• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Mansfield Town

A 1-0 defeat against a good, confident side who had won their previous four games is actually not a terrible result for us. We have to keep our heads up and beat Bradford and Port Vale.

Very much back to the drawing board for MM, halford should never be in the first team, impact sub at best.
We need a couple of good players in this window.

What we have isnt good enough.

Story of our last 3 years.

I think we did well to keep it to 1-0.
Mansfield are a side comfortable on the ball, wiling to run at players and go round them.
If the Blues game plan was to hoof the ball forward on to a Mansfield head, they mostly succeeded.
BTW, the subs did nothing to make a telling difference.

FT - We're poor and MM should responsibility here. I don't think we have a sub-league 2 set of players (except perhaps up top), but he's not getting the best out of them.

Like watching paint dry, rubbish game, great if youre a Mansfield fan cos they over-run us and got the goal.
But if we cant make chances against Mansfield, no disrespect but its screams relegation to me. Only because we absolutely need points now.

I know we aren't but after that performance it very much feels like we are back at square one. Lots and lots of work to do to get us out of this relegation zone.

December form was a flash in the pan - need to put in some serious work and remember where we are and why we are here.

Well, same old problem. We won't stand a chance if we can't score!

Mansfield look a decent side, but we weren't good. Worried about injuries to Elvis and Macca, and it was a very preventable sending off.

Instead of people blaming the ref and Mansfield players re Dieng, how about digging him out about even giving the ref a decision to make. Brainless.
The Mansfield players gave the ref the decision to make by getting in his face, he clearly didn’t even see it, otherwise the ‘stamp’ would have been a straight red.

There were a few positives for me - Taylor I thought played well. Defensively we looked ok against a good attack. I like Sim, he has good build up play. But we need a finisher - had a couple of good chances again today that went begging.

Back