• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Why we doing this? It's making us look like a charity club! Ron will pay all outstanding Bill's when he can! This is so over the top,anyone would think the players hadn't been paid yet! But they have.Im not worried about any of this stuff as ron is as predictable as man city winning the premier league! 3 points saturday away at gateshead is all that matters.
“Why we doing this”
It’s difficult to answer your question without sounding totally patronising so I won’t bother except to say “ read the thread “

Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but what if part of the cause of the delay / lack of funding / invisible act by Ron is because there might actually be an interested buyer in talks? As pipe dreams go I’m liking this one! @The Eternal Optimist what do you think?
I have been wondering this. Surely if it can’t get bridging and the club goes under it doesn’t make as much so surely it will have to let someone in. We would not get to hear about until very late on in negotiations

Grass grows at above 6 degrees, anything below that and its pretty much dormant. Plus as you said the pitch is sometimes dug up and re-seeded in the summer. Clue being that in the summer there is more warmth, sunlight for the seeds to germinate and the grass to grow. There is also less rain, so it can be managed better with the use of sprinklers. If it rains for 5 days straight the grass is not going to be growing anytime soon.

Grass needs 4 things to germinate, Air, Heat, Light and water. In the summer its possible to control most, in the winter your going to need a fair few umbrellas and heat lamps to give it even a little chance. Its not impossible, but its certainly not the easiest time to sow a lawn from seed.

Cutting your own lawn must give you a little clue. In the summer you can cut it probably 3 times a week it grows that much, in the winter, one final cut before the winter sets in and that will do you until late winter early spring.
"And welcome to Gardeners Question Time..."

What is this, Radio 4? Lol

Hey, not a dig at all, but I can't believe we've had Q and A's about why grass doesn't grow in the winter... Still, it's a welcome - and slightly lighthearted - distraction from the financial stuff.

Later in the thread maybe we'll have some Friday Night Comedy followed by The Archers...

Hey, not a dig at all, but I can't believe we've had Q and A's about why grass doesn't grow in the winter... Still, it's a welcome - and slightly lighthearted - distraction from the financial stuff.

Later in the thread maybe we'll have some Friday Night Comedy followed by The Archers...
You realise half the audience is reading “ radio 4, gardeners world, the archers and have no idea what you talking about?

Actually “ gardeners question time” - you could be on to something there

So the upshot of it all is that the 116 year-old football club we all love and support is fighting to stay alive long enough for some grass to grow. Now that would be comedy if it weren't so depressing. Can we get a live cam on the grass? We should speak to the Daily Star, this could be the natural sequel to Liz Truss v the lettuce - the publicity alone might just keep us afloat.

So the upshot of it all is that the 116 year-old football club we all love and support is fighting to stay alive long enough for some grass to grow. Now that would be comedy if it weren't so depressing. Can we get a live cam on the grass? We should speak to the Daily Star, this could be the natural sequel to Liz Truss v the lettuce - the publicity alone might just keep us afloat.

Close

Once the Training ground is complete then the funds should be on there way? The delay is so the players have somewhere to train and possible the timing of doing ground work in the winter?.......If it became desperate they would have to suffer, at worse, Eastwood Bury lane....Not ideal if we are still on an unbeaten run.

Either way anyone who owns land with PP for 800 houses with funding/partnership in place to start the build in 6 months.......Should be able to get a bridging loan....Unless of course there is a deliberate contrived world depression that would see banks fail in order to have digital currency. All run by some comedy James Bond baddie with a German accent...Only joking guys, thats the stuff of the tin foil hat brigade.

You may not like it and some would rather see the end of SUFC than Ron have a nice little earner.....For the rest of us its very close and completely pointless at this stage to get someone else in charge.

1) Ron would still get big pay day
2) So would the next person
3) We would still have to move
4) The risk of any delay could be the end of SUFC
5) If that happened Ron still has an earner.
6) No matter how loud you scream shout and insult "Ron Lovers" on here..... it will still happen"
7) The protests did achieve more changes than you think.
8) However they are 5 years to late if you wanted Ron out
9) I apologise for telling you the truth, please forgive me I mean no harm
10) Unicorns and Tooth fairies do not exist.

Wrexham did £150.000 in 24 hours to save the club, life savings, mortgage deeds,and cancelled wedding money, to kids emptying their piggy banks, so when the life blood of a community is at at risk anything is possible.
We could really do with high profile friends if we needed to do another emergency fundraiser.

