• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadiums at Full Capacity from 19 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the polarised debate over masks at the Hall disturbing.
It barely takes three or four comments before hackles are raised.
Why?
Surely, if we're all fans of the same club and want to help and reassure each other, we would do the right thing, no?
How hard is that to understand?
Forget the politics, theorising and debate over the effect of masks, just be kind and generous to all supporters.
Live and let live. Personally, I'll be taking the mask off when outdoors, but if someone around me asks me to wear one to make them feel safer, I will.

No issues with anyone who chooses to wear one when seated outside, nor if someone in the bar chooses not to wear one.

The “inconvenience” of wearing a mask from entering the ground to taking your seat outside seems so small compared to the kindness to others who might be concerned that I struggle with it.

That said when the Gov had effectively just washed their hands of all responsibility and leadership how can we really criticise any individual for doing as they please?

Better just park the discussion- but we should ALL be following any guidance issued by the club.

Speaking with my fanzine editor hat on, it is going to be a hell of a challenging season for us for two reasons - it is no longer really fair to ask someone to stand outside a ground and take money from hundreds of people for two hours.
Secondly, society has made a massive step towards going cashless - how many people will be able to find a nugget in their pocket for AAS?
We're going to have to look at how we do things for sure, we do want to keep going but it might need us to explore other ways of selling. So far, online sales are still only a fraction of matchday sales.
If it's any consolation to you, i still use cash for everything, never used 'contactless', probably an age thing!.

Speaking with my fanzine editor hat on, it is going to be a hell of a challenging season for us for two reasons - it is no longer really fair to ask someone to stand outside a ground and take money from hundreds of people for two hours.

Secondly, society has made a massive step towards going cashless - how many people will be able to find a nugget in their pocket for AAS?

We're going to have to look at how we do things for sure, we do want to keep going but it might need us to explore other ways of selling. So far, online sales are still only a fraction of matchday sales.

Sadly I think you're right and this may be a real struggle for you.
The cashless society was already gathering pace before the pandemic , but now it's firmly entrenched.
I rarely carry cash now.
I'm involved in collecting monies for a local society and one of the things we are now looking at is getting one of those mobile / portable card readers.
Unfortunately there will be the initial outlay , but you may find it pays for itself in a fairly short period of time as customers may be willing to 'tap' and pay.
Just a suggestion and wish you well.

The cashless society was already gathering pace before the pandemic , but now it's firmly entrenched.
I rarely carry cash now.
I'm involved in collecting monies for a local society and one of the things we are now looking at is getting one of those mobile / portable card readers.
Unfortunately there will be the initial outlay , but you may find it pays for itself in a fairly short period of time as customers may be willing to 'tap' and pay.

Yeah it's an option but we may have to crowdfund to get one as the pandemic has completely shredded our finances. Also we sell round two sides of the ground, so we'd probably need two

Yeah it's an option but we may have to crowdfund to get one as the pandemic has completely shredded our finances. Also we sell round two sides of the ground, so we'd probably need two
Could you mention on here when a new issue is out, so's it could be bought online like a matchday programme as a PDF download or similar?

I'll buy one this way for starters.

I'm willing to help out in any way you need ( including contributing )

Reactions: Jai
I rarely carry cash now.
Agree, youve got to get a card reader. I dont carry cash anymore and im in my 40s, youngsters dont anymore.

Card readers are not always the be all and end all. I popped into the Ticket office this morning to pick up our Spammers tickets, the guy in front of me bought his, went to pay only to be told the reader was not working and it was cash only.

Card readers are not always the be all and end all. I popped into the Ticket office this morning to pick up our Spammers tickets, the guy in front of me bought his, went to pay only to be told the reader was not working and it was cash only.
True, but as far as the fanzine is concerned lets say 50 people dont buy it as they dont carry cash, lot of sales missed out on.

The “inconvenience” of wearing a mask from entering the ground to taking your seat outside seems so small compared to the kindness to others who might be concerned that I struggle with it.

That said when the Gov had effectively just washed their hands of all responsibility and leadership how can we really criticise any individual for doing as they please?

Better just park the discussion- but we should ALL be following any guidance issued by the club.
Have my own opinions and my own choices to make in the coming weeks on how I will now conduct myself.

Might not align with what the club asks of me but I will have no qualms with complying for the sake of other Shrimpers fans while we all re-integrate back into a much more normal and casual way of life.

True, but as far as the fanzine is concerned lets say 50 people dont buy it as they dont carry cash, lot of sales missed out on.
Yeah, I get that. Maybe Jai needs to mount a sales drive for on-line buying in advance for a better price? He may already do that, but the Go fund me route may be worthwhile with enough publicity around it.

Yeah, I get that. Maybe Jai needs to mount a sales drive for on-line buying in advance for a better price? He may already do that, but the Go fund me route may be worthwhile with enough publicity around it.
Maybe a go fund me with a special issue for all donaters, pdf delivery.

Very reduced rate online pdf, and matchday sales with card reader ?

Maybe a go fund me with a special issue for all donaters, pdf delivery.

Very reduced rate online pdf, and matchday sales with card reader ?
That will teach me to check stuff out before posting. You can already buy the mag on-line individually or per annum.

Whenever I hear this in a restaurant or takeaway I assume the business is in trouble.

Whilst this is so pleasing, i will wait till it happens, we have been told no more lockdowns we had one, restrictions will end in June they didnt, so whilst good news i will wait to see what happens.
My 3 friends and myself have decided not to renew our season cards unfortunately. We don't want to risk it with the Covid especially as some fans don't seem to want to take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back