• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

Well it was your choice to buy a season ticket before it was clear whether you could attend games, my sympathy for this is very similar to people in Portugal pulling compo face.
At the time we bought the season tickets (and were supporting the club in advance) the messaging from the ticket office was the first two games would be via iFollow and then it was envisaged that we would get to see the other 21 games at Roots Hall. As we did not get to see the games then surely a refund/compensation is due if requested?

I do not see how this compares to people booking to go on holiday to Portugal.

At the time we bought the season tickets (and were supporting the club in advance) the messaging from the ticket office was the first two games would be via iFollow and then it was envisaged that we would get to see the other 21 games at Roots Hall. As we did not get to see the games then surely a refund/compensation is due if requested?

Not in full as an alternative was made available due to the pandemic. I would expect a "gesture of goodwill" though along the lines of a discount in the shop, free away tickets to a game. That sort of thing

I bought a season ticket last year (as have done for many a year) possibly knowing that I may not get to see that many live games because of Covid. 2 Games (and both wins!!) was all anyone could see which was less than I was expecting to see, but I don't class that as the clubs fault.

They opened the ground up when restrictions allowed. I suppose it was lucky we had two home games on the bounce.

I still saw the matches on iFollow (after the teething issues with reception of the first 4/5 games) and to the later stages of watching on iFollow no issues at all. Granted, I could have paid £10 per match and watched the same games but for less. I paid my money and took a chance.

£370 was the price of the season ticket last year (IF you didn't use any of the refunds from the 19/20 season) That works out at just over £7 a week. I don't know about anyone else but I probably spend more on takeaways than the weekly cost of my season ticket.

One thing I have just seen after checking the club website for information on how much i paid last year. Did anyone receive a Southend United Season Card wallet??

I think that might have been the case but the start of the 2nd wave of Covid occured in the middle of part of September and increased pretty much steadily until mid Nov until Dec when it really ramped up.

Looks like we might be on the start of a third wave (although luckily deaths don't seem to be on the same trajectory just yet)

So I can see this seasons season ticket being a bit like last years. Unknown variable on if we'll be allowed back into the stadiums. Current regulations state yes but at reduced capacity. The Government (not getting party political here) could implement restrictions that affect how we would watch (reducing gatherings of large crowds etc)

I bought a season ticket last year (as have done for many a year) possibly knowing that I may not get to see that many live games because of Covid. 2 Games (and both wins!!) was all anyone could see which was less than I was expecting to see, but I don't class that as the clubs fault.

They opened the ground up when restrictions allowed. I suppose it was lucky we had two home games on the bounce.

I still saw the matches on iFollow (after the teething issues with reception of the first 4/5 games) and to the later stages of watching on iFollow no issues at all. Granted, I could have paid £10 per match and watched the same games but for less. I paid my money and took a chance.

£370 was the price of the season ticket last year (IF you didn't use any of the refunds from the 19/20 season) That works out at just over £7 a week. I don't know about anyone else but I probably spend more on takeaways than the weekly cost of my season ticket.

One thing I have just seen after checking the club website for information on how much i paid last year. Did anyone receive a Southend United Season Card wallet??

Exactly my thoughts as well; I knew what I was getting into when buying a season ticket last year, as I think many did, which is why some didn't renew.

I don't think about what I lost, I think about what I saved (train fares, beer money etc!!).

And no, I don't recall getting a wallet either!!

I considered my ST as a 'donation' I suppose; and so anything I got was an extra. I did learn that I am not a born 'television football watcher'; I had always assumed it was my lack of interest in the teams normally on TV - but I think it is football on the television itself. Just doesn't ring my metaphorical bell.
I can confirm that no ST wallet made its way to our part of SS2. I miss the old books of tickets - sigh..

Bought a ST for last season and took my chances on how many live games we would see - enjoyed those we did manage to get to and ok with watching the remainder on ifollow.. I considered it a way of helping the club continue and stay afloat but have to say I don't think our money was wisely spent - managerial team (once again at the recommendation of Harry R), Ranger, Mellis, - let's hope for better next season. No ST wallet to SS6 either.

Looking like adult season ticket prices will be dropped to just under £300 for the new season. Very good price in my opinion.

Looking like adult season ticket prices will be dropped to just under £300 for the new season. Very good price in my opinion.
just wondering have the club made some type of announcement on s t prices ?

Is that for new season card holders or renewal price?

Yep. £295 Adult I believe. Whether there are discounts/refunds etc we will see. But you can’t really argue at that price to be fair.

Interesting thread this, people have different ideas about value. That Kings Lynn price is extraordinary, if it's right.

My team (Blackpool) look like charging somewhere in the £300-350 range for next season (that's an estimate, no announcement yet). I thought that was good value anyway, it looks ever better now.

COVID has changed things a lot though. It's a tough market for players now, I think wages may come down quite sharply.

Back