• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Mansfield Town

I’ll have to watch it again on the highlights then. I watched the replay and couldn’t see anything remotely close to a stamp. It also didn’t look like the referee had seen it, or at least he didn’t react to it straight away. Maybe I missed it.
It wasn’t a stamp he just walks on his ankle.

I’ll have to watch it again on the highlights then. I watched the replay and couldn’t see anything remotely close to a stamp. It also didn’t look like the referee had seen it, or at least he didn’t react to it straight away. Maybe I missed it.
I must admit to thinking the same until I saw it again, when I was deliberately looking at the ref. Wouldn’t call it a stamp, more a ‘tread’ - will be interesting to see what you think once you’ve had the benefit of seeing it again.

[/QUOTE]
He didn't reach for the red. He reached for the yellow
then the red but not until the Mansfield players cried like babies. A stamp is a red card, the ref gave a second yellow. Clearly he didn't see the incident but gave Deing a second yellow because of Mansfield players whining

I meant the second yellow which equals a red.Don't agree with the rest of your analysis.In any case Deing clearly deserved to go.No excuses Mansfield were clearly the better team and fully deserved their win on the strenght of their first half performance alone.

I’ll have to watch it again on the highlights then. I watched the replay and couldn’t see anything remotely close to a stamp. Maybe I missed it.
He trod on his foot. Impossible to say for sure if deliberate or otherwise.
The available options were nothing or red card- you can’t hedge your bets. It was not remotely near a stamp.
That said this way it’s a one match ban.
I always feel sorry for referees having to act on what the linesman saw- they are normally trudging up and down the line rather than being allowed to ref for a reason. Maybe the ref felt he had to do something rather than ignore the linesman but really wasn’t convinced it merited a red- maybe convinced himself there was no intent and it was a form of walking “without due care and intention” which then now comes under a yellow..

He trod on his foot. Impossible to say for sure if deliberate or otherwise.
The available options were nothing or red card- you can’t hedge your bets. It was not remotely near a stamp.
That said this way it’s a one match ban.
I always feel sorry for referees having to act on what the linesman saw- they are normally trudging up and down the line rather than being allowed to ref for a reason. Maybe the ref felt he had to do something rather than ignore the linesman but really wasn’t convinced it merited a red- maybe convinced himself there was no intent and it was a form of walking “without due care and intention” which then now comes under a yellow..
Dieng knew what he was doing. If it was unintentional human instinct would have made Dieng react.

It wasn’t a stamp he just walks on his ankle.
On purpose? If not I think a yellow is a bit harsh. If the Mansfield players don’t react, I don’t think the ref gives a card. Perhaps Dieng should have tried to make it clear straight away that it was an accident (even if it wasn’t) to calm the Mansfield players down, and get it in the referees head that it wasn’t intentional.

Either way, Dieng’s performances have dropped off in the past couple of games so a one game rest probably isn’t the worst thing for him.

The Mansfield players gave the ref the decision to make by getting in his face, he clearly didn’t even see it, otherwise the ‘stamp’ would have been a straight red.
this is why all those moaning about macca and JD chirping and nagging should maybe think again ! If more of ours used a bit of savvy and chirped up As well as those two no one would get a card and we'd get decisions like that. instead some prefer us to be silent victims. The game is how it is these days. You have to play the game or get mugged.

White needs to get in the refs ear!! He stands off and accepts decisions too much .
I wonder if thats a bit harsh as he was constantly in the refs ear last week and copped a yellow for being so vociferous, ( along with Macca )maybe didnt want another one straight away ?

Fair point Barry c
I don't like seeing it but when a few players do it together it can prevent an individual yellow and achieve the aim

Back