• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Vs Germany Ladies Euro 2022 Final

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
So with just a couple of days until this crunch match in front of a full house at Wembley what are your thoughts and who is going to win?

The B I G winner has already happened, Women's football!

And SUFC could? ought? to seek a benefit from it, encourage more of the fairer sex into The Hall.

We have a family section and could that not be a family and female section?

Not everyone appreciates beer breathe, sweaty farty "funny" potty mouthed "fans".

England win 3-1 after going a goal down through a dubious decision from a french/spanish official.

Anyone on here fortunate enough to have got a ticket for the final?

England to win 2-0.
I would like to say how impressed I was with our keeper.

Tricky game to call. England have been taking a bit of time each game before they have found their mojo, although when they have moved through the gears it has been great to watch. The Germans will be organised and persistent and so I think we will need to be up for it from the start.

I would still start Ellen White from the kick-off with Russo being held back until the right moment. What is the right moment? haven't got a clue, that is for Sarina Wiegman to make the judgement, and she's done pretty damn good at it so far. I fancy us to just shade it with huge amounts of squeaky bum moments towards the end.

Seems according to the local media here in Germany,England might as well give them the cup now.
And to be honest they have a great record (although records are made to be broken)..
Eight times in the Euro final..eight wins..plus some WC wins..
England twice in the final and lost both....then you throw our German "jinx"into it,you start to feel somewhat down,....ok it was the mens game,but i still remember that German player back heading the ball over the "cats" head in the 1970 world cup..pure luck it went in,like that freekick 1990 which hit Parker and somehow went over Shilts ...i could go on,but its only getting me peed off thinking about it..time for beers....and i hope and pray that come monday i will be the "smarmy" looking one and not as usual everyone else here.
Its big also here in Germany;the final, 47.2% of people here watching TV S/F night watched the German game,also the German Kanzler (Scholz) is coming over to support them.
Cumon ENGLAND,just one more win sunday

Seems according to the local media here in Germany,England might as well give them the cup now.
And to be honest they have a great record (although records are made to be broken)..
Eight times in the Euro final..eight wins..plus some WC wins..
England twice in the final and lost both....then you throw our German "jinx"into it,you start to feel somewhat down,....ok it was the mens game,but i still remember that German player back heading the ball over the "cats" head in the 1970 world cup..pure luck it went in,like that freekick 1990 which hit Parker and somehow went over Shilts ...i could go on,but its only getting me peed off thinking about it..time for beers....and i hope and pray that come monday i will be the "smarmy" looking one and not as usual everyone else here.
Its big also here in Germany;the final, 47.2% of people here watching TV S/F night watched the German game,also the German Kanzler (Scholz) is coming over to support them.
Cumon ENGLAND,just one more win sunday
You've been in Germany too long @ozzie. Don't believe everything the German press offers up, it will be a very tight game but the German side don't look all that much in terms of excitement, well schooled and organised maybe but the English girls are smelling blood here and I reckon they will take the title this time.

Pray you are right RHB, i do....but we all know what the Germans can do....and by hook or crook...or luck...they will,if things are not going the way they want,do ANYTHING to get a result...does anybody know who the ref is? What country?

Germany looked very solid at the back against France (even the goal was a bit of bad luck with it rebounding off the keeper's back into the net after hitting the post), we've not really had to deal with a strong defence so far aside from maybe Austria, but they offered nothing going forwards whilst Germany certainly do.

England need to be on it from minute one.Germany look very strong against France we cant be slow starters

The Germans have already planned the usual "winners parade" monday afternoon in Frankfurt...win or lose...or win(again).
Hope to see many upset people there on tv

The Germans are a very physical side especially Overdorf and they may try to kick our girls off the park. They close players down very fast and double up whenever they can.

I am just hoping our players skill which I put above the German girls tells and we can get a win. We did beat them 3-1 not long ago but they have since got their act together.

Whoever wins and please let it be us the girls have been magnificent throughout.

And the ref is Ukrainian,not bad...they seem to be happy with us..but not so Germany. Maybe fat Boris could have a "chat"...cumon England.Again,nobody here,nobody,not one soul thinks England will win....but on first September 2001..they said the same and we scrapped home 5-1.also another game i went to 1993,Olympiastadion Bayern v Norwich..no chance.Someonehere told me 6-0 Bayern...but both games i thought we could do it and we did..but ive got a bad feeling tomorrow...but i normally have when England play Germany

Very hard to call. England have rode their luck more than Germany. England find a way. Germany have the best striker in the World at this moment, but England have more players that can score. England's goal keeper has the edge. Germany are better at high pressing and getting the ball back and forcing errors. They hunt in pack's. If I was betting, I would go for a draw in 90 minutes. But I'm not, so just cheering England on of course.

Back