• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about based on the chances they created for 45 minutes? And the fact their keeper pulled 3 brilliant saves?

Or do you just sit at home and read the match day tweets?

Hi There,

Season ticket holder South Upper.

I recall 2 clear chances. The Wreh header and the Powell freekick. Miley's shot, though good was more of a half chance for me and it was a save for the camera.

Hope this helps.

yet Powell was one of the only ones to have even a shot on target?? He actually played with intent of trying to score where as the rest didn't

Powell is Marmite.

For my eyes though, he's super frustrating to watch. He has 2 moves. The Stepover and the cut inside. Cant fault is effort, but he doesn't look up. End product reminds me of early JCR.

My brother who I sit with loves him though. It's a game of opinions of course, but I'd be amazed (and delighted) if he's involved in 10 goals this season.

Powell is Marmite.

For my eyes though, he's super frustrating to watch. He has 2 moves. The Stepover and the cut inside. Cant fault is effort, but he doesn't look up. End product reminds me of early JCR.

My brother who I sit with loves him though. It's a game of opinions of course, but I'd be amazed (and delighted) if he's involved in 10 goals this season.
No footballer is perfect, especially at NL level. He's about as good as we can hope for. I happen to like him, but really hope he can learn to look up a bit more. I also think that the point of a management team is to improve the players they have available to them, so let's give him time.

No footballer is perfect, especially at NL level. He's about as good as we can hope for. I happen to like him, but really hope he can learn to look up a bit more. I also think that the point of a management team is to improve the players they have available to them, so let's give him time.
When have we ever gave players time?

Hi There,

I recall 2 clear chances. The Wreh header and the Powell freekick. Miley's shot, though good was more of a half chance for me and it was a save for the camera.

Hope this helps.
That's your opinion, and I accept that.

But from a football perspective, Wreh and Powell created more than 2 clear chances but unfortunately didn't deliver this time around.

Powell's drive in to the box that was saved

Wrehs cut back in side the box that he probably came close to taking your head off with.

The header from Wreh that was saved

Powells mentioned freekick

Powells cut in from the edge and again probably came close to hitting you

And of course, Mileys volley which was a bloody good bit of goal keeping

These are all big chances but they have all proven in preseason that they know where the net is. So if they keep creating these chances, they WILL score

Hi There,

Hope this helps.
There was a decent shot from Powell after cutting inside into his right foot just after the hour mark that Ashmore parried out as well. I wouldn’t label it a clear-cut chance, but the rebound was something Dennis would’ve gleefully tapped home during his purple patch last season and on Saturday went unconverted.

Powell is Marmite.

Completely agree. A very selfish player who needs to pass more

So still nothing new to report. Those ITK anything positive likely to happen this week. Im going Saturday and Tuesday, both very difficult away games and if we only have Wreh to call upon then those already tough games will be even tougher and could be two very long journeys home

I think we are over-estimating Halifax from last season. It should be a fair game I think, if we set up right, we should get at least a point.

Powell is Marmite.

Powell's ability is clear, but he needs to realise there's sometimes a better option available than himself!

Powell is Marmite.

He was involved in not far off 10 in pre-season scoring 5 (in 5 games).
Very quick, direct and makes things happen. If he had a reliable end product he would be in at least L1. But he works hard enough that this will improve (but not if he is sat on the bench getting splitters in his bum..)

He should have started on Sat. In hindsight Ken might agree (but credit he made the change at HT).

Our insider info on potential targets (even unnamed) seems to have dried up completely long ago. Have the club tightened up internal chatter or are we just not getting anywhere with targets?

Things are progressing along. With Hyde’s injury, and a few others carrying knocks, attempts have been stepped up. The three amigos, John Still, Stan & Tom Lawrence are working round the clock.

I know of one deal we have knocked on the head because they wanted their player to be “guaranteed” playing time, and we won’t agree to that. The same has happened under all the managers since Tilson that I know of.

He was involved in not far off 10 in pre-season scoring 5 (in 5 games).
Very quick, direct and makes things happen. If he had a reliable end product he would be in at least L1. But he works hard enough that this will improve (but not if he is sat on the bench getting splitters in his bum..)

He should have started on Sat. In hindsight Ken might agree (but credit he made the change at HT).
Who he? John Shuttleworth's manager?

Things are progressing along. With Hyde’s injury, and a few others carrying knocks, attempts have been stepped up. The three amigos, John Still, Stan & Tom Lawrence are working round the clock.

I know of one deal we have knocked on the head because they wanted their player to be “guaranteed” playing time, and we won’t agree to that. The same has happened under all the managers since Tilson that I know of.
That must be a loanee then

Our insider info on potential targets (even unnamed) seems to have dried up completely long ago. Have the club tightened up internal chatter or are we just not getting anywhere with targets?
Think last embargo scared them all off. Think we are like Billy No Mates in this league.

I think it’s understandable that clubs want their loanees to get a guarantee of good game time - the whole point of a loan, from the bigger clubs perspective, is that it will enable their player to gain valuable experience, which won’t be had if they’re sitting on the bench most games.

I’m surprised we’re not agreeing to “guaranteed” playing time, who else have we got? :Hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back