• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of rubbish when they get 1’5k or less at home, they have to pay their staffs much as they pay their players.
They're minted. For a club with 5,000 gates we are extremely poor. At this level, no football club makes money, it's all about what your owner has in his/her bank balance. Solihull's has very deep pockets. Ours has a pocketful of IoUs and a crumpled Wispa wrapper.

Just reckon we are waiting for all salaries to be paid, up to date, before we announce the new signings.
Wouldn't seem right introducing new employees without this.
Would be bad for 'team spirit' throughout the club, otherwise.
Well they want an successful club, where new players that make an big difference in tickets sales & cup run mean they get paid on time 🤷🏻‍♂️

They're minted. For a club with 5,000 gates we are extremely poor. At this level, no football club makes money, it's all about what your owner has in his/her bank balance. Solihull's has very deep pockets. Ours has a pocketful of IoUs and a crumpled Wispa wrapper.
and several Summonses and Court Letters.

I thought there was a wage cap? It should mean there is more of a level playing field with regard salaries.

We all know there are ways round it, but it shouldn't now make a difference how wealthy a chairman/woman is?

I thought there was a wage cap? It should mean there is more of a level playing field with regard salaries.

We all know there are ways round it, but it shouldn't now make a difference how wealthy a chairman/woman is?
I'm not sure what the situation is with the proposed salary cap. There certainly isn't one in place at the moment, but I know the NL are talking about imposing one. Sbarra will be on big money, he wasn't short of Football League admirers.

Anyone remember that first game of the season when a new player called Paynter suddenly appeared? He went on to have quite a career - that surprised me quite a bit.
Remember it well, he took a shot from about 35 yards out wide by the West Family exclosure. I thought he’s just nervous, he must be a youth team player I hadn’t heard of. Then saw we’d paid Hull a rumoured 200- 300k for him. Never looked capable or fully fit for Blues but as you say went on to have a very respectable career in the football league without ever being too prolific

Last edited:

There are ways round a salary cap for big money clubs to get a player to sign instead of signing for poorer money club.

The silence is definitely defeating, I'm not an embargo raver but time is definitely going quickly with no word of anything.

Who, or what, is a "cup run"?
We keep getting knocked out in earlier round since 2015, I don’t remember us making good cup runs. For example, we got knocked out by MK Dons at home, then they play Liverpool, which deny us an potential 500k.

You're kind of contradicting yourself, aren't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back