• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Vs Germany Ladies Euro 2022 Final

I normally feel sorry for a losing side, but this lot of Germans deserved everything they got out of this...which was absolutely nothing. The looks on their faces was great to see.
2 World Wars, 1 World Cup and now the Euros đŸ€©

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
A bit of Status Quo got the Steve Arnold song stuck in my head now!

Great way to end the England football drought and onto the league season in no more than 6 days :Happy:

I was an absolute wreck in extra time but we have done it
The real winner here has to football and have to say what a great tournament this has been and a fantastic advert for the game
Perhaps now women will follow ladies football and leave real football to men. :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Winking::Winking::Winking::Winking::Winking::Winking2: obviously joking. Well done lionesses.

Probably the second best match I've watched after the play off final.

Great team effort, the girls never give up. Weigman is a fantastic manager, tactically astute.
This tournament was a great advert for football in general, not just womens football.
Now needs to be given more focus. WLS needs to be more accessible, advertised and promoted on a par with the mens game

I was an absolute wreck in extra time but we have done it
The real winner here has to football and have to say what a great tournament this has been and a fantastic advert for the game
Could not agree more, superb entertainment throughout.

2 World Wars, 1 World Cup and now the Euros đŸ€©
I'm not really one for that kind of chat. It has no place in football (or anywhere really) but we're away with friends at the moment and it did remind me of what my friend said during the flypast before the match. He said, "I suppose it wouldn't have been very tactful to use Spitfires!".

I was at Wembley yesterday and I can honestly say I have never experienced an atmosphere like it.

What a match and a wonderful achievement đŸ€— a day to be very proud to be English and of a fantastic team who have been a credit to football and sport in general.

đŸŽó §ó ąó „ó źó §ó żđŸŽó §ó ąó „ó źó §ó żđŸŽó §ó ąó „ó źó §ó ż

A tight game.Missed the first half but who cares? Can't say watching it on French TV was much of an experience.As even my wife pointed out there were no female commentators just 2 blokes).She's got used to women doing the job from the Beeb's coverage.To add insult to injury and to preserve the integrity of TF! (and the sacred 8pm news)had to watch the last 30 mins of ET on Channel 10.Not only that but coverage of the game stopped at the final whisle.So no chance to see the medals being handed out,celebrations etc.:Angry: (Still gives an insight to how importantly the game was seen in France I suppose.:Whistling:

A tight game.Missed the first half but who cares? Can't say watching it on French TV was much of an experience.As even my wife pointed out there were no female commentators just 2 blokes).She's got used to women doing the job from the Beeb's coverage.To add insult to injury and to preserve the integrity of TF! (and the sacred 8pm news)had to watch the last 30 mins of ET on Channel 10.Not only that but coverage of the game stopped at the final whisle.So no chance to see the medals being handed out,celebrations etc.:Angry: (Still gives an insight to how importantly the game was seen in France I suppose.:Whistling:
In 2003 I was working on a French military base in the Balkans and the rugby world cup final over ran the schedule so the last five minutes was missed entirely! The frogs have an " anyone but England" ton of potato chips on their shoulders for sure.

Been looking through (German)tv here..trying to find this afternoons in Frankfurt "victory celebrations"...sorry i mean "defeat celebrations"....but cannot find a thing!!See the paper here BILD,is saying England cheated again at Wembley,just like 56 years ago..its by far the biggest selling newspaper in Germany.
But some Germans admit that in BILD newspaper only two things are true..the price of the paper and the date...oh i do love it here when you see the locals crying into their"sauerkraut"

Loved the time-wasting in the corner and the sh*thousery from the England players at the end. For a women's game it was pretty feisty. Germany are right to feel aggrieved about the penalty but they played dirty all game and could've had a few more cards. Overall I think England shaded it and deserved to win.

Back