• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend North Bank Survey

If we took all of the north bank where would the away fans go as that would cause issues.

If we take part of the north stand it has to be the area towards the west stand which as some have said has the worst facilities.

Ideally you would like to put the away fans in the corner between the West and North (or North and East) but the will be issues with this (cant do the other as stands don’t join i know) both financially and safety.

WHilst a good idea to look at I would think best to stay as we are whilst at Roots Hall as it would seem to be easier in a lot of ways

Excluding a few of the larger clubs in the league, I think away fans could predominantly be kept in the corner between West and North; not many could fill the corner which would mean we get the full North Stand but we still have the issue of entrances/exits.

The North Bank will only work if we get 2/3 or more, anything less and it’s pointless and does not improve the atmosphere
Are you joking away fans that bring 500 plus make more noise than our whole ground if we could get 1000 in there it would be loud!!!

That was the worst footballing survey I've seen. Open to abuse, no sort of validation whatsoever either. (I am holding this up against the Everton "rate the manager between 0 and 10" question as well)

No way of measuring demand either, are the x hundred who click they want it season ticket holders? Is there support from fans to migrate to the North Bank but may not necessarily want to go themselves as they feel the atmosphere generated is worth it?

Could the club have carried out some work to look at the scope of introducing safe standing in that area which could have been crowdfunded with some sort of link up with the supporters trust.

The opportunities were endless. Instead "fancy moving?".

We are never going to get the whole northbank.

We will get what we had last time. A small section by the west.

We tried this before. It didn't work. There were a few hundred supporters at best who made some noise. I was one of them and it just felt very disjointed.

The view is poor. Toilets are the worst in the ground.

I would much prefer that they made the X Block the blue voice. It's bigger and closer to the away end, which will be mostly non existent this season.

I loved the original North Bank and the terracing. Its just a nostalgic idea of a time long gone.

It's a no from me.
That’s it from me too. Standing in a packed North Stand in the 60’s was great and the place was rocking. Nowadays I prefer a better view and something a bit more comfortable. However, I understand that younger fans may want to enjoy what we had and enhance the RH Roar!

We are never going to get the whole northbank.

We will get what we had last time. A small section by the west.

We tried this before. It didn't work. There were a few hundred supporters at best who made some noise. I was one of them and it just felt very disjointed.

The view is poor. Toilets are the worst in the ground.

I would much prefer that they made the X Block the blue voice. It's bigger and closer to the away end, which will be mostly non existent this season.

I loved the original North Bank and the terracing. Its just a nostalgic idea of a time long gone.

It's a no from me.
The toilets are worse? Blimey what is it a hole in the ground?

You only need to refer to the two homes games last December , with only 400 Southend allowed the noise generated was like 4000 .....

Let's be honest the North bank is the only part of the ground where a few hundred can bring back the Roots Hall Roar.

I thought for many years how good it would be to get back into the North Bank.

Sat there for 2 games last season and it proved that nostalgia is just that. I enjoy my South Upper seat too much now with a decent view.

Maybe all standing in the North Bank would make me think again, the atmosphere etc but thinking back, the view was never that great back in the day

Not for me thank you and I will stay in my regular seat in the West.
The leg room is awful in the North Bank
Also as someone has already posted there are some reasons as to why it will remain an away supporters area.

Should it be open to home fans? Yes. Did I enjoy watching a game there in Dec? Yes. Will I move from the South? No. The fans DO sound louder in there that’s a fact.

You only need to refer to the two homes games last December , with only 400 Southend allowed the noise generated was like 4000 .....

Let's be honest the North bank is the only part of the ground where a few hundred can bring back the Roots Hall Roar.
I completely agree with the sentiment but wasn’t it 2000 fans?

Exacte, it’s pretty obvious everyone will be standing - which in itself will be either good/ bad depending on your personal circumstances
It will be like a away crowd atmosphere when we take 1000-1500 away the atmosphere is great we could get that at home aswell!!

Back