• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Update - Elounda

Napster

No ⭐
Just doing some research - Elounda, who did have 2 charges from Topland Jupiter and Allied Commercial- have satisfied those charges.

But they now have two charges with CBRE Loans - taken in July 2022.

Elounda owns 4 different groups, including Roots Hall Ltd

Their latest accounts were made up to 2021, which cost £11k.

It's https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/OC423607/filing-history

Talking about RH Ltd, they have satisfied all their charges, but a new one was taken out by CBRE Loans also back in July.

So, CBRE Loans are the new players in town.

According to their 2021 accounts (WMT, same as Elounda) - there was a £9m loan which caused the charge on Roots Hall.

My bet is that they consolidated the many charges on Elounda and Roots Hall Ltd into one big one (Roots Hall) and two alternative ones (Elounda) with CBRE Loans.

Now, Citizen Housing 1 - is listed as a dormant company
Citizen Housing Southend (Jack and Alex Dellal) - filed accounts for 2021 - £7m sitting on the balance sheet

Lenrose Housing and Lenrose Investments are quite small fry

Just doing some research - Elounda, who did have 2 charges from Topland Jupiter and Allied Commercial- have satisfied those charges.

It's https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/OC423607/filing-history

Talking about RH Ltd, they have satisfied all their charges, but a new one was taken out by CBRE Loans also back in July.

According to their 2021 accounts (WMT, same as Elounda) - there was a £9m loan which caused the charge on Roots Hall.

My bet is that they consolidated the many charges on Elounda and Roots Hall Ltd into one big one (Roots Hall) and two alternative ones (Elounda) with CBRE Loans.

Citizen Housing Southend (Jack and Alex Dellal) - filed accounts for 2021 - £7m sitting on the balance sheet

Indeed, we mentioned this briefly in the fanzine in August. CBRE are quite large fry I suspect, but I bow to those with greater knowledge.

Does this provide a clue to the bridging finance do we think?

Indeed, we mentioned this briefly in the fanzine in August. CBRE are quite large fry I suspect, but I bow to those with greater knowledge.

Does this provide a clue to the bridging finance do we think?

Perhaps - CBRE are very large in commercial real estate - but I can't imagine they'd be happy to stump up more.

CBRE have a finance side of their business.

This is likely to be simple debt finance that replaced Topland and Allied commercial. CBRE are likely to be slightly cheaper and Topland and Allied who are more along the bridging finance side of things. (Have you used all 3 so well aware of them).

Can't read too much into it, other than the amount is very similar to the amount that was owed back to Sainsbury's in 2009.

In terms of balance sheet etc, wouldn't read too much into it. The valuations can vary and all depends what the charge is over. And you can only charge up to a certain percentage of value or future value anyway.

Maybe the company has been charged in order to fund the training ground development which in turn allows development on boots and laces which should in theory release more funds.

Training ground completion is of paramount importance to most likely release further funds relating to the development.

Looks like there aren't any other pieces of land owned by Mr Martin et al that can be charged to release immediate funds.

CBRE have a finance side of their business.

This is likely to be simple debt finance that replaced Topland and Allied commercial. CBRE are likely to be slightly cheaper and Topland and Allied who are more along the bridging finance side of things. (Have you used all 3 so well aware of them).

Can't read too much into it, other than the amount is very similar to the amount that was owed back to Sainsbury's in 2009.

In terms of balance sheet etc, wouldn't read too much into it. The valuations can vary and all depends what the charge is over. And you can only charge up to a certain percentage of value or future value anyway.

Maybe the company has been charged in order to fund the training ground development which in turn allows development on boots and laces which should in theory release more funds.

Training ground completion is of paramount importance to most likely release further funds relating to the development.

Looks like there aren't any other pieces of land owned by Mr Martin et al that can be charged to release immediate funds.
Yep, which I alluded to earlier in the week. He's not a particularly successful or prolific property developer, so he has no real cashflow of his own and was always going to run out of land and developments that he could put charges on or mortgage to the hilt. He'd better hope he pulls this off in the next few months, because he (and by extension, SUFC) is teetering closer than ever to the brink.

The silence from Ron is deafening . I just wonder and hope he is scrambling around trying to raise cash so he can announce he has come up with the goods and tell us there was no need for all this speculation.

The silence from Ron is deafening . I just wonder and hope he is scrambling around trying to raise cash so he can announce he has come up with the goods and tell us there was no need for all this speculation.
He really does have tin ears, doesn't he?
I suspect he holds fans in disdain, and doesn't feel they merit his time.
I met him a couple of times and he was charming, so I wonder why he's never upfront with news?
Perhaps he thinks: 'if I said I was trying to get a bridging loan', they would moan anyway.
But someone with half-decent PR savvy could easily put out truthful and informative statements without the flak.

CRBE as has been said consolidated a number of various different charges, and they are a big player- maybe they are involved in financing the wider project maybe not. The problem here is none of us in reality has any real idea of the finances behind FF & RH developments and how during the build phases it generates working capital for the club.

Because I'm up to my eyes with my own stuff at the moment I haven't the time or inclination to dig deep on this. For example, I made the assumption that Ron owned Fossets, and that it was worth X pre-planning and now its worth many times X post planning. And surely that creates collateral of some sort...

But on closer inspection it appears neither he or his companies now own the land at Fossetts?

Has he sold the land to these parties with payments due as the value of the land increases with planning and spades in the ground. The owners of the land then sell to the developers (not sure about all the housing built on the land apparently owned by SBC). So its a bridging loan (as its against contractual payments due) rather than a loan against land as collateral.

In which case is the delay actually the amended planning as much as the training pitches as its beginning the next stadium/housing phase that frees up a significant payment?

All as much a question as an answer as I'm speculating- can anyone clear it up?

