• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Armageddon possible?

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Don't shoot the messenger please; and I expect several have also considered more of the options; but many won't have so....

Consider that we have an anti football (IMO) SBC; against FF being an new stadium/and more: and don't give two hoots about SUFC.
Also that housing is a lucrative and easy approved money maker.

What happens if Ron decides he has had enough, or he gets ill, or SBC further delay and put more big hurdles and hoops in.

Add in if the tax doesn't get paid, the players don't get paid, staff don't get paid. Points get deducted, players walk, insolvency is brought against SUFC.

Result =Housing on The Hall and FF? a very happy SBC, a much richer Ron?

No club, no stadium, just Bury FC BUT here.

Possible? Yes

Probable? at this moment not yet, but this scenario may be "the beast coming over the hill".

I don't think it would go this far after all this time only for them to say no or put some other block on it. Its more likely to hit a problem at government level where it has to go after its approved by these bunch of charlatans.

from what our CEO HAS SAID .And stan thowing his know how behind the club not sure it will happen that way .

On Monday, October 25th, at the Council Chamber, Southend’s development control committee will review the application, which includes 1,450 homes and a new stadium. No banners or demonstrations allowed, with extra security planned.

I cannot see it been turned down now as the council need the houses. Don't forget they are not just dealing with RM but his big backers in London who no doubt have huge clout in these type of decisions.

Anyway Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck save the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: fbm
I cannot see it been turned down now as the council need the houses. Don't forget they are not just dealing with RM but his big backers in London who no doubt have huge clout in these type of decisions.
That is the issue, how many houses could be built on the FF site? a thousand more with no stadium? If Ron decides it is "his ball" and walks away then there is, following the metaphor, no game AND tens of millions of £ to be, easier, made.

Anyway Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck save the day.

Of course it's brown envelope time.....

I know this has been asked a million times (but I still don't know the actual answer), but what happens to the covenant on the land at RH if SUFC no longer exists ?

My view is that the worst thing that could happen for the survival of SUFC would be for RM to fall seriously unwell, or worse. I’m sure whoever the beneficiaries are of his estate have absolutely no interest in running SUFC.

I remember saying to Ron in the early days of the Trust that some supporters were worried that he'd "shaft them". Actual words. He looked pained and said he would not do this and he was genuine. This was 20 years ago.
We MUST make sure that he keeps his promise and the Council have the implementation dates and building of the stadium so that the stadium (which let's face it offers him no profit and a lot of money) will actually be built. We should channel all our efforts to this end.

Don't shoot the messenger please; and I expect several have also considered more of the options; but many won't have so....

Consider that we have an anti football (IMO) SBC; against FF being an new stadium/and more: and don't give two hoots about SUFC.
Also that housing is a lucrative and easy approved money maker.

What happens if Ron decides he has had enough, or he gets ill, or SBC further delay and put more big hurdles and hoops in.

Add in if the tax doesn't get paid, the players don't get paid, staff don't get paid. Points get deducted, players walk, insolvency is brought against SUFC.

Result =Housing on The Hall and FF? a very happy SBC, a much richer Ron?

No club, no stadium, just Bury FC BUT here.

Possible? Yes

Probable? at this moment not yet, but this scenario may be "the beast coming over the hill".

Why are the council anti football anti SUFC?

Why are the council anti football anti SUFC?
Historically football is a blue collar sport, our council is the golf, tennis, bowls, bridge (aged) leaden.
Those that do support SUFC, and there are a few, have been "outed" and cannot vote as they are held as biased.
Those with no interest will, maybe correctly, see SUFC as dead men walkin, with terrible reputations on field, in the boardroom, on the terraces and add in the killing of supporter of rival club.

Councillors have been jailed for taking planning brides, have they stopped taking brown envelopes of freebie holidays etc?

The average terrace fan is perceived to be politically naive and a non voter or asker of their Councillor, so in their eyes does not matter BUT an extra 1000 houses could be a vote winner and keep their gravy train running.

I am sorry if that is a long, confused and cynical answer, and I am also sure it isn't 100% correct but does give some pointers.

Historically football is a blue collar sport, our council is the golf, tennis, bowls, bridge (aged) leaden.
Those that do support SUFC, and there are a few, have been "outed" and cannot vote as they are held as biased.
Those with no interest will, maybe correctly, see SUFC as dead men walkin, with terrible reputations on field, in the boardroom, on the terraces and add in the killing of supporter of rival club.

Councillors have been jailed for taking planning brides, have they stopped taking brown envelopes of freebie holidays etc?

The average terrace fan is perceived to be politically naive and a non voter or asker of their Councillor, so in their eyes does not matter BUT an extra 1000 houses could be a vote winner and keep their gravy train running.

I am sorry if that is a long, confused and cynical answer, and I am also sure it isn't 100% correct but does give some pointers.

Okay and that gives some pointers in terms of your view yes. But I will then be interested to know your thoughts on how they have added extra hoops and hurdles in already or have further delayed the project?

I think the over whelming support at the council meeting in November is a pointer to the Council's position as has comments from the leader and the deputy as to the importance of a professional club to the town. Let's not forget the council at that meeting as trustees of the RA Jones Trust agreed to minor changes to Victory Sports ground and Jones Memorial Ground to assist the plan for redevelopment. Some councillors were extremely supportive of the club. The debate I think will centre on transport but hopefully that will have been addressed and resolved within the report.
BTW my grandfather was a local councillor in the 1940 and 50s. Chairman of the Libraries and Museum committee for a while. My grandmother was a hard core supporter. She was born in W*** H** Aaaaaaaargh

Back