• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Ralph

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Some good news in the Echo today, Nathan Ralph has resumed full training on grass this week. Maher has not yet decided whether he will be ready for Torquay this Sunday. I'll settle for him being out there and building himself up again. Next step is agreeing a new contract. He's an absolute must to be re-signed in my view.

Fingers crossed he re-signs. My most favourite player, and certainly EFL standard in my view. Brings a lot to the team.

Fingers crossed he re-signs. My most favourite player, and certainly EFL standard in my view. Brings a lot to the team.

I've heard there is a contract already signed for an EFL club next season

• Sad
Reactions: LOS
Wouldn’t be overly surprising if he told fans he has never met at an event he is forced to go too not the complete truth about his own career

Yeah you are right, its not like he could have just said nothing is it?

So hopefully the Club will publish an update about contractual negotiations with him before some on here self combust. There again it might be too late by then as rumour will have become fact............

Averaging 17 games a season over 3 seasons....I'd let him go.
I'd take 50 steady 6/10 performances over infrequent but quality performances, so I'd be inclined to agree.

He does come with a real risk of long term injury.

I've heard there is a contract already signed for an EFL club next season

I don’t believe that to be the case.

This time last year, he wanted out. PB did an incredible job to get him to sign a new deal, most didn’t think he would and that PB was wasting a lot of time in speaking to Ralph, but he got him to stay.

He is a lot happier this time around. He is a lot more settled and enjoying his football again. I think he’d be a fool to turn down a move to a “decent” EFL Club, but as far as I am aware, no deal is in place.

I’m sure we will be updating people next week, once the season is finished, on our retained/released list. Pay special attention to those being released in this division. There is some ruling that means you can’t announce a deal of something in this division whose contract has expired until his current club add him to the released/unable to agree new terms list.

Rhys Murphy signed paperwork, undertook his medical, had his signing on pictures/interviews done weeks before we were able to announce them. Jack Bridge was all sealed over a week before we were able to announce that deal too.

As detailed on the contracts thread we have a club option for next season.

I don’t see why we wouldn’t exercise that option.

I’d also be surprised if he wanted to commit to a longer deal at the moment.

I don’t believe that to be the case.

This time last year, he wanted out. PB did an incredible job to get him to sign a new deal, most didn’t think he would and that PB was wasting a lot of time in speaking to Ralph, but he got him to stay.

He is a lot happier this time around. He is a lot more settled and enjoying his football again. I think he’d be a fool to turn down a move to a “decent” EFL Club, but as far as I am aware, no deal is in place.

I’m sure we will be updating people next week, once the season is finished, on our retained/released list. Pay special attention to those being released in this division. There is some ruling that means you can’t announce a deal of something in this division whose contract has expired until his current club add him to the released/unable to agree new terms list.

Rhys Murphy signed paperwork, undertook his medical, had his signing on pictures/interviews done weeks before we were able to announce them. Jack Bridge was all sealed over a week before we were able to announce that deal too.
Just out of interest, it was mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we might have as many as 5 lined up already to sign. Are you able to confirm if that is the case?

Out of interest I checked out @Chapperz excellent match stats for Season 21/22, and Ralph managed 31 games, 4 MoM ratings and 2 goals before he got his latest injury. That will do for me.
Soccerbase has it down as 28 games played, and none out of four in the two Cup competitions.
It was better than previous seasons, but going back to 2015, he has been injured every season and played less than a third of all games after signing for us.
He's a decent player at this level and formerly in the SPL, but one has to wonder out loud whether those knocks have taken their toll?
Tricky one for the management team, perhaps?

Soccerbase has it down as 28 games played, and none out of four in the two Cup competitions.
It was better than previous seasons, but going back to 2015, he has been injured every season and played less than a third of all games after signing for us.
He's a decent player at this level and formerly in the SPL, but one has to wonder out loud whether those knocks have taken their toll?
Well he definitely played in the FA Trophy away at Daggers. We lost 0-2 and he got MoM. Truthfully, we could argue stats forever more, but you either want him to stay or you don't. Me, I'm firmly in the 'Stay' camp so there is no argument to the contrary that will influence my view unless he does sign for another club.

An easy one for management. Those injuries in previous seasons have taken nothing away from him and you’d be essentially losing one of your best players over a quad strain that he’s already over.

ps You might want to have a look at the line-up soccerbase says we fielded v Chertsey and in the Trophy before quoting their cup stats.

Back