes me that there are many who seem to be unwilling to remember that the NHS had waiting lists and was close to full capacity in ICUs before Covid. Only by stopping other surgery/treatments were the beds available for Covid patients. The Nightingale hospitals were a laudable effort by many to make more beds available but you can have as many beds as you like but not much use for treating patients without the staff (many of whom of course were ill with Covid themselves).

Agreed that progress has been made in terms of knowledge of how to treat the illness and in protection of hospital staff, but those deniers saying there really isn't a problem should get their heads out of the sand. To trivialise this illness and its effects after all the death, misery, job losses and the inability to treat cancer, heart disease, and everything else is dangerous in my view.

As someone posted a while ago, you can always find a published 'expert' to back up any sort of crackpot conspiracy theory. This is real.

A few things.
Out shopping over last few days and I have noticed, when walking past Priory Aldi, I believe the mask wearing take up is close to 100%.
A few haven't got the "over" the nose too bit understood.
A few seem to have disposable masks which are on the 475th wearing and as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot.
And why do a few families still continue shopping en masse?

Small shops such as local newsagent seem to suffer inordinately from covidiots who believe the "just" popping in for a few non essential items Grant's them exemption and the shopkeeper is of no consequence in their mindset.

And a family member has her clinical trials kit that she is involved in for next 3/4 weeks.

Yes, I appreciate some parents may not have a choice, but there's really no need for mum, dad and two kids to go into Tesco. Also, why do so many elderly, clearly retired people go in on a weekend?!
I never understood the retired person weekend shopping thing, the post office in the high street seemed to be a big meeting point on a Saturday.

Yes, I appreciate some parents may not have a choice, but there's really no need for mum, dad and two kids to go into Tesco. Also, why do so many elderly, clearly retired people go in on a weekend?!

Hadleigh Morrisons is the worst for weekend OAP shoppers.

Married couple (man invariably wearing a v neck sweater and tie) drive there at 20mph in an immaculate 30 year old Rover.

Shopping consists of The daily Mail, some biscuits, teabags and maybe some brawn or haslet from the deli.

Then they either get confused at the self checkout or spend five minutes trying to use vouchers that expired two months ago.

No word of a lie - I once slipped on a half sucked Murray mint which had been dropped in one of the aisles.

Moderna (Pharmaceutical Co) in America have just announced that their vaccine has produced results of 95% effectiveness.

What are the odds that UCL/Oxford, Astro, GSK and Sanofi all bring their own on line too soon?
No news on the Russian vaccine that I have read, nor the Chinese?
The Chinese vaccine has run into trouble and been suspended in Brazil where it was being trialled as there were severe reactions to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back