• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Port Vale 5-1 Southend United

People want to say then don’t want Ranger or Mohshini back ? Lol they would improve the team easily.

It's not often I'm pretty much speechless but I don't really have any words. The shape was wrong, no idea what the tactics were, the players looking the most disinterested I've seen since... probably last season which tells you something.

I can't back that tonight. I don't want MM gone, I feel for him and believe most people who seem to want him gone don't understand the situation this club is in, but I can't back that today.

I don't really know what else to say. You think it surely can't get any worse and it does

Sorry but I understand completely the situation the club is in and yet what I can't understand is why a manager who apparently spends so much time analysing games etc he still get's it wrong. It took him long enough to cut the playing from the back nonsense out and now he is persisting with a formation that doesn't suit us at all.

Sorry but I understand completely the situation the club is in and yet what I can't understand is why a manager who apparently spends so much time analysing games etc he still get's it wrong. It took him long enough to cut the playing from the back nonsense out and now he is persisting with a formation that doesn't suit us at all.
I'm sorry mate but if you think we're in this situation cause we're playing 5 at the back then you really don't

People want to say then don’t want Ranger or Mohshini back ? Lol they would improve the team easily.
Ranger probably would (and it's mainly his influence off the field that makes me hesitant) but if you think Mohsni would be an upgrade you need to stop living in the past, the Barnet fans thought he was awful. The Mohsni that used to play for us doesn't exist anymore, he's 33 years old now. The last thing we need is another aging player that is past his prime.

This is one of my biggest issues with MM. We'll never know how many points he cost us at the start of the season, before he finally change the way we were playing, and now he's doing it again, but just a different way!

I'm sorry mate but if you think we're in this situation cause we're playing 5 at the back then you really don't

No, I don't think that. That's just one of the reasons as to why things are going so badly at the moment. Another could be the recruitment. Despite being allowed to bring in 14 players, I'd say less than half have been any good. Off the field the club is in a sorry state but for me that doesn't excuse MM management ability.

Something has to change and it isn't going to be the chairman or squad. It wouldn't matter what formation we played today but I would be interested to know how many points we have got this season playing 5 at the back. I know people are offended by the PE teacher slur but if it's shorthand for well meaning enthusiastic amateurs that is exactly what the manager and his backroom team look like.

Is the Ranger effect already impacting on the squad?
How many reasonable employees would be put out by being "threatened" with a destructive maverick with poor work and social ethics being lauded and thrown into the mix?

Aside from that we have a real unbalance of players, especially winning midfielders who are fit.
And I think KT has a touch of covid hangover hampering his play BUT he is turned out despite that.

Back