• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in talks with striker and chairman Ron Martin hopes to clear embargo next week

Hmmm. Not so sure myself about Quaner. 27 goals in 10 years. Let's wait and see I guess but not too excited about this one based on his stats
At Bundesliga 2 and Championship level though. A lot of the names mentioned have similar records at League 1 and League 2 level. I think Quaner could do better than us anyway.

Interesting.
When he left Hamilton in the summer he was keen to get back to Liverpool as he had had enough of being away from his wife and family.
Br surprised if now he wanted to join us- we may even be an even longer commute. Of course if he is clubless any port in a storm- but even if he came he would be looking for a way to get back to the NW

Quaner I can’t see us getting anywhere near what he would want even if he wanted to come

My guess would still be O’Grady of those listed

That said with all the secrecy a surprise may be on the cards...whether a good one is another matter..

I think Ron and Mark might just wait until Jan now and get someone from a L1 or L2 club that are under and embargo, strangely we might be one of the biggest spenders in Jan as we have a lot of headroom in our wage cap

Seeing that Ched Evans looks on his way out of Fleetwood. Can’t see it being a realistic signing but shows there are options out there

That is a good article. It particularly highlights the difficulties players have recovering from injury. The long road back to competitive physical shape and the psychological impact is often overlooked by impatient fans. Good luck to Ngoo.
Love to have him back ,nice place to be reborn Michael , you began your career at SUFC why not begin your rebirth her also ,you would be made very welcome by the supporters thats for sure.

Seeing that Ched Evans looks on his way out of Fleetwood. Can’t see it being a realistic signing but shows there are options out there
Evans is a good player, and would probably be playing in the Championship if he wasn’t such a scum bag.

Another natural goalscorer without a club is Ricky Miller, but he’s another one with a checkered past.

Back