• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Show Ron the Red TODAY!

One thing I want clarified is what is the aim of this now? Ron has explicitly said he is not selling the club and regardless of what the fans want he holds all the cards as the owner of the club.

Let’s be honest our fans don’t even know what they want - yes they want Ron out but then if Stan put a consortium together a lot of fans don’t want him involved with the club for some reason or another. Just a food for thought - is the grass always greener on the other side?
I don’t think anyone can doubt Ron doesn’t support this club financially and I actually thought he was empathetic and our best players are players he bought in this season.

Get behind the blues and stop the pathetic protesting when nothing is gonna change until the stadium is done. if you think anything will change before then then I’m sorry to tell you that you are very deluded!

One thing I want clarified is what is the aim of this now? Ron has explicitly said he is not selling the club and regardless of what the fans want he holds all the cards as the owner of the club.

Let’s be honest our fans don’t even know what they want - yes they want Ron out but then if Stan put a consortium together a lot of fans don’t want him involved with the club for some reason or another. Just a food for thought - is the grass always greener on the other side?
I don’t think anyone can doubt Ron doesn’t support this club financially and I actually thought he was empathetic and our best players are players he bought in this season.

Get behind the blues and stop the pathetic protesting when nothing is gonna change until the stadium is done. if you think anything will change before then then I’m sorry to tell you that you are very deluded!
Thanks for your input Ron

Ron says lots of things. More often than not, they aren't the truth.

Oh no. Some red cards held up and Martin Out chants planned during the game. It’s going to be like Galatasaray v Fenerbahce. Hope the poor darlings on the pitch and in the stands won’t be too traumatised by it all. Seriously ??‍♂️

It’s hardly Charlton or Blackpool levels of disruption is it. As protests go this is pretty peaceful. If you agree take part, if you don’t then don’t.

Last edited:
We won our last game with protest! Can't change winning habit. Power to the fans ?

Show Ron The Red!

Show your displeasure at how our football club is being mismanaged at today's home match vs. Chesterfield. From 2.00pm, representatives from Save Our Southend will handing out red cards to supporters around the area outside Roots Hall.

We urge all fans to join us in holding this card up at 19:06 minutes into the match. We feel that this will be symbolic with the club having been founded in 1906.

At the same time, make your voices heard around Roots Hall with a loud chant of "Martin Out".

Enough is enough!

#RedCardRon #MartinOut View attachment 17043
Waste of time....show Phil the red for having lost the plot in the last few years.....the strikers on our books are as good as any. Ain't Ron's fault that the manager doesn't know how to use them!

Want to protest fine but unless it goes with finding someone willing to pay Ron £50m it’s just allowing you vent without any other outcome. Ron is here till FF is delivered or the new owner covers what Ron will make from the FF deal.

That doesn’t mean that it’s not the truth it just goes to show regardless of what he says you are never gonna believe him so what’s the point in the zooms etc if the majority of fans have that outlook?

I get people saying what’s the alternative. But exposure is the key here I think. It highlights the issues on a local/national level and if nothing else will put pressure on Ron/Council/Backers to pull their finger out and get things done. It may also unearth some interested parties, again putting some pressure on, or even providing an alternative mid-term.

We should be letting ron know vocally of our displeasure of him.
BUT also we should be singing the players names in support of them.
If we do this then the players would know we are not having go at them, but just purely the upper management, and hopefully the players hearing this would play well, and spur them on to victory.

How about putting some reasoned answers to Dan's points?
He (Dan) makes some assessments which are accurate imo, if not endearing to the dreams, hopes and desires of most folks.
No one can. I’ve asked a number of times recently and all I get is a sarcastic answer each time.

I get people saying what’s the alternative. But exposure is the key here I think. It highlights the issues on a local/national level and if nothing else will put pressure on Ron/Council/Backers to pull their finger out and get things done. It may also unearth some interested parties, again putting some pressure on, or even providing an alternative mid-term.
I don’t think too many object to protests as such and the exposure it’ll bring to the club’s perilous state. But I think many are concerned there’ll be pitch invasions or other stuff that’ll result from it and disrupt the game and even lead to points deductions, worst case.

Protests back end of last season…new CEO recruited for the first time in years and transfer business started earlier than ever.

Protests recently…as if by magic a council meeting to finalise the stadium plans appears.

I’m not saying these things are a direct result of the discontent shown, but it’s given all those responsible a kick up the arse for sure.

Absolutely this. Not to mention the fact that just because RM says and wants people to believe that there are no alternatives, doesn't mean there aren't. There have been and still are interested parties. It helps him for fans to believe that he's the only person who can save us. It's propaganda and he's had people wrapped around his little finger for years. It's why our fanbase is so apathetic.

Back