• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

You’ve just got to think about it logically, a points deduction wouldn’t benefit a sponsor in any way shape or form.

Firstly, It would push the club’s name further into the mud, which very few sponsors would want.

Secondly, it would likely heap more financial damages upon the club, edging it closer to oblivion. What sponsor would want the business they’re sponsoring to stop trading and thus stop advertising their product?

I eagerly await @Ghost of C.F.’s detailed responses to these points, but alas I don’t think they’ll come and as I’ve pointed out, if these simple questions can not be answered, he can’t blame posters for coming to their own conclusions.
The point you seem to miss is that you are dealing with people who have values, ,standards and principles which govern their behaviour and actions . The behaviour at this football club over the last six months has been absolutely disgraceful and loyal members of club staff have suffered due to their wages being paid late for no good reason . It is just very poor financial management .
We are going to bring those responsible for bad behaviour to account . There was cash available to pay staff wages , tax owing and trade creditors .but the money was not spent on those items. Instead, it was spent on strengthening the playing squad . The result is that we have a team which is rapidly moving up the table . The other 23 clubs in the NL did not act in the same way as we did . They paid their staff in full and on time ,paid their taxes and paid trades people .Hence,they had a good deal less to spend on strengthening their playing squad . We gained an unfair advantage over our competitors by acting in a wrongful way . A points penalty would seem to us to be a fair and proper outcome . Do you think otherwise ?
The problem for you is that we are prepared to fight to the last man standing to protect the integrity of the Vanarama National League competition . It is a wonderful footballing
experience and we should feel honoured to be taking part in it . Fair competition between teams is paramount and we all have a responsibility to keep to the rules and regulations that have been put in place .

The point you seem to miss is that you are dealing with people who have values, ,standards and principles which govern their behaviour and actions . The behaviour at this football club over the last six months has been absolutely disgraceful and loyal members of club staff have suffered due to their wages being paid late for no good reason . It is just very poor financial management .
We are going to bring those responsible for bad behaviour to account . There was cash available to pay staff wages , tax owing and trade creditors .but the money was not spent on those items. Instead, it was spent on strengthening the playing squad . The result is that we have a team which is rapidly moving up the table . The other 23 clubs in the NL did not act in the same way as we did . They paid their staff in full and on time ,paid their taxes and paid trades people .Hence,they had a good deal less to spend on strengthening their playing squad . We gained an unfair advantage over our competitors by acting in a wrongful way . A points penalty would seem to us to be a fair and proper outcome . Do you think otherwise ?
The problem for you is that we are prepared to fight to the last man standing to protect the integrity of the Vanarama National League competition . It is a wonderful footballing
experience and we should feel honoured to be taking part in it . Fair competition between teams is paramount and we all have a responsibility to keep to the rules and regulations that have been put in place .
leave off

Are you a politician - you seem to have a knack of answering different questions to those posed.

You have been asked some very pertinent questions by @GBJ, and yet you have decided to swerve the prospect of answers to them. It's very hard not to believe that you are using ShrimperZone purely to further your own agenda. Maybe you now need to take your arguments elsewhere as your credibility is getting stretched to say the least.

Why, as a so called sponsor of Southend United, are you ‘fighting’ to have the club that you pay money to advertise your business, suffer even more? To protect the non-existent integrity of the National League? Really? Your posts get more and more delusional each time.

You’ve been asked many times and conveniently forget to mention it every time you respond. But who is this ‘we’ you keep referring to? PG Site Services and Midex Pro, two of the main sponsors have already donated/loaned money to this week in a show of support for the club and staff. So they clearly wouldn’t be part of your imaginary group that are trying to have the club kicked out of the National League/given a points deduction/fined. So what other sponsors are you suggesting are part of this ‘we’?

You have been asked some very pertinent questions by @GBJ, and yet you have decided to swerve the prospect of answers to them. It's very hard not to believe that you are using ShrimperZone purely to further your own agenda. Maybe you now need to take your arguments elsewhere as your credibility is getting stretched to say the least.
If people were to put them on ignore we would not have this distraction. Simple really.

@Ghost of C.F. have admitted he is an Colchester Utd supporter, as he has come clean.

Daggers fan

Could I respectfully ask Ricey ,Smiffy and Yorkshire Blue to please reply to this post so that I get all the insults aimed at me from the gang of moderators out of the way in one go . Sorry, if I have missed out anybody who is important who has not already found something unpleasant to accuse me of .
The important point here is that Carl wishes to discuss with Ron/Tom both the stadium and housing elements of the proposed capital project whereas us sponsors/advertisers only want to talk about changing plans for the stadium ( to improve viability ) and also stadium ownership ( not RM to own ) and future club ownership . We are not interested in the already agreed plans for housing at Fossetts and Roots Hall . You need to understand that it is difficult to make progress when Ron fails to reply to communications we have sent to him
We will continue with our campaign to obtain justice for staff who receive their pay late and we will uphold the integrity of the Vanarama National League competition to the best of our ability . Obviously, we would like to have the support of the National League itself but we will just have to wait and see if it is forthcoming or not .
If you want to interact with me try the match threads.

I’d be delighted to read your report on the Dorking or Notts County matches.

It should also be pointed out that this cash flow crisis is a legacy of us being relegated twice, and all the struggles with excessive wage bills that brings, and also Covid.

The actual current outlay on the playing side is modest and in line with our rivals in the National League. Unfortunately, you can't change the past.

It should also be pointed out that this cash flow crisis is a legacy of us being relegated twice, and all the struggles with excessive wage bills that brings, and also Covid.

The actual current outlay on the playing side is modest and in line with our rivals in the National League. Unfortunately, you can't change the past.
Relegated in quick succession and with league 1 wages in league 2 during covid with next to no income meant i would imagine the income dried up quite a bit and the debt built up quite easily.

Seems more sensible now (hopefully) with us purchasing mostly players from the same league or below (Kacper being the exception) and that should help in the future if that continues to be the policy

I sent a small donation yesterday via the green donate button and as I'm abroad it went via Paypal - I think to Shrimperzone - and probably anonymously so I'm sure that someone will transfer the money to the correct bucket.

On the issue of unused tickets from season card holders - I've never used mine so there are 3 (I think) going begging for this season. Also I obviously dont attend every game so someone could take advantage of my season card for the games I miss. My next one is Solihull on 7 January. Unfortunately if someone uses it they'll have to put up with sitting with the other old moany gits in East Greens!!
I have sat in the East Greens for as long as I can remember and it has taken me all that time to realise that I am a moany old git ,

Back