• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Latest total on the Go Fund Me front is £19,260 which is fabulous.

Can we now please bring this thread back on topic as discussions on here have now started to morph into stuff which already has threads galore in the future of Southend Forums.

Whatever the varied individual reasons, the breadth and depth of the solidarity and generosity of the Wrexham fans is a massive, massive credit to them and the values instilled in their community. Especially at a time of such pressure on personal finances. It’s quite humbling really and hopefully when the chance presents itself to us to similarly support the fans of another club I hope we pile in with similar generosity.

@SouthendSpence makes a very good point. We're assuming the council, who arguably had their own part in the extensive project delays and very few SUFC fans in their chamber, would be remotely bothered if SUFC ceased to exist.

It took them long enough to finally vote through the plans. I don't think we can count on their swift and decisive support.

New plans with even more housing would be voted through, just by necessity thanks to unrealistic housing targets. SUFC is not essential to this development IMO.
When I was in the Chamber, up until I stood down in May, there were, to my certain knowledge seven out of the 51 Councillors who were shareholders, season ticket holders or regular attendees at Roots Hall. There were also a considerable number who expressed firm support and many of those were occasional attendees.

When I was in the Chamber, up until I stood down in May, there were, to my certain knowledge seven out of the 51 Councillors who were shareholders, season ticket holders or regular attendees at Roots Hall. There were also a considerable number who expressed firm support and many of those were occasional attendees.
Why did you stand down ? Was it because you were too honest ?

Why did you stand down ? Was it because you were too honest ?
Deal I did with my wife which was to stand and, if elected, to do one four year term only. So being an honest politician, and a good husband, I honoured my election promise to her...

Achieved a fair bit of what I wanted, didn't achieve some, but that's life.

Deal I did with my wife which was to stand and, if elected, to do one four year term only. So being an honest politician, and a good husband, I honoured my election promise to her...

Achieved a fair bit of what I wanted, didn't achieve some, but that's life.
I don't think I know you as you seem an honourable man and I am totally dishonourable.

@SouthendSpence makes a very good point. We're assuming the council, who arguably had their own part in the extensive project delays and very few SUFC fans in their chamber, would be remotely bothered if SUFC ceased to exist.

It took them long enough to finally vote through the plans. I don't think we can count on their swift and decisive support.

New plans with even more housing would be voted through, just by necessity thanks to unrealistic housing targets. SUFC is not essential to this development IMO.
Council wouldn’t want a City without a football club do they?!

Whatever the varied individual reasons, the breadth and depth of the solidarity and generosity of the Wrexham fans is a massive, massive credit to them and the values instilled in their community. Especially at a time of such pressure on personal finances. It’s quite humbling really and hopefully when the chance presents itself to us to similarly support the fans of another club I hope we pile in with similar generosity.
Deeply touched by the generosity of Wrexham fans ...

Back