• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

It's less wages if you sign them on the Friday before a game though.

Less time to get injured in training as well
True, but also if a player is signed on a month’s loan you also have to look at the dates we’re actually playing.

The last of our 7 games in October is on 30/10 so you wouldn’t want the contract to expire on the 29th just for the appeasement of an impatient fan base!

If there is any player out there considering joining a club that is:

Rotten to the core
Utterly Rudderless
Likely to defer on wages payments
Lacking any teeth or backbone on the pitch
Facing an identity crisis

....then that player is probably not worth getting excited about.. If anything, I feel for him.

Trying to sign Ricky Holmes before tomorrow. I mean.... I just give up.
The problem is already there isn't a long queue of players wanting to come. And protests will put of many of the those who will consider it. And we are desperately lacking creativity..desperately. In pre-season basically Holmes was pulling all the strings. When I saw hime verses Dartford we cam alive when he came on. I would love somehow we could attract a younger version. But the current climate has probably killed all hope of that being achievable- I suspect Ron knows that and will now sanction.

Has RH a release clause? imagine having to pay a fee...oh the farce...

Does giving him (PB) what he wanted (RH) counter a wrongful dismissal claim if it continues to go wrong ? ... and if it starts to go right (hard to imagine right now) ... hooray !

Genuinely curious does anyone outside of PB think RH will add anything at all to our current team. Looks a complete and utter waste of wages to me. Wouldn't even make the bench

Does giving him (PB) what he wanted (RH) counter a wrongful dismissal claim if it continues to go wrong ? ... and if it starts to go right (hard to imagine right now) ... hooray !
Bizarrely Homes is playing in a Farnborough side who are in the promotion places in the Southern Premier South and last week stuffed Aldershot 4-1 in the Hampshire Cup (Holmes scored with a rare header). Doubt they will want him to leave given the season they are having so far.

Genuinely curious does anyone outside of PB think RH will add anything at all to our current team. Looks a complete and utter waste of wages to me. Wouldn't even make the bench
Back in pre-season (just 8 games ago) plenty of people wanted to sign him on here. Now we are a fickle bunch so this could well have changed but certainly the surprise would be if you were surprised.

We desperately need creativity and the question you pose is difficult to answer without knowing who the realistic alternatives are that we can get in quickly. With emphasis on the realistic.

Back in pre-season (just 8 games ago) plenty of people wanted to sign him on here. Now we are a fickle bunch so this could well have changed but certainly the surprise would be if you were surprised.

We desperately need creativity and the question you pose is difficult to answer without knowing who the realistic alternatives are that we can get in quickly. With emphasis on the realistic.
Not a single person I spoke to or know having gone to games over the past 20 seasons want him. I just think those that did shouted louder as there was the whole saga of it dragging on

Not a single person I spoke to or know having gone to games over the past 20 seasons want him. I just think those that did shouted louder as there was the whole saga of it dragging on
Not sure you sample size of 20 can just replace the views on here on that basis. But for sure opinion was divided- but then it always is on most things

Not sure you sample size of 20 can just replace the views on here on that basis. But for sure opinion was divided- but then it always is on most things
More than 20, you've misread that, but your point is valid.

I guess my point is more do people actually see him as a valuable addition OR was it an easy target to aim negativity towards RM for not supporting PB?

Do people actually rate the player he is now. Not the player he was 5 years+ ago?

Back