• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

CT scan this afternoon at Southend Hospital, drove straight into the main car park, no queue, got my ticket from the barrier, had my scan and 1.5hrs later went to pay for parking (just under four quid.) All the pay machines were T/F'd with out of order signs on them, drove to the exit gates and the barrier was permanently raised. Very happy RHB.:Smile2:

That was a crazy pen shoot out. You could see on De Gea's face he was going to miss.

I'm a bit of a closet Man U fan so wanted them to win, but fair play to Villarreal, they parked the bus. It wasn't a good game to watch at all.

And the town has a population of 50K, Jesus, there's hope for us yet.

Didn't see the game but Villarreal have always been a well managed club.

It's a Bank holiday weekend and the weather looks better which is great as going to a BBQ for my first social occasion with people outside my bubble since March last year.
The only slight negative is two of them are Hamster's so will be like the cat that got the cream and my only hope is that means they will not want to talk about Southend's season in any detail too dampen my mood.

On day work over Dartfofd and the machine driver is dropping major hints that he wants to crack on by waving his bucket in the air. I'm on tacho break so he'll have to wait.

Bucket in air.

Still on break.

Bucket still in air.

Still on break.

Sounds top drawer mate.

Will you be keeping an eye on the Avs playoff game against The Golden Knights?
Yes, should be a good series - probably the two strongest teams in the NHL. Will be keeping an even closer eye on Game 7 of the Leafs/Habs game on Monday, my boys have come back from 3-1 down to tie the series 3-3. Would be a crying shame for the Leafs to choke. Again.

Yes, should be a good series - probably the two strongest teams in the NHL. Will be keeping an even closer eye on Game 7 of the Leafs/Habs game on Monday, my boys have come back from 3-1 down to tie the series 3-3. Would be a crying shame for the Leafs to choke. Again.

Haha, the Leafs couldn’t knock out a ****. 1st round choke artists for how many years on the trot now?

Vegas, despite being a decent team, seem to struggle in front of goal. Their Power Play is **** too. Still, I’ll be Knighting Up and hoping MacKinnon has a stinker. He’s a proper talent.

Habs have played a blinder brining it back to 3-3. I’ll cross my fingers for you ??

DVLA. Got my reminder letter last Wednesday that I will soon be 70 and I have to re-apply for my licence. Did it on-line on the same day and got my new licence yesterday. Impressive!

A photo on our "village" Facebook page of the local ice cream van man...in his other job as a pilot.

Yep, during lockdown he was furloughed from Ryan Air (I think) and took up selling ice creams. Now he's doing both. The picture was a selfie of him hanging out the window of an A320 saying he's off to Ireland and will be back selling ice creams later today!

Spent the last 48 hours in rural Southern Catalonia.Specifically in Horta (de St.Juan).Excellent Picasso museum there and also visted Gandia (wonderful Spanish civil war exhibition there). last time we were down that way was to visit some the Spanish civil war battlefields etc on a guided tour with some friends 3 years ago.Stopped for a nice seafood paella on the Delta d'Ebro on the way back.

Spent the last 48 hours in rural Southern Catalonia.Specifically in Horta (de St.Juan).Excellent Picasso museum there and also visted Gandia (wonderful Spanish civil war exhibition there). last time we were down that way was to visit some the Spanish civil war battlefields etc on a guided tour with some friends 3 years ago.Stopped for a nice seafood paella on the Delta d'Ebro on the way back.
What a nasty, vicious, spiteful war, and it is called "civil".

Back