• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Refwatch ........... Wealdstone (A)

Mick

Life President
The only two previous league matches between Southend and Wealdstone provided poor fare indeed. Just one goal and twelve yellow cards, five of which were ours! Given their unexpectedly high league position there should hopefully be a little more football on show this time.

After a questionable performance from Saturday’s man in the middle, I think there’s a very good chance this week’s referee will be better ….. yes, I know the bar is rather low.

Currently (and subject to change), the referee is Scott Tallis from Coventry.

He works in sales at a logistics and supply chain organisation and, now in his third season, he has refereed 45 matches at this level and shown a decidedly average 129 yellow and 7 red cards.

This season’s 3 games have produced 7 yellows and 1 red.

It will be his fourth Southend match, the previous three all being at Roots Hall. Firstly, he was in charge of our comprehensive beating by Chesterfield back in October. I don’t think too much blame was attributed to him and the match was cardless. More recently he presided over the draw with Maidenhead. One all in goals and one all in yellow cards – ours went to Kacper. Again, not too much wrong with the officiating. Then towards the end of the season he took charge of our win against Boreham Wood. Five yellow cards – Dunne, Cardwell and three of theirs. Yet again, I thought he did fine.

So three games – one win, one draw and one defeat. He has also refereed Wealdstone three times with them getting one win, one draw and one defeat.

Assistants are Jacob Lehane a forensic accountant from Leicester and Harley McKittrick, also from Coventry. Shaun Farrer from Reigate stands by as Fourth Official.

Last edited:
The general standard of refereeing has been dreadful of late.
Hopefully, there will be an improvement today

Back