• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Once the Training ground is complete then the funds should be on there way? The delay is so the players have somewhere to train and possible the timing of doing ground work in the winter?.......If it became desperate they would have to suffer, at worse, Eastwood Bury lane....Not ideal if we are still on an unbeaten run.

Either way anyone who owns land with PP for 800 houses with funding/partnership in place to start the build in 6 months.......Should be able to get a bridging loan....Unless of course there is a deliberate contrived world depression that would see banks fail in order to have digital currency. All run by some comedy James Bond baddie with a German accent...Only joking guys, thats the stuff of the tin foil hat brigade.

You may not like it and some would rather see the end of SUFC than Ron have a nice little earner.....For the rest of us its very close and completely pointless at this stage to get someone else in charge.

1) Ron would still get big pay day
2) So would the next person
3) We would still have to move
4) The risk of any delay could be the end of SUFC
5) If that happened Ron still has an earner.
6) No matter how loud you scream shout and insult "Ron Lovers" on here..... it will still happen"
7) The protests did achieve more changes than you think.
8) However they are 5 years to late if you wanted Ron out
9) I apologise for telling you the truth, please forgive me I mean no harm
10) Unicorns and Tooth fairies do not exist.
Of course you make some valid points but once again you are lumping everyone who isn't part of your in the know 'the rest of us' into some sort of naive fool category.
I don't know RM personally and frankly couldn't care less whether he makes a load of money out of the deal or not. What I do care about is whether we have a viable football club or not so I don't know why you are so keen to make it a binary choice between Ron lovers and Ron haters.
It may well be that it's Ron's way or no way but you will understand that even the most charitable summary of the way our Chairman has gone about his business would cast some doubt on the eventual outcome. Nevertheless, there are plenty 'of us' who know a bit about the game (not in your superior league of course) and have spent countless hours watching and equally countless amounts of hard earned supporting our club. I sincerely hope you are right that it's now so close, but forgive me for telling the truth when I say it's been a hell of a time coming and some of us will still believe it when we see it.

It wont happen! It never has! How many times have we been through this? Ron cant afford to let the club sink as then there is no point in the stadium.Do I think ron will pay the tax bill? Absouf....loudly!! Never on time but he always pays! I'm not worried one bit!
I will have one last go....god only knows why, to get this into your head, the non payment of staff and other creditors, including HMRC, and the lack of funds to meet your needs contravenes league regs thus leaving us open to punishment, including a points reduction. So all the good work we are seeing on the pitch could be undone by the clown you are backing.

But he can, if he lets the club sink he will not have to pay and build a new stadium, he could just build more houses/flats and make more money for himself.

The covenant that exists is very weak and any good legal lawyer could get it set aside by a judge, happens all the time now.
Ron's a southend supporter as well as the owner! Your looking at the worst case scenario.

But he can, if he lets the club sink he will not have to pay and build a new stadium, he could just build more houses/flats and make more money for himself.

The covenant that exists is very weak and any good legal lawyer could get it set aside by a judge, happens all the time now.
You are 100% spot on Dave. This is my biggest worry. It's now in his interest to let us fold rather than put us into administration.

Agreed. Plus the council are so far behind on housing numbers they would jump at the chance of more units being built. If Ron were competent rh and ff would now be flats.

If the club collapses Ron won’t be developing this and ff. his son will.

Do I think it will collapse? No. I believe it will all come through. Just. Somehow.

Just look at the response from the fundraiser. It can be done again. What about even doing a rolling fundraiser?

Can’t be a bad idea. And then another big call when the next emergency comes.

With Christmas coming there has to be other ways to get generate cash. A sponsored carol a thon? Anything really. Every little helps.

Last edited:
Of course you make some valid points but once again you are lumping everyone who isn't part of your in the know 'the rest of us' into some sort of naive fool category.
I don't know RM personally and frankly couldn't care less whether he makes a load of money out of the deal or not. What I do care about is whether we have a viable football club or not so I don't know why you are so keen to make it a binary choice between Ron lovers and Ron haters.
It may well be that it's Ron's way or no way but you will understand that even the most charitable summary of the way our Chairman has gone about his business would cast some doubt on the eventual outcome. Nevertheless, there are plenty 'of us' who know a bit about the game (not in your superior league of course) and have spent countless hours watching and equally countless amounts of hard earned supporting our club. I sincerely hope you are right that it's now so close, but forgive me for telling the truth when I say it's been a hell of a time coming and some of us will still believe it when we see it.

Surprise, surprise we care about the same thing.

There is no such thing as a Ron lover. I invented that term to cover anyone who tries to use reason but is singled out for personal attacks.....Even those that voted one way on that poll had plenty of snidey remarks.

At the extreme end you have those that want people to go round his house....Actually they normally call for others to do it, which says a lot. They would rather see the end of SUFC....You cannot debate or reason with these people. They are the KKK at a lynching....At best turn a blind eye and ignore them or you will be next.

Then there is a group who don't want to beat Ron up but want to stay at RH with a new owner

Then the vast majority are somewhere in the middle. You know that if one of his companies fails he wont lose his land etc. He may well be able to slide under a snakes belly whilst wearing a top hat. But when it comes to survival, especially at others expense.....Put your money on Ron.

