• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Show Ron the Red TODAY!

And what happens with the exposure? Ron’s not going to go so what are you hoping to achieve? This is what I can’t understand and no one seems to be able to answer!

Want to protest fine but unless it goes with finding someone willing to pay Ron £50m it’s just allowing you vent without any other outcome. Ron is here till FF is delivered or the new owner covers what Ron will make from the FF deal.
And, trust me on this, in the unlikely event you can find someone willing to pay 50million pounds to buy the club there is absolutely no guarantee he will not be worse than Ron!

Last edited:
HIstory suggests we'll just walk into the same again. (Anton Johnson, Vic Jobson, Ron Martin). There's a pattern there.
Personally I didn't think Vic was all that bad, just not a people person.
Would be interesting to hear from others that have supported under more than one chairman, how they would rank previous chairmen in order?

Anton must be the worst.
Torn between Vic and Ron.

And what happens with the exposure? Ron’s not going to go so what are you hoping to achieve? This is what I can’t understand and no one seems to be able to answer!
Exposure, bad publicity and a further sullying of his reputation in football and business circles (if you can sully it any more). It puts pressure on and, if Fossett's Farm REALLY has to happen, then hopefully the pressure and bad publicity will cause him to sell up once he gets the green light.

I don't know what is so difficult for you to understand. This is what protests aim to do, in all walks of life. Just because you're apathetic and content to sit by watching this club become a laughing stock and fall to its lowest ever ebb, doesn't mean everybody else has to feel the same way. You believe there's no alternative because that's the story RM weaves. Its propaganda. He wants you to fall for it because it gives him an easy ride, just as he had gotten for the past 13 years - he wouldn't have gotten away with it for this long at other clubs.

I personally don't know or even understand why people are protesting and what it's going to achieve, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know Ron isn't going anywhere until the stadium is built. He's invested too much money just to let it go now when it's so close.

It's outside influences and pipe dreams that's stoking the fire and inturn distracting some people from reality.

Protest and goad Ron, he walks away and what do we have left? Don't give me phoenix club nonsense because it won't be like Wimbledon. It will have less fans as many can't be bothered with NL so much lover down the pyramid is going not going to interest most.

Those at the forefront on social media banging about protests on as if they are William Wallace really need to either offer a realistic alternative or raise one hell of a lot of money. We either have Ron or we have nothing. Sad I know but that is how it is!

What’s lame is offering nothing but apathy.
So hypothetically Ron calls your bluff. Says sod this and walks away with a loss and no return from FF.

What happens next. Us in the other camp don’t have apathy. We see no other viable future which DOES NOT MEAN we endorse what Ron is doing.

I'll have a shot at answering you.

Will it get Ron to sell (unlikely)
Will it help the club and council to finally get fossetts pushed through? (maybe)
Will it gain publicity at how badly the club is run, both locally and nation wide via social media. (absolutely)
Does it show Ron that the way he has run the club and treated fans is completely out of order. (definately)
Will it change the way runs the club and treats the fans (maybe)
Could protests effect the team negatively (possibly) but my opinion is that performances were poor with or without protest. We even won a game during protest.

I hope that the above answers some of you question. It's only my take on it, maybe someone from sos would be better placed.

Exposure, bad publicity and a further sullying of his reputation in football and business circles (if you can sully it any more). It puts pressure on and, if Fossett's Farm REALLY has to happen, then hopefully the pressure and bad publicity will cause him to sell up once he gets the green light.

I don't know what is so difficult for you to understand. This is what protests aim to do, in all walks of life. Just because you're apathetic and content to sit by watching this club become a laughing stock and fall to its lowest ever ebb, doesn't mean everybody else has to feel the same way. You believe there's no alternative because that's the story RM weaves. Its propaganda. He wants you to fall for it because it gives him an easy ride, just as he had gotten for the past 13 years - he wouldn't have gotten away with it for this long at other clubs.

