• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, it's been a pleasure to talk to so many good people on this thread, people who give out great information, those who vaccinate on a daily basis, understanding and caring with empathy, it's made me realise not everyone is bad. As for the rest of this site, it's just toxic in so many ways, even during a pandemic, a lot of people are just nasty. With that (in my 5 months on this site), I won't be coming on here anymore, but I wish all of those I've chatted too great health going forward and look after yourselves :Thumbs up:
Well I shall be sad not to see you post on here any more

I live in Leigh, did they not offer you one at Mill Hall in Rayleigh?. Fingers x for no ill effects, give us an update tomorrow.
Appreciate everyone is different, i only know 1 guy who has had the Pffizer one, & he felt rough for the next 5 days!.
As for Basildon, haven't been there for about 20 years, but your comment rings true to people i know who've been there in last couple of years.
I work in local government, so my vaccine was arranged through the ECC Shift Partner Website, so think we got offered different venues.

If the current restrictions are “less severe” then what is more severe!? Dread to think. I can understand foreign holidays not looking viable in the short term, but we must get back to normal ASAP now all the at risk and over 50s have had a jab or 2. We can’t keep rolling out different things to push this back. Schools are back, testing is in place and is working well, numbers haven’t risen, deaths still declining quickly and more importantly hospital admissions are still falling.

There really are some thick ****s out there.

Nah. Disagree with this one Ricey. Don't get me wrong, it definitely had it's fair share of 5g towers, anti-vax nutters there.

But the premise of the anti-lockdown people were validated. These people have had family members with cancer not get seen too, despondent children, bankrupt business's, domestic suicides.

With all this talk of restrictions being extended till October now, people are at the end of their tether.

So death figures today, none in Scotland & Wales, 1 in Ireland and 17 in England. This is very nearly over.

So death figures today, none in Scotland & Wales, 1 in Ireland and 17 in England. This is very nearly over.

It's not over until practically the whole world has 'herd immunity', until then there is the risk of mutations that result in the vaccine being less effective.

It's not over until practically the whole world has 'herd immunity', until then there is the risk of mutations that result in the vaccine being less effective.

That could be the story forever. Anyway from next week we can’t go on holiday to the rest of the world until the end of June.....

"There is the risk" are the key words. Everything you do in life has a level of risk attached to it. The key thing is to evaluate the likelihood of an event happening and acting accordingly.
Covid will never be totally "over", but we are now very close to returning to a "normal" way of life and not continue to be slaves to a virus which we have now attained a high level of protection against.

Reactions: GNH
That could be the story forever. Anyway from next week we can’t go on holiday to the rest of the world until the end of June.....

"There is the risk" are the key words. Everything you do in life has a level of risk attached to it. The key thing is to evaluate the likelihood of an event happening and acting accordingly.
Covid will never be totally "over", but we are now very close to returning to a "normal" way of life and not continue to be slaves to a virus which we have now attained a high level of protection against.

To be clear I wasn't advocating we stay in lockdown forever,I disagreed with the statement that this is very nearly over, of that I'm nowhere near certain. I'm not even that confident this will be the last lockdown in the next 12 to 24 months!

On the positive side between 0 and 2 cases in the past 7 seven days in the local council ward I'm in. As I've said before I wouldn't be surprised if the current roadmap is accelerated

To be clear I wasn't advocating we stay in lockdown forever,I disagreed with the statement that this is very nearly over, of that I'm nowhere near certain. I'm not even that confident this will be the last lockdown in the next 12 to 24 months!

On the positive side between 0 and 2 cases in the past 7 seven days in the local council ward I'm in. As I've said before I wouldn't be surprised if the current roadmap is accelerated

If that happens there will be riots on the streets and that's no exaggeration. Many people are at the end of their tether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back