The stadium has been a very long wait. We were stitched up by Sainsbury's. In the end when they finally fessed up we had another delay for housing at RH instead of a supermarket.

BL wanted far to much. Then the feet dragging council decided to rush through their own Sea Way car park scheme in record time....So a further delay whilst FF went from commercial to housing to suit the council....As predicted earlier on here by me, with the usual accusations.

So now everyone is rightly sceptical of any dates about stadiums.....Who on here would put the pension on the stadium starting next spring?

At the other end there are people who may not like Ron but see the quickest path out of the mess is stick with Ron. Its clear he wont sell until the stadium is either under way or finished. The fact that the training ground is nearly completed and Ron gains the most from the housing means what motive does Ron have not to continue?.

I was one step on from that. As posted on here some time ago i would rather see us on the Queensway site and Extra housing at FF......Much better for the club, hotel potential, more commercial options and outstandingly better for the town and us fans.

However just like Ron out, I'm 5 years to late and any delay could be fatal.

So if anyone has other ideas or believes their is a quicker option i'm all for debate. This is a forum after all.

If he has no interest in selling then he will continue u to run the club the way it's being run! It's not good but the football is and that's all I'm interested in.
So you don’t care if staff aren’t being paid at the club? We all want the team to carry on winning of course but the most important thing is all staff are paid what they are owed and on time.

If he has no interest in selling then he will continue u to run the club the way it's being run! It's not good but the football is and that's all I'm interested in.

I’m not sure how many times I myself have tried explained to explain this to you, let alone others but here we go again. Whilst football is ultimately about what happens on a pitch during 90 minutes (the only thing you claim to care about), without all the other things that happen off the pitch happening, the football on the pitch doesn’t happen. For example, let’s say the stewards and the stadium management team etc aren’t paid and decide they aren’t working this coming weekend (isn’t beyond the realm of possibility) then guess what, without them the game isn’t allowed to take place. Now let’s say the club continue to fail to pay its staff, it’s players.. guess what, the club I believe can get punished with a points deduction, fines which we won’t be able to afford etc. Now let’s imagine that the people who are on minimum wage as it is who sell tickets decide they aren’t coming in to work this week because they are owed a months wage.. who sells those tickets? And finally, let’s say the senior players take a leaf out of the youth team players and staff and say enough is enough in regards to unpaid wages and decide they are going on strike. This again resorts to points being deducted, fines being handed out etc etc.

So you see, whilst you only care the football side of things, the things that happen behind the scenes that are effecting real people at the moment are all just as vital to the operation as a whole and deserve a bit more respect than what you seem to want to show it.

@Ghost of C.F. have admitted he is an Colchester Utd supporter, as he has come clean.
If he is a Col U fan it is super encouraging to learn that he thinks the Vanarama National League is a wonderful footballing experience. It may be that over the course of next season he will be able to enjoy some forty something 'wonderful footballing experiences'.

If he is a Col U fan it is super encouraging to learn that he thinks the Vanarama National League is a wonderful footballing experience. It may be that over the course of next season he will be able to enjoy some forty something 'wonderful footballing experiences'.
With any luck that will just be the first step on a journey of orgasmic football experiences for him - swiftly followed by an even better experience in the NLS (probably the natural level for them).

I think we're in danger of going round and round with the same arguments. I know I'm probably being picky but it is more accurate to say some staff are paid late rather than not paid. Still completely unacceptable. It is possibly an important distinction if fines or points deduction are being considered. There is no evidence of this

It wont happen! It never has! How many times have we been through this? Ron cant afford to let the club sink as then there is no point in the stadium.Do I think ron will pay the tax bill? Absouf....loudly!! Never on time but he always pays! I'm not worried one bit!
The difference is that this time the rules are different and the financial climate is even worse.
The rules are different because the NL doesn't make a distinction between playing and non-playing staff. When we were in the EFL we could get away with not paying the non-playing staff as a stop gap, but that option doesn't really exist any more.

Ron is also struggling to raise finance (if we wasn't he would have had it in place for the court case last week) which is concerning.

I understand your point about only being interested in the playing side of things, and actually I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately it isn't.

You're also right that, up until now, Ron has always pulled a rabbit out of the hat, but the longer it goes on the harder it is to find a hat, let alone a rabbit.

Council will not have that, they refuse any of his planning, unless Southend Utd have an home, that is an part of the deal, no SUFC, deals is off.

Council will not have that, they refuse any of his planning, unless Southend Utd have an home, that is an part of the deal, no SUFC, deals is off.
TBD get's that, his point is that it's weak and could be easily thrown aside in court etc.

I would also be very careful not to overestimate how much SBC care about SUFC.

@SouthendSpence makes a very good point. We're assuming the council, who arguably had their own part in the extensive project delays and very few SUFC fans in their chamber, would be remotely bothered if SUFC ceased to exist.

It took them long enough to finally vote through the plans. I don't think we can count on their swift and decisive support.

New plans with even more housing would be voted through, just by necessity thanks to unrealistic housing targets. SUFC is not essential to this development IMO.

Back