• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

OK, how do I feel about being in the West Stand when the roof collapses and I'm showered in asbestos, or better still in the East Stand when the wood finally catches fire? Tricky old choices there.
The West stand roof is a mess as it is. Any heavy rain and the seats near me (thankfully not mine) are met with a constant drip/stream of water. Those seats should come with a free umbrella.

OK, how do I feel about being in the West Stand when the roof collapses and I'm showered in asbestos, or better still in the East Stand when the wood finally catches fire? Tricky old choices there.
Yeah, wouldn't it be awful if the West Stand had to close and we had a 3 sided stadium. Oh...hold on...that sounds familier !

I think some of this is driven by the fact the funding from Homes England was an enabling investment and only for that element strictly required for the move from RH. The 4th side contained such a commercial element it went beyond what was required as an enabling project. To have a much small 4 sides stadium built devoid of much of the ability to create commercial revenues would be a classic case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory…
I'm not sure what rules come with the funding [I thought it was from British Land?] but case we're at a misunderstanding. I wasn't suggesting that the commercial aspects take a back seat at all. The commercial part of the development is absolutely essential. But what isn't is thousands of seats which aren't likely to be filled for some time. So maybe don't put it the second tier or build around the corners yet, but the facilities can be there if designed with that in mind.

It makes sense to build a lower capacity stadium but build it in such a way that it can be easily enlarged if needed. Our stadium has a capacity of approx 10K but can easily be increased to 18K if ever needed (Unlikely!) The foundations on 3 sides will take a further section on them to create twin tiers and the sides can be filled in to increase seating and make the stadium more enclosed. We have lots of entertainment areas and small rooms for conferences etc, in the last full season before covid around 160K people used the stadium for non football events, I wish it was for football events😂
At least you have a stadium with decent facilities, a team that plays in the EFL, and seemingly no recent embargoes. I am beginning to envy you!

I'm not sure what rules come with the funding [I thought it was from British Land?] but case we're at a misunderstanding. I wasn't suggesting that the commercial aspects take a back seat at all. The commercial part of the development is absolutely essential. But what isn't is thousands of seats which aren't likely to be filled for some time. So maybe don't put it the second tier or build around the corners yet, but the facilities can be there if designed with that in mind.
But why do that for the three sides funded by Homes England (BL are long gone)? To what benefit? If anything were to be scaled back it would be the 4th side but (happily) I can’t see that happening for reasons covered previously.

But why do that for the three sides funded by Homes England (BL are long gone)? To what benefit? If anything were to be scaled back it would be the 4th side but (happily) I can’t see that happening for reasons covered previously.
I don;t think the 4th side will happen under Ron's tenure. He'll have done enough to cover off the covenant on RH and provide us with a stadium. The next project will be to build on RH and pay back all those creditors and make his money.

Back