• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until India joins the 'red list' on Friday, & with an est 3,000 plus flying here up to then, in your opinion should we be very concerned here, re the virus spreading?.
Johnson was asked this question & why the delay until Fri, but retorted there was no mega concern, as all those getting here before Fri have to undertake various tests!.
Any idea what these are?.

Hasn't the Indian strain already been found in the UK - think it was an area of South London?

Re:India , it seems numbers are still rising and the actual numbers of cases and deaths is much much higher! One to avoid, unless you are good at cricket I guess.

Until India joins the 'red list' on Friday, & with an est 3,000 plus flying here up to then, in your opinion should we be very concerned here, re the virus spreading?.
Johnson was asked this question & why the delay until Fri, but retorted there was no mega concern, as all those getting here before Fri have to undertake various tests!.
Any idea what these are?.
There's not much evidence that this variant is resistant to the vaccine so far, there's a mutation they're slightly concerned about but it's apparently similar to the California variant's mutation and, whilst that ended up being slightly resistant to the vaccine, studies suggest that the vaccine prevents you getting serious symptoms from it. It's sensible to be cautious here (I'd expect we'll know enough by the time May 17th comes but if we don't it'd probably be sensible to delay the next phase until we do) but I wouldn't panic any more than we did about other variants.

Don’t panic

Attachments

• 528B171E-EEFB-43F3-99DB-41F4FAEF8638.jpeg
    528B171E-EEFB-43F3-99DB-41F4FAEF8638.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 32
India is a problem, seeing what's going on in the hospitals on the news is heartbreaking. I'm a grown man and cried what I saw.
One of my colleagues in gurgaon has it, her whole family do. They are terrified about if it gets severe as the hospitals don’t have oxygen

Don’t panic

I guess that will be great comfort to some in India where the health system has clearly been overwhelmed in some areas.

I saw an article this morning that compared reported covid deaths to reported cremations, the conclusion was the covid deaths are being under reported by up to 20 times.

One of my colleagues in gurgaon has it, her whole family do. They are terrified about if it gets severe as the hospitals don’t have oxygen

It's horrifying seeing the scene's on the news, you're heart breaks seeing people just being left to die everywhere. They say the death figures are 3k a day but it's probably 10 times that. India just doesn't have the set up to manage the death figures.

I guess that will be great comfort to some in India where the health system has clearly been overwhelmed in some areas.

I saw an article this morning that compared reported covid deaths to reported cremations, the conclusion was the covid deaths are being under reported by up to 20 times.

That doesn't suprise me.... You have to ask, where do we go from this. New Strain, god knows.

I'm not sure if India is a 2nd or 3rd world country these days, the whole world needs to throw at them what they can to help.

That doesn't suprise me.... You have to ask, where do we go from this. New Strain, god knows.

I'm not sure if India is a 2nd or 3rd world country these days, the whole world needs to throw at them what they can to help.
It is terrible, the stories I have read are heartbreaking. I love my cricket and watch the ipl which is happening in India at the moment and you'd think they were no worse than us at the moment, an odd mention of make sure you wear face coverings but nothing material. As indias biggest export to the world and millions of global viewers I think they are really missing an opportunity to appeal to the fans.

An est 350,000+ new daily cases, & they don't reckon it will peak until another 2-3 weeks?.
Who knows what the daily figures will be by then, & when they start reducing it wont be by mega numbers for some time?. Scary statistics?.

An est 350,000+ new daily cases, & they don't reckon it will peak until another 2-3 weeks?.
Who knows what the daily figures will be by then, & when they start reducing it wont be by mega numbers for some time?. Scary statistics?.

It's just crazy but I'm suprised it didn't happen sooner. It's now just hitting India in a big way. God knows what this means to the rest of the world, what's next? I bloody hope this vaccine works against this new strain.

It's just crazy but I'm suprised it didn't happen sooner. It's now just hitting India in a big way. God knows what this means to the rest of the world, what's next? I bloody hope this vaccine works against this new strain.
I share that view too - it is indeed scary times.
I absolutely feel for all those poor souls in India and was only talking to one of my colleagues today who family is in India. The poor guy cannot even get a flight to get out there.

I noted also that the Phillipines and Japan are now both back in lockdown.

you know what, sometimes we don't realise what we have with our NHS or appreciate.
I have to say giving these vaccinations has been one of my most pleasurable moments working within the NHS and most of the people I work with say the same.

So, got my vaccine text and went online and nearest place was Rayleigh but end of May was 1st appointment. Question maybe for @Tinks .. should I wait for my GP to contact me (Highlands) or keep on checking online? Ideally I’d want opposite my surgery and sooner. Advice welcome, cheers.

Turns out the death rate (deaths per million) in India is still lower than Europe and still much lower than the Uk

So, got my vaccine text and went online and nearest place was Rayleigh but end of May was 1st appointment. Question maybe for @Tinks .. should I wait for my GP to contact me (Highlands) or keep on checking online? Ideally I’d want opposite my surgery and sooner. Advice welcome, cheers.

Initially i received the NHS letter, which said i could book at my local Vaccination site, which is right opp where i live!. I went there, & they said i was told wrong info & had to book online??.
So booked at Mill Hall Raleigh.
2 days later my GP', also Highlands Surgery called me & offered me an appt over the road, for the following day!!!!.
On that basis, i'd expect Highlands to contact you sooner than your planned appt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back