• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

When, as Chairman, you tell your CEO that the budget is the same as last season, and the CEO asks "if we operate to that budget, can you continue putting money into the club so it can meet its financial obligations on time?" and you say "yes, of course", the CEO can only take you at face value but then the next time you prove that you in fact can't do that, these issues arise.
An interesting conversation between the two of them . If I was the CEO I wouldn't take that statement by the chairman at face value . I would first check that the statement was evidence based . The balance sheet of Martin Dawn plc is heavily overdrawn , So , no cash from there then . I would set a balanced budget for the club and tell Ron to continue to stay well away from the club because I am the guy in charge now , Ron would be delighted to hear the good news and say '' Well done, Ghost . I knew I could rely on you to save me a few bob. Its been a fantastic week . That new stadium crap works every time ''

Known fact, only 10 days & next lot is due, bet players & Stan get theirs tho

Stan?? I know it's a few months ago, but he's on record at that point as not receiving any cash for his work so far.

About the only thing I am reasonably sure about is that some members of staff at the Club are waiting for wages. I have absolutely no idea whether there are plans in place to conjure up funds to cover the shortfall, nor do I know whether Ron has reneged on his funding promises.

So what next? Maybe the coming week will reveal more. Signing(s)? that would be good, Wages paid? That would be even better. But for now I'm not pointing fingers at anyone as I don't know why or what has caused this stoppage in progress. I just hope it's a temporary thing as I'm sure Tom Lawrence does.

Maybe too early for this question, but I'll throw it out there anyway. @Shrimperstrust - Are you aware of what may be occurring here and are you involved in any way to help move things forward? I will understand if it wouldn't be appropriate to comment.

Stan?? I know it's a few months ago, but he's on record at that point as not receiving any cash for his work so far.
Yes but is that because he’s a true philanthropist or is it a Ronism? That is to say at a certain point he will expect a fair reward for his (considerable - no argument from me) efforts to date.

Yes but is that because he’s a true philanthropist or is it a Ronism? That is to say at a certain point he will expect a fair reward for his (considerable - no argument from me) efforts to date.
I don't think we know the reason why. I don't know if Stan is owed money by the club, has somekind of deferred payment deal or is working for free.

But this is not about Stan -I was just responding to a post claiming Stan had probably been paid, which judging on info that has previously been made public, I'd be surprised

It would definitely be great to conjure some clarification from ShrimpersTrust or anyone closer to the club, and maybe even a reason to why and when these staff (some seem to have been paid and some not) will be paid.

We can pretty much expect the reason to be cashflow issues, no doubt, but I think some clarification to staff members and some transparency is seriously needed. It is these staff member's lives that are being affected and during the current climate and cost of living crisis, it is integral this is sorted out as soon as possible.

It would definitely be great to conjure some clarification from ShrimpersTrust or anyone closer to the club, and maybe even a reason to why and when these staff (some seem to have been paid and some not) will be paid.

We can pretty much expect the reason to be cashflow issues, no doubt, but I think some clarification to staff members and some transparency is seriously needed. It is these staff member's lives that are being affected and during the current climate and cost of living crisis, it is integral this is sorted out as soon as possible.
Not signing players improves the cash flow and allows these staff members to be paid . Perhaps that is the action that should be taken as soon as possible to sort things out , Would you be in favour of that action ?

Not signing players improves the cash flow and allows these staff members to be paid . Perhaps that is the action that should be taken as soon as possible to sort things out , Would you be in favour of that action ?
Yes, absolutely in favour. These poor people need to be paid for the work they have done. Whatever sacrifices need to be made to make that happen are fine with me.

Of course I agree, either way it doesn't help anyone because if we don't pay people, it affects their lives hugely, if we don't sign players, we can't be a football club. Needs to be sorted.

What's new though. Same ****, different year.
Exactly 😴

But that's also why I don't know why people are surprised by it, happens every single year and carries on, personally thought it would get ironed out with Tom Lawrence as CEO but evidently not. I think it's more of a case of answers to why it keeps happening, cashflow troubles should not be an easy excuse, it's a cop out excuse, of course it contributes to the issue but we just need answers and a solution.

The answer to why it keeps happening is because the club is insolvent. It continues to exist only because Ron, via his network of companies covers shortfalls as much as possible.
There isn't anyone, not even Tom or Stan who can wave a wand and make an insolvent company, solvent again. If that were ever to happen, it could only be achieved by some very unpalatable measures ,and over a period of many years.

Unless we can find a fairy godfather from somewhere.

Yes, absolutely in favour. These poor people need to be paid for the work they have done. Whatever sacrifices need to be made to make that happen are fine with me.

Of course I agree, either way it doesn't help anyone because if we don't pay people, it affects their lives hugely, if we don't sign players, we can't be a football club. Needs to be sorted.
What's new though. Same ****, different year.
I am impressed because it is clearly the decent and right thing to do . A lot of small business owners would be horrified at this situation . Mind you it might already be happening that way because I think someone posted that some players medicals had been cancelled.

The answer to why it keeps happening is because the club is insolvent. It continues to exist only because Ron, via his network of companies covers shortfalls as much as possible.
There isn't anyone, not even Tom or Stan who can wave a wand and make an insolvent company, solvent again. If that were ever to happen, it could only be achieved by some very unpalatable measures ,and over a period of many years.

Unless we can find a fairy godfather from somewhere.
The question should be asked. Why are we insolvent when so many smaller clubs than us seem to get by.

The question should be asked. Why are we insolvent when so many smaller clubs than us seem to get by.
Do they? Most professional football clubs are not solvent, the problem starts at the top with rich owners and massive loans.

Only the scale of the debt or investment reduces slightly as you go down the leagues

Back