• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

B
Chris Phillips said on Tuesday that we were still in for him.
been 2 days since then lol. and this is SUFC.

being he is a free agent surely he would train if we were interest like the other trial it’s are. Hopefully we are, he looks a decent player but I am sceptical for the above reason as well as finances if what PB said is true. I am though at resent taking that as a misleading remark to make people try harder and make agents and teams think we have less that we do. That’s my hope anyway

IMO it would probably be easier to get Duffus of the Bromley strikers who offers a bit more all-round play though doesn't score as much (yet!).

I wonder if we might take a look at ex-Plymouth youngster Klaidi Lolos. Looked good at youth levels but never really got much of a sniff there.
Lolos has gone to Torquay. I think he might surprise a few people there.

Gone to Sutton.
It seems like John Akinde (32) is still available at Gillingham, but his wages are probably outside Southend's reach and there would of course be a fee of some sort since he is under contract. Besides, Akinde would probably want to stay in the League if he could.

It seems like John Akinde (32) is still available at Gillingham, but his wages are probably outside Southend's reach and there would of course be a fee of some sort since he is under contract. Besides, Akinde would probably want to stay in the League if he could.
We offered him 3k a week in January he was set to sign and pulled out at the 11th hour!!

Yep and I'd say £3k a week for a striker that played almost every game in L1 last season is better value than £1K a week on some of the names being thrown into the ring.
And if that £3k per week was 10% of the entire budget then people would be rightly suggest no lessons have been learnt. And if that striker gets injured first game of the season and is out for 3 months...

I think thus far the approach has been pretty sensible. Two or three gaps we must still fill with right people but positive so far..

BTW interesting to go on the Wrexham forum and see many on there are pretty underwhelmed with their signings to date. Supporters generally are never happy.

And if that £3k per week was 10% of the entire budget then people would be rightly suggest no lessons have been learnt. And if that striker gets injured first game of the season and is out for 3 months...

I think thus far the approach has been pretty sensible. Two or three gaps we must still fill with right people but positive so far..

BTW interesting to go on the Wrexham forum and see many on there are pretty underwhelmed with their signings to date. Supporters generally are never happy.
Agree with all that. £3K is a risk we won't be taking I don't suppose. However £1K on a player that adds nothing is a total waste of money. We've added a couple of players that for the life of me I can't see what they add to what we already have (apart from kilos). I'm behind PB and he is an experienced pro. As a fan I'm looking at the departure lounge and arrivals and we're going backwards (sustainably). There's still plenty of time though.

Sorry Edit: We have signed a striker though which is a marked step forward. More required.

Agree with all that. £3K is a risk we won't be taking I don't suppose. However £1K on a player that adds nothing is a total waste of money. We've added a couple of players that for the life of me I can't see what they add to what we already have (apart from kilos). I'm behind PB and he is an experienced pro. As a fan I'm looking at the departure lounge and arrivals and we're going backwards (sustainably). There's still plenty of time though.
I agree at this level £1k can be a waste in positions we already appear to have a lot of cover in. However, we don't know for sure who might leave, and it will be a few weeks yet before we will have games that will give an indication of what players can or can't do.

Some at this stage will find PB's fitness and training schedule really tough and have pretty empty tanks for the first few games. Others like Mr. Duracell will probably go home and go for a run.. What PB will make them is fit for the season (if they don't break). So the chances of seeing them at their best is then not now in a few cases. That then requires patience- something some don't have, especially if it passes on the opportunity to pick a victim early..

I guess from a Wrexham's fans point of view, they are gunning to win the league with big investment to do so. To sign a striker who has only scored 12 goals and a defender who has hardly played in 6 years, I guess they would be underwhelmed.

It's nice we aren't just chucking money around and trying to be sensible this time round.

All posts regarding Mullins have been moved to here:

I doubt that you would have been happy if Southend had signed Lennon either..............

F9B3F0FF-336C-4AD4-93BD-D5800CC15A6D.jpgSomeone posted this on Twitter. Not sure if it’s a name we’ve heard mentioned before? Or if any credibility as an Instagram account

Back