• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United's talks ongoing with Sheffield United duo

Are the rules for embargoes generic though, or tailored to a situation? I understand that despite being in administration, deducted 21 points and owing HMRC £26m, Derby are allowed to sign loans and free agents when the transfer window opens.

It is not impossible (but unlikely) that Ron will cut a time to pay deal with HMRC before the end of January. This may open the way to extending the two Sheffield lads loans. The Sheffield fans board is of the opinion that neither could be loaned out to another league club on return to Brammall Lane.

It is not impossible (but unlikely) that Ron will cut a time to pay deal with HMRC before the end of January. This may open the way to extending the two Sheffield lads loans. The Sheffield fans board is of the opinion that neither could be loaned out to another league club on return to Brammall Lane.
We need this situation resolved before the end of December not January. We play Aldershot, Weymouth, Kings Lynn and Dover next month.

We need this situation resolved before the end of December not January. We play Aldershot, Weymouth, Kings Lynn and Dover next month.
I may have misread the Contracts thread but I thought we had them in January 22. If I'm wrong then apologies.

They ain't coming back..... league 1/2 clubs will be where they will probably end up.

Reactions: JAL
This is a question, not a statement. Is Lopata (I believe that's right) actually that good. I confess to staying away a bit recently since the Daggers game but I was there last night and I watched the Grimsby game and I haven't seen much of him to suggest he's that good. Genuinely interested to hear other peoples thoughts because, like I say, I haven't seen him that much so not really fair to judge.
He was our best player last night. Won everything and talks continuously around him. Embarrassing a 19 year old has to lead the line. If he goes we are screwed at the back.

Maher won't walk.
He's applied for this job a few times. He is under no illusions about Ron Martin.

There's a few of us who remember Kevin Maher as a player 24 years ago. He joined us in January 1998, couldn't keep us up. The following season he struggled. The season after that he struggled. His goose looked to be cooked, but he never gave up and he wouldn't be forced out even when managers gave up on him.

Six years later he captained us to the League One championship.

Kevin Maher is no quitter and he will have been under no illusions as to what he was taking on.

I believe both players played for Sheff Utd earlier on in the season in cup games - does the 2 clubs a season rule not apply as we are in the National League, rather than the EFL?

I believe both players played for Sheff Utd earlier on in the season in cup games - does the 2 clubs a season rule not apply as we are in the National League, rather than the EFL?
That's a FIFA rule so I would presume it applies in this case.

I'm joking by the way - pretty certain 2+2 =5 in this case. Doubt Stan is that cryptic in his messaging

I'm joking by the way - pretty certain 2+2 =5 in this case. Doubt Stan is that cryptic in his messaging

It's not cryptic, it translates to this:

Watching "Hurricane". My mom's neighbor was named Alf, a Polish fighter pilot who was blinded over the English Channel in World War II. We thank the Poles for their service! ??

Back