• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Would prefer Courtney Duffus. He is 6' 2" and can play upfront with Murphy or Rush. Michael Cheek is 5' 8" and is more of a goal poacher, albeit a prolific one.
Duffus has been is injured, hardly kicked a ball since March and Cheek is over 6ft, and good with his head.

Duffus has been is injured, hardly kicked a ball since March and Cheek is over 6ft, and good with his head.
Thanks, Shepshead. I stand corrected. I got the 5'8" figure for Cheek from sources on the internet. If Cheek is over 6ft and good in the air that would change the picture. The problem - and it is a big problem - Cheek is under contract with Bromley and would probably cost more than Southend could pay.

Hopefully, we get some news on the transfer front shortly.

Thanks, Shepshead. I stand corrected. I got the 5'8" figure for Cheek from sources on the internet. If Cheek is over 6ft and good in the air that would change the picture. The problem - and it is a big problem - Cheek is under contract with Bromley and would probably cost more than Southend could pay.

Hopefully, we get some news on the transfer front shortly.

If it was Cheek, would Brown need to go and watch him as surely his record stands out for itself?

If it was Cheek, would Brown need to go and watch him as surely his record stands out for itself?
I think you would as you need to see if his style fits with what you want to play, you want to see his movement, intelligence on the pitch etc.

having a good goal scoring record doesn’t mean it works at all teams.

Last edited:
I thin’ you would as you need to see if his style fits with what you want to play, you want to see his movement, intelligence on the pitch etc.

having a good goal scoring record doesn’t mean it works at all teams.
His former clubs may disagree, given his career stats.

Kyle Hudlin played for Solihull Moors yesterday afternoon.

We’ve likely no chance of signing him but my word he would be incredible.

Previous experience tells me we should never get too excited when PB comes out with these kind of statements.
Who won’t be excited are the trialists. He’s basically said no thanks there. Even if we do sign one of them they are going to know they weren’t first choice.

We offered him 3k a week in January he was set to sign and pulled out at the 11th hour!!

And I offered him 5k but he turned my pub team down too. Its easy to make up stuff as an excuse for failure. Surely no one with basic intelligence would believe we had one target and one target only and if that failed we would not have a backup plan.

Previous experience tells me we should never get too excited when PB comes out with these kind of statements.

True but more recent experience tells us if a manger doesn't come out with with these kind of statements he gets slagged.

PB has been around long enough, he is actually doing CP a favour with all his comments......If truth be told.

Back