Firstly how does your first paragraph help the club? It doesn’t it just means players we may want won’t join because the toxic atmosphere and sponsors etc won’t want to be associated with us just to begin with. He has weathered numerous storms from fans and it is very clear that he isn’t going to sell until the new stadium has been delivered.

Secondly you comment that I’m happy to watch the club become a laughing stock which is not true. What is true is you lot wanting to protest have no plan and no ideas as to what other solutions there are it’s just all this Ron out bollocks! Let me make something very very clear. If Ron goes now we are ****ed! If he goes after the new stadium is built then great let him have his moment and then let us have our club back. THAT WILL NOT CHANGE BEFORE THE STADIUM IS DONE. How about you reach out to him and see how we can help push things forward instead?

Let me also make something very clear. IF YOU THINK RON MARTIN IS THAT BAD WHY DONT YOU HAVE A LOOK AT THE BURY OWNERS, CHARLTON, BOLTON, ORIENT AND SO ON! Ron may not be the greatest owner but he has kept us going all this time and yes he has made a lot of mistakes too.

So hypothetically Ron calls your bluff. Says sod this and walks away with a loss and no return from FF.

What happens next. Us in the other camp don’t have apathy. We see no other viable future which DOES NOT MEAN we endorse what Ron is doing.
Easy we get one of those USA banks that has branches in Hong Kong and get one of the directors to fund us forwards. :Smile: ?

Protest and goad Ron, he walks away and what do we have left? Don't give me phoenix club nonsense because it won't be like Wimbledon. It will have less fans as many can't be bothered with NL so much lover down the pyramid is going not going to interest most.

Those at the forefront on social media banging about protests on as if they are William Wallace really need to either offer a realistic alternative or raise one hell of a lot of money. We either have Ron or we have nothing. Sad I know but that is how it is!

We get another owner. Simple.

The biggest lie that Ron sows into the minds of fans is that he is the only solution.

He isn't.

He has taken us into non league, increased debt and failed to deliver a new stadium in 20 years.

He is a woeful chairman in every department, yet some see us and not going bust as some bench mark for success. Which to me seems crazy.

I'll have a shot at answering you.

Will it get Ron to sell (unlikely)
Will it help the club and council to finally get fossetts pushed through? (maybe)
Will it gain publicity at how badly the club is run, both locally and nation wide via social media. (absolutely)
Does it show Ron that the way he has run the club and treated fans is completely out of order. (definately)
Will it change the way runs the club and treats the fans (maybe)
Could protests effect the team negatively (possibly) but my opinion is that performances were poor with or without protest. We even won a game during protest.

I hope that the above answers some of you question. It's only my take on it, maybe someone from sos would be better placed.
Appreciate that. I see your points but I don’t think everyone who is wanting to protest are doing it for the same reasons. Think some people don’t fully understand things and just wanna cause a bit of agg like last time!

We get another owner. Simple.

The biggest lie that Ron sows into the minds of fans is that he is the only solution.

He isn't.

He has taken us into non league, increased debt and failed to deliver a new stadium in 20 years.

He is a woeful chairman in every department, yet some see us and not going bust as some bench mark for success. Which to me seems crazy.
Who? Get them forward, ger tgem to make an offer Ron can't refuse. Do that and I will tip my cap and say well done everyone.

HIstory suggests we'll just walk into the same again. (Anton Johnson, Vic Jobson, Ron Martin). There's a pattern there.
Personally I didn't think Vic was all that bad, just not a people person.
Would be interesting to hear from others that have supported under more than one chairman, how they would rank previous chairmen in order?

Anton must be the worst.
Torn between Vic and Ron.

There were plenty of protests when Vic was about and Mark Rubin, who handed the reins to Anton Johnson. None covered themselves in glory.

Bill was probably the most well liked, but I don't know enough about his tenure to personally be sure. Others will.

Vic demolished the South Bank and planned to move us to Basildon, so he'd probably be top.

Back