• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Sounds like you might be muddling the bridging loan and the release of funds upon the beginning of construction on the stadium phase, mate. Bridging loan is, as I understand it, separate to the training ground and stadium construction. It's simply a loan RM is seeking to keep the club running until the release of funds in spring when Fossett's construction is allegedly due to begin.

Ah thanks for clearing that up J.

So, what’s stopping the bridging loan? I thought that was also linked to the progression of the new site?

Ron would have had to show the court he had funds in the pipeline, otherwise I don’t think either the court or HRMC would have accepted an adjournment, would they?

hopefully - I wish - RM will be forced into some sort of compromise in order to get his bridging loan ..

This may be me being a little thick but if the funding isn't released until work begins at B&L rather than waiting for the grass to grow on our pitches do we not find somewhere else to train for a few months?

Work could then begin at B&L and the club won't need a bridging loan

I may have missed it somewhere along the line, but what is happening with boots & laces, what work is to be done there?

Ah thanks for clearing that up J.

So, what’s stopping the bridging loan? I thought that was also linked to the progression of the new site?

Ron would have had to show the court he had funds in the pipeline, otherwise I don’t think either the court or HRMC would have accepted an adjournment, would they?
I could be wrong but I don't think it's linked to progression. The schedule has been pushed back. They were expecting construction to begin on the stadium and therefore funds to be released in October but its been pushed back several times since then, and he hasn't got the funds to keep the club running properly until then. It was still dicey if the stadium build had begun on time in October. The bridging loan he's now seeking is a last minute panic to get some funds in to run the club and pay the utilities bills until those funds get released when the stadium build begins. So literally bridging.

This may be me being a little thick but if the funding isn't released until work begins at B&L rather than waiting for the grass to grow on our pitches do we not find somewhere else to train for a few months?

Work could then begin at B&L and the club won't need a bridging loan
Soooooo I had heard that the club was trying to find alternative training locations over the summer but I believe weren't having much luck. Read into that what you will!

According to TL last night, BT Sport pay the home club £6000 and the away club gets £2000. So not going to make anyone rich...
Yeah I'm almost not sure it's really worth it at that stage. I was also told BT where at RH since the Sunday having to set everything up because they have to bring all their own infrastructure as RH isn't fit for purpose.

Soooooo I had heard that the club was trying to find alternative training locations over the summer but I believe weren't having much luck. Read into that what you will!
I guess it involves wanting to be paid for it, if training elsewhere eases the release of funds surely its got to be pursued now.

I'm led to believe that the top 2 divisions are stopping for the next month or so, surely that means there will be some unused training capacity within commuting distance from Southend.

Grass grows at above 6 degrees, anything below that and its pretty much dormant. Plus as you said the pitch is sometimes dug up and re-seeded in the summer. Clue being that in the summer there is more warmth, sunlight for the seeds to germinate and the grass to grow. There is also less rain, so it can be managed better with the use of sprinklers. If it rains for 5 days straight the grass is not going to be growing anytime soon.

Grass needs 4 things to germinate, Air, Heat, Light and water. In the summer its possible to control most, in the winter your going to need a fair few umbrellas and heat lamps to give it even a little chance. Its not impossible, but its certainly not the easiest time to sow a lawn from seed.

Cutting your own lawn must give you a little clue. In the summer you can cut it probably 3 times a week it grows that much, in the winter, one final cut before the winter sets in and that will do you until late winter early spring.
Maybe, but does that really explain an extra 4-5 months? Temperatures haven't dropped below grass growing temperatures yet, as I can see by my lawn and the rate that is growing.

To be clear I'm not having a go at the club, I'm just interested.

However, who was it who said the pitches would be completed in October? It wasn't the club was it?

Last edited:
It would appear that way, which sadly, reinforces my belief that the poster in question is neither a club sponsor, nor a fan and is only interested in denigrating the FF development for his own reasons, whether they are personal or political (or both)

I’d also add delusions of grandeur to the mix, too.
Could I respectfully ask Ricey ,Smiffy and Yorkshire Blue to please reply to this post so that I get all the insults aimed at me from the gang of moderators out of the way in one go . Sorry, if I have missed out anybody who is important who has not already found something unpleasant to accuse me of .
The important point here is that Carl wishes to discuss with Ron/Tom both the stadium and housing elements of the proposed capital project whereas us sponsors/advertisers only want to talk about changing plans for the stadium ( to improve viability ) and also stadium ownership ( not RM to own ) and future club ownership . We are not interested in the already agreed plans for housing at Fossetts and Roots Hall . You need to understand that it is difficult to make progress when Ron fails to reply to communications we have sent to him
We will continue with our campaign to obtain justice for staff who receive their pay late and we will uphold the integrity of the Vanarama National League competition to the best of our ability . Obviously, we would like to have the support of the National League itself but we will just have to wait and see if it is forthcoming or not .

I guess it involves wanting to be paid for it, if training elsewhere eases the release of funds surely its got to be pursued now.

I'm led to believe that the top 2 divisions are stopping for the next month or so, surely that means there will be some unused training capacity within commuting distance from Southend.
Even if there was something within commuting distance, don't forget the leagues may have stopped but players will still be training.

Could I respectfully ask Ricey ,Smiffy and Yorkshire Blue to please reply to this post so that I get all the insults aimed at me from the gang of moderators out of the way in one go . Sorry, if I have missed out anybody who is important who has not already found something unpleasant to accuse me of .
The important point here is that Carl wishes to discuss with Ron/Tom both the stadium and housing elements of the proposed capital project whereas us sponsors/advertisers only want to talk about changing plans for the stadium ( to improve viability ) and also stadium ownership ( not RM to own ) and future club ownership . We are not interested in the already agreed plans for housing at Fossetts and Roots Hall . You need to understand that it is difficult to make progress when Ron fails to reply to communications we have sent to him
We will continue with our campaign to obtain justice for staff who receive their pay late and we will uphold the integrity of the Vanarama National League competition to the best of our ability . Obviously, we would like to have the support of the National League itself but we will just have to wait and see if it is forthcoming or not .
Right I'm going to have to bite on this, you say you are only interested in club and stadium ownership, does that mean you or a group you are involved with are interested in making Ron an offer for the club and the proposed new stadium?

It's a yes or no question.

As for upholding the integrity of the VNL, who are you to decide what damages the integrity of the league? In my eyes any club spending more than the club income damages the integrity and that applies to an awful lot of the clubs in this league and at least 90 in the leagues above.

That is possibly the most misguided and arrogant post I've seen for some time. Even if you really are a sponsor, it doesn't give you a share of the club and as such you don't get to dictate anything around the running (or even the mismanagement) of the club or (more importantly) anything to do with the new stadium.

If you're not happy then don't sponsor/advertise again. Maybe even ask for your money back.

You really do come over as someone who wants the club to fail and will stop at nothing to screw us over.

What if us real fans decided to boycott all sponsors until you reveal who you work for rather than run the risk of supporting someone who is actively seeking to undermine all the team have achieved? I wonder how the other sponsors would feel if it turns out that you have caused their turnover to fall.

Why we doing this? It's making us look like a charity club! Ron will pay all outstanding Bill's when he can! This is so over the top,anyone would think the players hadn't been paid yet! But they have.Im not worried about any of this stuff as ron is as predictable as man city winning the premier league! 3 points saturday away at gateshead is all that matters.

Last edited:
Back