The Ruben sons maybe, but their dad, Bill, was, by and large, an ok guy. And yeah, I do remember him so that makes me old fashioned too, I still wear flairs at parties.
If you were a bit more modern you'd be letting off flares at parties, or even football matches.

:ROFL:

Pun intended?

My original point was actually to do with finance as the funds aren't going to be released until the players start using the new training pitch. My question was why would it take that long for the grass to grow, and therefore how long would it take for the funds to be released.

However, on the same subject, it seems once again RM hasn't asked the right questions. As I pointed out, wasn't it the club that told us that the pitches would be ready by October? Now we're being told spring. It seems someone, i.e. RM hasn't, hasn't asked the right questions. It's the difference between asking the contractors when they'll be finished and asking them when the players can start making use of the training pitch. The difference in the answers seems to be around 5 months, which may be why we're in the mess we're in.

I imagine a scenario where TL warns RM that we're running out of funds and that RM ought to do something about it. RMs answer is that the training pitches will be ready in October and money will be made available once the team start training on them. The problem being that Ron has asked the wrong question and the pitches (and therefore the funds) won't be available until spring. By the time they work out the difference (and therefore their mistake) it's too late to get funding in place and we end up under an embargo.

Why we doing this? It's making us look like a charity club! Ron will pay all outstanding Bill's when he can! This is so over the top,anyone would think the players hadn't been paid yet! But they have.Im not worried about any of this stuff as ron is as predictable as man city winning the premier league! 3 points saturday away at gateshead is all that matters.

Keep it going Shrimpet. You may not want to go anywhere near your own pocket but you’re so off the point on this, you’ve probably driven a couple of grand in donations from others. Keep up the good fight my friend.

Do let us know how we’ll finish the season if we don’t have any staff left to keep the actual club alive. Absolute legends, every one of them who is still hanging with us while the club threatens their mortgages and ability to feed their families.

If you were a bit more modern you'd be letting off flares at parties, or even football matches.
I've done the modern bit these days. Now I follow a large chunk of the West stand X block regs as we walk up Shakespeare Drive after the games, and they let off a Blue flare and we all sing along. That's as close as I get to flares now.

Been hearing the same thing for years! It's not going under and the players have been paid! Ron will pay the tax bill he always does! Your panicking for no reason!
But he didn't. He had to get it adjourned, because he hasn't got the money yet.

My take is we will not be sustainable until we have 4 sides. The announcement was very cleverly worded to say this, without saying it in my opinion
Tom was clear on this at the AGM - he said while it is three-sided we will make a loss but the parent companies will be in a far better position due to the funding released by the phasing arrangement.

:ROFL:

Pun intended?

My original point was actually to do with finance as the funds aren't going to be released until the players start using the new training pitch. My question was why would it take that long for the grass to grow, and therefore how long would it take for the funds to be released.

However, on the same subject, it seems once again RM hasn't asked the right questions. As I pointed out, wasn't it the club that told us that the pitches would be ready by October? Now we're being told spring. It seems someone, i.e. RM hasn't, hasn't asked the right questions. It's the difference between asking the contractors when they'll be finished and asking them when the players can start making use of the training pitch. The difference in the answers seems to be around 5 months, which may be why we're in the mess we're in.

I imagine a scenario where TL warns RM that we're running out of funds and that RM ought to do something about it. RMs answer is that the training pitches will be ready in October and money will be made available once the team start training on them. The problem being that Ron has asked the wrong question and the pitches (and therefore the funds) won't be available until spring. By the time they work out the difference (and therefore their mistake) it's too late to get funding in place and we end up under an embargo.
Well spotted!

However, I cannot lie... it was unintended but clearly I have a future as a comedy writer somewhere...

Incidentally, regarding your final point, Tom won't have warned Ron anything of the sort, you're way off the beam. We have not had any funds ever. I would imagine it would have been Ron who warned Tom we hadn't got funds at the outset.

Well spotted!

However, I cannot lie... it was unintended but clearly I have a future as a comedy writer somewhere...

Incidentally, regarding your final point, Tom won't have warned Ron anything of the sort, you're way off the beam. We have not had any funds ever. I would imagine it would have been Ron who warned Tom we hadn't got funds at the outset.
Possibly, but either way it seems someone screwed up.

Back