BTW I am assuming the land ownership map is showing as it is now rather than as it will be (i.e. Ron companies don't now own the land and will sell to each party as we move through the phases of development?)

I think Tribeca is or has been a Ron co?
Not according to companies house?
A Ciaran Little is the sole director

Unless there is another Tribeca Land

Is this the same CBRE?!

CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.8 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices).

CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #122 in 2021. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 20 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for nine years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2021, for the third consecutive year.

Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”

I think Tribeca is or has been a Ron co?
Both Ron's Triberca companies Tribeca Southend Hotel Propco Limited and Tribeca Southend opco Limited were dissolved back in 2020

Good luck unraveling this lot.

Ron Martin's Empire Updated.png

All Ron Martin’s companies (Current/Dissolved/Resigned)

TRIBECA SOUTHEND HOTEL PROPCO LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 6th October 2020

TRIBECA SOUTHEND HOTEL OPCO LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 6th October 2020

MARTIN DAWN (CHELTENHAM) LIMITED Accounts Overdue, Compulsory strike-off action has been discontinued 14th Apr 2022

MARTIN DAWN (LECKHAMPTON) LIMITED Accounts Overdue - Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off 1st Nov 2022

HARTLANDS (THUNDERSLEY) LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 28th June 2022

SOCCER STADIUM PLC Company status: Active - Dormant Company

MD AIRWAYS LLP Company status: Active - Dormant Company

MARTIN DAWN (THUNDERSLEY) LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 28th June 2022

SPEED 9236 LIMITED Company status: Active - Dormant Company

HILLPAD LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 17th May 2022

SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE) Accounts Overdue - Winding up order 9th Nov 2022 by HRMC adjourned for 56 days

SOUTH EASTERN LEISURE UK LIMITED Accounts Overdue, Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off - Compulsory strike-off action has been suspended 15th Nov 2022

MARTIN DAWN (PLYMOUTH) LIMITED Confirmation statement overdue Company status: Active Active proposal to strike off, Voluntary strike-off action has been suspended 12th Apr 2022

ALLIED COAL LIMITED Company status: Active - Dormant Company

MARTIN DAWN (E.A.) LIMITED Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off, Voluntary strike-off action has been suspended, 12th Apr 2022

MARTIN DAWN PLC Accounts Overdue, Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off 8th Nov 2022

R. MARTIN DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED Company Status: Active - Dormant Company

ROOTS HALL LIMITED Company Status: Active - Ron Martin resigned as Director 14th Mar 2022

https://find-and-update.company-inf...y-information.service.gov.uk/company/12172474

ELOUNDA LLP LIMITED Company Status: Active - Ron Martin resigned as Director 25th Feb 2022

SPEED 9236 LIMITED Company Status: Active - Dormant Company - Ron Martin resigned as Director 1st July 2015

FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED(THE) Company status: Active - Ron Martin resigned as Director 6th July 2005

CRESCENT MANAGEMENT (BILLERICAY) LIMITED Company status: Active
– Ron Martin resigned as Director 1st July 1998

All Ron’s companies (Current/Dissolved/Resigned)

TRIBECA SOUTHEND HOTEL PROPCO LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 6th October 2020

TRIBECA SOUTHEND HOTEL OPCO LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 6th October 2020

MARTIN DAWN (CHELTENHAM) LIMITED Accounts Overdue, Compulsory strike-off action has been discontinued 14th Apr 2022

MARTIN DAWN (LECKHAMPTON) LIMITED Accounts Overdue - Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off 1st Nov 2022

HARTLANDS (THUNDERSLEY) LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 28th June 2022

SOCCER STADIUM PLC Company status: Active - Dormant Company

MD AIRWAYS LLP Company status: Active - Dormant Company

MARTIN DAWN (THUNDERSLEY) LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 28th June 2022

SPEED 9236 LIMITED Company status: Active - Dormant Company

HILLPAD LIMITED Company status: Dissolved - Dissolved on 17th May 2022

SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE) Accounts Overdue - Winding up order by HRMC adjourned for 56 days

SOUTH EASTERN LEISURE UK LIMITED Accounts Overdue, Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off - Compulsory strike-off action has been suspended 15th Nov 2022

MARTIN DAWN (PLYMOUTH) LIMITED Confirmation statement overdue Company status: Active Active proposal to strike off, Voluntary strike-off action has been suspended 12th Apr 2022

ALLIED COAL LIMITED Company status: Active - Dormant Company

MARTIN DAWN (E.A.) LIMITED Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off, Voluntary strike-off action has been suspended, 12th Apr 2022

MARTIN DAWN PLC Accounts Overdue, Company status: Active - Active proposal to strike off

R. MARTIN DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED Company Statu: Active - Dormant Company

ROOTS HALL LIMITED Company Status: Active - Ron Martin resigned as Director 14th Mar 2022

https://find-and-update.company-inf...y-information.service.gov.uk/company/12172474

ELOUNDA LLP LIMITED Company Status: Active - Ron Martin resigned as Director 25th Feb 2022

SPEED 9236 LIMITED Company Status: Active - Dormant Company - Ron Martin resigned as Director 1st July 2015

FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED(THE) Company status: Active - Ron Martin resigned as Director 6th July 2005

CRESCENT MANAGEMENT (BILLERICAY) LIMITED Company status: Active
– Ron Martin resigned as Director 1st July 1998

This tells you everything you need to know about Ron !!

Someone explain in English?

Interesting that the Registration of Charge dated 22nd July 2022 includes a debenture taken out by Roots Hall Limited (Signed by Jack Martin) with CBRE Loan Services Limited which includes the following freehold property/land:-

Roots Hall Limited.png

If you consolidate your loans into one does that mean you only get one leg broken if you default?

Back