• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Show Ron the Red TODAY!

Show Ron The Red!

Show your displeasure at how our football club is being mismanaged at today's home match vs. Chesterfield. From 2.00pm, representatives from Save Our Southend will handing out red cards to supporters around the area outside Roots Hall.

We urge all fans to join us in holding this card up at 19:06 minutes into the match. We feel that this will be symbolic with the club having been founded in 1906.

At the same time, make your voices heard around Roots Hall with a loud chant of "Martin Out".

Enough is enough!

#RedCardRon #MartinOut FB_IMG_1633772511990.jpg

---^-- agreed.

Before the start, half-time and/or at the end I'd've thought would be better if you must - at least the players and officials won't be distracted....

If we have people on the playing area again I fear we will divide the fans - so hopefully you will add the same advise as previously. And that same advise clearly to the crowd outside before the game. The last thing we need is protesters on the pitch being booed by fans. This is a real possibility.

If we have people on the playing area again I fear we will divide the fans - so hopefully you will add the same advise as previously. And that same advise clearly to the crowd outside before the game. The last thing we need is protesters on the pitch being booed by fans. This is a real possibility.

I don't see anywhere where advising entering the pitch area. This is about as peaceful as a protest can get no?

And your alternative is?

Utterly futile.

Another owner. That's how it normally works when someone puts something up for sale. Is there anything you own you expect to know the buyer before considering putting it up for sale?

Fans are entitled to protest! It's their club at the end of the day...... they are within their rights to make their voices heard!

Personally I want Ron gone but I know he not going anywhere until FF happens. Probably why I don't attend many games now.

We are Southend UNITED, not Southend get points docked. So enjoy and protest with care as I know most of you will and may your hearts be steady and in the right place

I don't see anywhere where advising entering the pitch area. This is about as peaceful as a protest can get no?
I’m not criticising the planned protest - just pointing out given that went on previously encouraging people not to enter the playing area appears to be an omission

I would say yes, it does matter. The very person the protest is aimed at won't be there.
Obviously we would have preferred him to be there, but we can't let him dictate whether we voice our feelings. Next home league game is Woking in 5 weeks and the crowd likely won't be quite as big. Not discounting the fact that the boys might have got a few wins by then and caused those who can't look beyond the results to go back into their shells.

Support the team during the game. Keep any protests to before, half time and after.
That was the advise from SOS last time was it not
We personally don't plan to distract the players during the game because like everybody else, we want to see a win. JD and Nathan Ferguson have already said they were so focused on Tuesday that they barely noticed what was going on, but SOS weren't involved in what went on then anyway. Holding up red cards at 19:06 minutes into the match is about as peaceful (and symbolic) as you can get.

Yep, accompanied with "We want Martin Out" chants, it says.

Reactions: JD
Yep, accompanied with "We want Martin Out" chants, it says.
Yep, because that is of course the aim. It was done on Tuesdsy, had no negative effect, the players were still supported and several of them have said it didn't affect them.

Back