• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d hope we’re looking at Altrincham wingers Dan Mooney and Ryan Colclough. Both some of the most productive in the NL. Both good age, Mooney especially. I believe they’re both out of contract this summer.
Ryan Colclough is an old Phil Brown target, I believe.

Sorry, I can't understand the need for wingers. The way the management team want to play, we get the width from the wing backs. Colclough when he played at Roots Hall, spent much of the game totally isolated on the wing and very little threat. Various managers here have signed wingers and tried to convert them to wing backs, with little success. Prefer if we continued as we have been. During our run, you couldn't for one minute say the formation didn't work provided the first choice players were fit. Probably the best football seen at Roots Hall for a good few years, so why change ?

We don’t play with wingers though.

Sorry, I can't understand the need for wingers. The way the management team want to play, we get the width from the wing backs. Colclough when he played at Roots Hall, spent much of the game totally isolated on the wing and very little threat. Various managers here have signed wingers and tried to convert them to wing backs, with little success. Prefer if we continued as we have been. During our run, you couldn't for one minute say the formation didn't work provided the first choice players were fit. Probably the best football seen at Roots Hall for a good few years, so why change ?

All well and good, but we haven't had an awful lot of quality final ball from the wing backs this season, have we? I'd like to see us persist with the current system but I fear that the standard and type of wing back that is needed in Kev's system is difficult to find at this level. If the quality of ball into the box next season isn't coming from the wing backs, then it makes sense to have a Plan B and switch to a straight 4 in midfield, or a 4-2-3-1, no? Lack of Plan B or flexibility has been a gripe on here with previous managers, let's not go down that rabbit hole again.

The lack of goals worries me in our current formation although an attacking midfield would certainly help.

We lack a player that drops the shoulder and has the ability to pick out a pass and score goals. Husin is maybe the answer but he seems a little way off being that player at this time.

The lack of goals worries me in our current formation although an attacking midfield would certainly help.

We lack a player that drops the shoulder and has the ability to pick out a pass and score goals. Husin is maybe the answer but he seems a little way off being that player at this time.
I don’t see Husin as a goal scoring midfielder. How’s he done in the past, in that respect? Maybe it’s an area he can work on. He’s certainly very talented.

I don’t see Husin as a goal scoring midfielder. How’s he done in the past, in that respect? Maybe it’s an area he can work on. He’s certainly very talented.
That may be true, but he still managed two goals in the goal of the season competition, so maybe next season he could be our secret goal scoring/penalty taking machine.

We should sign Adam Marriott from barnet! After watching barnet with my nan lol he seems to be there best player and scored the majority of there goals! I'm sure barnet would accept a minimal fee.

We should sign Adam Marriott from barnet! After watching barnet with my nan lol he seems to be there best player and scored the majority of there goals! I'm sure barnet would accept a minimal fee.
After that recommendation @Shrimpet steve I reckon we should get a collection going on ShrimperZone ready for Maher to steam in there.

Might be on the ambitious side but Conor Thomas ex-Cheltenham would be worth a look - I expect there will be plenty League 2 clubs interested as well though. Possible Atko replacement who can also play wing-back in a pinch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back