• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

At this moment in time for me there’s two major red flags 🚩 regarding us building a new stadium despite all the hype.

1. Ron’s current predicament. Who in their right mind would pile money into something whose leader is up on a multi million pound fraud allegation.

2. We are still in the NL and until we crawl out from under that stone and prove ourselves worthy in League 2 showing some potential commercial value to investors, I just can’t see it happening.

Maybe I will be shot down in flames on this one which is fare enough but at this moment in time even 24/25 looks ambitious.

At this moment in time for me there’s two major red flags 🚩 regarding us building a new stadium despite all the hype.

1. Ron’s current predicament. Who in their right mind would pile money into something whose leader is up on a multi million pound fraud allegation.

2. We are still in the NL and until we crawl out from under that stone and prove ourselves worthy in League 2 showing some potential commercial value to investors, I just can’t see it happening.

Maybe I will be shot down in flames on this one which is fare enough but at this moment in time even 24/25 looks ambitious.
👀

one the court case is against Ron martin and his partner in crime .And 2 it has nothing to do with Southend united even if he is the so called chairman of the club .3Any loan is for the club to build the new stadium not to Ron

Anyone know what a Scoping Opinion is ? Is it important when building a new stadium and who is in fact is giving their opinion ? It would appear that a request for one is being sent in next week so that might perhaps mean some progress is being made .

Why does Chairman Ron keep making these statments .Instead of all this talk either build the bloody thing or just stop giving fans one faulse dawn after another .
Would love a statement regarding actually building work happening. Since Ron has owned sufc...... Wimbledon have died and reformed, in the efl and built new stadium. All Ron has done over last 20 plus years is talk good game, which has achieved nothing. Less talk and start building the bloudy thing.

It seems to me that the money stream is driven by profits to be had through building the affordable housing at FF and RH. The fact that we get a stadium as well is a bonus but it might as well be an old peoples home as the profit comes from the rest of the project.

Anyone know what a Scoping Opinion is ? Is it important when building a new stadium and who is in fact is giving their opinion ? It would appear that a request for one is being sent in next week so that might perhaps mean some progress is being made .
It's basically letting the local planning authority know what is about to be submitted and asking for their opinion as to what should be included as part of the Environmental Impact Assessment that needs to go in alongside the application.

It seems to me that the money stream is driven by profits to be had through building the affordable housing at FF and RH. The fact that we get a stadium as well is a bonus but it might as well be an old peoples home as the profit comes from the rest of the project.

An old people's home next to the new stadium will probably suit me fine by the time it is built.

one the court case is against Ron martin and his partner in crime .And 2 it has nothing to do with Southend united even if he is the so called chairman of the club .3Any loan is for the club to build the new stadium not to Ron

Very true but it’s all about the recovery of assets to pay back the tax debts which and I very much hope doesn’t impact on the club.

But why do that for the three sides funded by Homes England (BL are long gone)? To what benefit? If anything were to be scaled back it would be the 4th side but (happily) I can’t see that happening for reasons covered previously.
For the sake of having a complete [4 sided] development albeit with a lower capacity so we don't end up as a club with a 3 sided ground forever. Nothing wrong with it I guess. It suits Oxford well enough.

The loan won’t be to the club. It’ll be to a separate company, and Ron won’t be a director of that company.

fans moan when there is no update and then when there is a positive informative update they moan more. The club can never win and a lot of fans on here need to forget the link between Ron and the club. we all get it you dont like him, none of us trust him but he has kept us going all this time and has taken a massive step back as fans requested. He also is funding us with the same budget again this season.

I think the kop idea is a great idea and there will be a great atmosphere in that area, i also think the idea to reduce a bit is a sensible one too. Hopefully not too long until we get diggers on the ground.

fans moan when there is no update and then when there is a positive informative update they moan more. The club can never win and a lot of fans on here need to forget the link between Ron and the club. we all get it you dont like him, none of us trust him but he has kept us going all this time and has taken a massive step back as fans requested. He also is funding us with the same budget again this season.

I think the kop idea is a great idea and there will be a great atmosphere in that area, i also think the idea to reduce a bit is a sensible one too. Hopefully not too long until we get diggers on the ground.
Actually the club (Ron) can win. Build the damn thing in our lifetime instead of constantly telling us it's all good and it will be happening soon.

For the sake of having a complete [4 sided] development albeit with a lower capacity so we don't end up as a club with a 3 sided ground forever. Nothing wrong with it I guess. It suits Oxford well enough.

Definitely no. I'd hate us to get saddled with a 3 sided stadium long term.

Does anyone else remember the graffiti in the town centre:

THE ONLY ONE MOVING TO BASILDON IS JOBSON

It was scrawled over some hoardings that went round what is now betting shop on the corner opposite WH Smiths at the top end of town. Must be about 30 years ago that went up, about 1991 I reckon when he announced plans to relocate the club to Basildon.

A Kop with save standing is the best news in 50 years worth of stadium ideas. Now we just need to move it to the Queensway site.

Still as you say thats a bad day for our resident moaners. They want to stay at RH but whinge about the time taken over FF.

Back