• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Who is to say it was to see a game?

Could have been to meet a player.

I'm sure CP quoted brown as saying he was going to watch a game in respect of a signing.

Edit:

A quote from Phil Brown from earlier today

"I’m going to to watch a player this afternoon. He’s a number nine and hopefully we can get him. If we do get him then we maybe won’t need the trialists."

I'm sure CP quoted brown as saying he was going to watch a game in respect of a signing.

Edit:

A quote from Phil Brown from earlier today

"I’m going to to watch a player this afternoon. He’s a number nine and hopefully we can get him. If we do get him then we maybe won’t need the trialists."

Maybe he had his dark glasses and trenchcoat handy, and was watching him in Sainsburys.

Maybe he had his dark glasses and trenchcoat handy, and was watching him in Sainsburys
If someone was behaving like that in Sainsbury’s I’d expect security to be on it quick sharp!
Especially with this recent heat. I hope he was wearing something UNDER the trenchcoat.

Unrelated - I can’t get the hang of this new-look quoting feature ?

Virgil Gomis linked. One of the recent trialists maybe? I've only attended the WH friendly so maybe somebody who was at Wakering can provide some insight into if it was him and, if so, whether he looked the part.

JMD is back on trial at Crawley. Not really a surprise as it’s so close to where he’s from. You won’t be missing out on much; doubt PB liked him one little bit once he got a close look.

Virgil Gomis linked. One of the recent trialists maybe? I've only attended the WH friendly so maybe somebody who was at Wakering can provide some insight into if it was him and, if so, whether he looked the part.
Doesn't bode well, Grimsby and Notts County fans didn't rate him at all in his loan spells.

Doesn't bode well, Grimsby and Notts County fans didn't rate him at all in his loan spells.

It is a pity that the Board - independently of the Chairman - cannot provide additional funds for the strengthening of the team.

Alex Reid, the Stockport striker, is 6'4", 25 years old and scored 17 goals in the National League and might be available if a reasonable offer was put in.

Reid's chances of getting a regular place in the Stockport team could now be jeopardised by the very expensive signing of Quigley from Barrow and also the signing of Craig Madden in March.

It is a pity that the Board - independently of the Chairman - cannot provide additional funds for the strengthening of the team.

Alex Reid, the Stockport striker, is 6'4", 25 years old and scored 17 goals in the National League and might be available if a reasonable offer was put in.

Reid's chances of getting a regular place in the Stockport team could now be jeopardised by the very expensive signing of Quigley from Barrow and also the signing of Craig Madden in March.
Crikey, with Quigley, Madden and Reid Stockport will be a team to be reckoned with all right.

Dagenham offered more money for one player we tried to sign. Highly unlikely we will be pinching players from Stockport.....Even if they are 4th choice.

JMD is back on trial at Crawley. Not really a surprise as it’s so close to where he’s from. You won’t be missing out on much; doubt PB liked him one little bit once he got a close look.
Did he actually com din for a trial? I never thought he did, we were interested as per CP but dont remember anyone saying he actually came in. If he did surprised PB didn’t play him in a game or liked him would have thought he would be a PB type player

Did he actually com din for a trial? I never thought he did, we were interested as per CP but dont remember anyone saying he actually came in. If he did surprised PB didn’t play him in a game or liked him would have thought he would be a PB type player

He never came in for a trial. There have been discussions, but he never came in for a trial.

Some good players in this league. We will do well to even get in the play offs I feel.
There are, however the winning formula over the past couple of seasons hasn't been signing big ex-league names.

20/21 - Sutton and Hartlepool
19/20 - Barrow and Harrogate

Now that's not to say that I'm confident we can win the league, especially with how the squad looks now. But if leagues were won on paper based on big name/money signings then it'd be boring and no bookies would ever take bets!

Back