• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Gilbert & Rose West Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wars in Europe, global pandemics, cost of living crisis…. I am literally open mouthed at what really annoys people these days.
No-one has said that they're annoyed by it. Just that it's not a good look.

The things you listed don't mean you can't be annoyed, if you want, in something completely minor

A lot of talk about the west Stand naming and how it has been written.
Gilbert & Rose West Stand.

Why not just use brackets or a dash. I.e.
Gilbert & Rose - West Stand,
Or
Gilbert & Rose (West Stand)

Or push the boat right out
Gilbert & Rose - (West Stand)

That way there is no need to change names of the stands around.
Or not to call the stands by their compass point
Or get a new sponsor in.

It simples really.

Come on, there is some very intelligent persons at the club, it’s not rocket science to have used any of the above.

So I conclude that it is just a publicity stunt.

Up the - (Blues)

A lot of talk about the west Stand naming and how it has been written.
Gilbert & Rose West Stand.

Why not just use brackets or a dash. I.e.
Gilbert & Rose - West Stand,
Or
Gilbert & Rose (West Stand)

Or push the boat right out
Gilbert & Rose - (West Stand)

That way there is no need to change names of the stands around.
Or not to call the stands by their compass point
Or get a new sponsor in.

It simples really.

Come on, there is some very intelligent persons at the club, it’s not rocket science to have used any of the above.

So I conclude that it is just a publicity stunt.

Up the - (Blues)
Gilbert & Rose Stand (West)?

Giving them even more publicity I believe Perry Rose is on the left and Spencer Gilbert is on the right.
No, other way round.

I was already less than happy about this, they've been a massive great big, fat, yellow thorn in the sides of the established estate agents locally, where everyone knows them and refers to them as G&R.

It's what they have on their boards, so just change the name to the G&R West stand.

Incidentally, they also do sponsorship at West Ham......

Last edited:
Now on GMTV. 🙄 Southend United's own goal.
Yep and today this has led to not-so-keen footy fan friends of mine getting in on the action in 'whats going on at Southend?' 'just seen your club on the tele' (titter titter), I can imagine that the Boreham Wood fans are rubbing their hands ahead of Saturday, songs to the tune of Go West will already be in their locker. (sigh)

My next door neighbour has just knocked to tell me about the West Stand naming issue he's just seen on GMTV. He's an Aston Villa fan, sometimes, so I thanked him for telling me the news and left him to tell any other neighbour that would listen.:Facepalm::Facepalm::Headbang:

Apparently Ron was on talk sport this morning (didn't hear myself) but what someone said, he said it should of been picked up by senior management and apparently it will be named the west stand by Gilbert and Rose.

My next door neighbour has just knocked to tell me about the West Stand naming issue he's just seen on GMTV. He's an Aston Villa fan, sometimes, so I thanked him for telling me the news and left him to tell any other neighbour that would listen.:Facepalm::Facepalm::Headbang:
I think you should have told him, in no uncertain terms, that you know.
You should have closed the door on him, and put him on moderated talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back