• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is slightly covid related;

We have booked tickets for the Sun Studios Show at The Cliffs in July. Firstly it is good that shows are starting up again and we are hoping for some early Elvis and Cash 50s 60s classic rock and roll.
Also good that Cliffs Pav is going to be used for true purpose after jabs move elsewhere.

And making the bookings, and including 2 friends also to go along as group, seemed unreal as something no longer done, we had to challenge ourselves to getting back to what used to be taken for granted as normal.

We have booked tickets for the Sun Studios Show at The Cliffs in July. Firstly it is good that shows are starting up again and we are hoping for some early Elvis and Cash 50s 60s classic rock and roll.
Also good that Cliffs Pav is going to be used for true purpose after jabs move elsewhere.

And making the bookings, and including 2 friends also to go along as group, seemed unreal as something no longer done, we had to challenge ourselves to getting back to what used to be taken for granted as normal.
I've booked multiple gigs for the autumn. None earlier than the start of September, however. I think those first couple of times being in a large crowd are going to feel very strange.

I looked it up - now called a DSMA notice.

"The DSMA-Notice System is a means of providing advice and guidance to the media about defence and security information, the publication of which would be damaging to national security. The system is voluntary, it has no legal authority and the final responsibility for deciding whether or not to publish rests solely with the editor or publisher concerned."

I note it has no legal authority. What information do you think the Govt are attempting to surpress? And any links to sources?

Yes nicely worded but they have been very effective and well used in the last 30 years. The reason you don't here about them is the can't mention there is one in place

Some are on certain buildings, like the one not far from the city of London that experiments on animals. On my visit I was told under no circumstances are they to be rescued or saved in the event of a fire.......Must admit i didn't see any bats on the visit.

I looked it up - now called a DSMA notice.

"The DSMA-Notice System is a means of providing advice and guidance to the media about defence and security information, the publication of which would be damaging to national security. The system is voluntary, it has no legal authority and the final responsibility for deciding whether or not to publish rests solely with the editor or publisher concerned."

I note it has no legal authority. What information do you think the Govt are attempting to surpress? And any links to sources?
This is Rigsby world who posted on here , that a good Tory mate told him Boris would be gone by end of March, a lot must be happening in 8 days ?
Believe half, cut it by 50 percent, and a further 50 percent and some truth may be hidden there, still awaiting an answer to why man didn’t land on the moon because of the mirrors

This is Rigsby world who posted on here , that a good Tory mate told him Boris would be gone by end of March, a lot must be happening in 8 days ?
Believe half, cut it by 50 percent, and a further 50 percent and some truth may be hidden there, still awaiting an answer to why man didn’t land on the moon because of the mirrors

I believe man did land on the Moon. So I reckon those mirrors are man made

Yes because we've run out of countries to scare people with with new variants. The vaccines are working and cases are tumbling at a much quicker rate than last time we came out of lockdown. Unfortunately Europe played p******s and completely mucked up the vaccine roll out.

This is so wrong on so many counts.

Vaccine nationalism is a very ugly thing.

I'm sure you've heard the mantra "Nobody's safe ,until everbody's safe."

The vaccine roll out in the UK has been a wonderful thing.But every adult in the UK,The EU and elsewhere in the World needs to be vaccinated asap.Otherwise Brits can forget about their 2021 summer holidays abroad.

Last edited:

Ha! I've still got a couple of vouchers from them for The Fureys show at The Palace from last May (co-inciding with our last home match at Roots Hall).If you'd let me know I'd 've been quite happy to pass on the voucher numbers to you.

Don't think this will fly somehow but we'll see I suppose.

I absolutely hope so but this just feels inevitable. Because, and not to go too conspiratorial, vaccination passports are more than just about "public health". It goes deeper.

Some of the names I have seen backing health passports have a history of being weirdly obsessed with ID passports and the like.

I absolutely hope so but this just feels inevitable. Because, and not to go too conspiratorial, vaccination passports are more than just about "public health". It goes deeper.

Some of the names I have seen backing health passports have a history of being weirdly obsessed with ID passports and the like.

This is an old argument that goes back to the Bliar era.Can't say I mind carrying around (a copy of) my Spanish residence permit in my Shrimpers Trust cardholder (it's a legal requirement in Spain anyway) but the very idea of a vaccine passport sounds profoundly unBritish to me.

Last edited:
This is an old argument that goes back to the Bliar era.Can't say I mind carrying around (a copy of) my Spanish residence permit in my Shrimpers Trust cardholder (it's a legal requirement in Spain anyway) but the very idea of a vaccine passpport sounds profoundly unBritish to me.

Yep, I thought something was up when he started having big newspaper spreads and his 'exclusives' on the pandemic were propping up everywhere. Do a little research and his institute/foundation or whatever is hedging on Health Passports being a thing.

The game is the game I suppose, good business if you can get it. But I think all this stuff going on lately is just desperate theatre. All that matters is getting as many jabs in arms as possible, all this extra politics just screams desperation from certain people who want to hand out another dubious contract to a 'friend' or 'neighbour'.

Yep, I thought something was up when he started having big newspaper spreads and his 'exclusives' on the pandemic were propping up everywhere. Do a little research and his institute/foundation or whatever is hedging on Health Passports being a thing.

The game is the game I suppose, good business if you can get it. But I think all this stuff going on lately is just desperate theatre. All that matters is getting as many jabs in arms as possible, all this extra politics just screams desperation from certain people who want to hand out another dubious contract to a 'friend' or 'neighbour'.

I hope it is. But there are many worried people at the moment hearing this news such as landlords thinking they may have to have extra staff on the door to check these things if that goes ahead. We shall see in time I suppose though.

@jackj13 I agree, so many of these supposedly new mandatory laws are unenforceable and just headlines for the majority.
The joke of fining students £10k for house parties! waste of paper as they will never get paid or followed up in court with anything more that a community sentence or like.
No pub is going to take the passport idea seriously.

And there we have it. Something that was never going to be considered is now very much being considered. Hmmm.....

It's been the same pattern throughout this pandemic. The government says something won't happen and then within a few weeks it does. It's psychological abuse. Can't believe people are still falling for it.

I'm hoping this is just them trying to scare people into getting the jab. The idea is just unworkable without even starting on the ethics of it. Pubs would need door staff, it would probably create a black market for passports etc.

I personally cannot see how this would be enforceable and if we are saying we need proof of vaccinations to go in a pub where does it end?
Will we have to provide proof if we go into a supermarket? as lets be honest many people spend just as much time there as it takes to go into a pub and order a drink or even if we go into B&Q etc.

So what do you think your driving licence is? Everyone carries a form of ID so whats the problem? Get a cotton bud shoved up your hooter then get on the lash, it isn't hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back