• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Altrincham

A painful result in many ways. Altrincham were up there with Boreham Wood in the 'if it moves kick it' stakes, and in the end they immobilised Mooney to point where he was stretchered off. As for the score, their first equaliser was gifted to them by Mooney generously losing the ball in our half which led directly to their goal, and then at 2-1, Lopata and Blondy collided with each other to allow an easy unopposed tap in for Altringham's second. At least we didn't lose, but we really do need more fit forwards available.

On the plus side, Fonguck showed some lovely trickery and footwork and Wreh and Bridge both battled for the whole 95 minutes showing effort and determination. Interesting take on the crowd total of 5,593 with 48 Altrincham away fans. There didn't seem that many as a total attendance and there were almost certainly more than 48 Altrincham in the North Stand.

Just back. Well, what to say really. Lopata didn’t have his best game and personally I think bringing Ralph straight back in has upset the balance at the back. I’d have kept faith with Hobson, Lopata and Kensdale.

Bridge was our best player until Altrincham marked him out the game. Scored a goal from nothing. Fonguck .. wish he’d learn to shoot. Grafts though.

Mooney, did nothing really and frustrates .. but I hope he’s ok. Didn’t see what happened with the injury as something was kicking off in W block. We miss Powell.

Wreh.. hmm I like some of the stuff he does but to me could do more. Drops deep a lot. We really miss Cardwell or Hyde up there.

That goal .. for me both to blame but the keeper should’ve told Lopata it was his and just leathered the ****ing thing. Just summed up a disappointing afternoon. Both goals were gift wrapped for them.

Plus points - well the losing run is over. But play like that and Borehamwood will beat us easily I reckon. Not at the races. Yes Altrincham were a bit physical and liked a shirt pull but that’s the National League.

A painful result in many ways. Altrincham were up there with Boreham Wood in the 'if it moves kick it' stakes, and in the end they immobilised Mooney to point where he was stretchered off. As for the score, their first equaliser was gifted to them by Mooney generously losing the ball in our half which led directly to their goal, and then at 2-1, Lopata and Blondy collided with each other to allow an easy unopposed tap in for Altringham's second. At least we didn't lose, but we really do need more fit forwards available.

On the plus side, Fonguck showed some lovely trickery and footwork and Wreh and Bridge both battled for the whole 95 minutes showing effort and determination. Interesting take on the crowd total of 5,593 with 48 Altrincham away fans. There didn't seem that many as a total attendance and there were almost certainly more than 48 Altrincham in the North Stand.

I think season card holders are included even if they don't attend.

As for the game.

Very strange. We looked on top in stages and second best in others.

Both goals were massively avoidable.

We look a very different team to the one that was keeping clean sheets and stretching teams all over the place.

If we are without

Arnold
Ndi
Mooney
Powell
Husin
Hyde
Cardwell
Murphy

Then we can forget any chance of the play offs

I thought the two goals conceded last week at Aldershot were bad but today’s were even was even worse !. A real shame about Mooney’s injury adding to the work of our busy medical department that will need to be paid overtime soon. The second equaliser was truly shocking and would have been a certainty for a Christmas bloopers DVD if scored a few weeks ago.

Thing’s change very quickly in this game after the game in which we schooled Barnet I was quietly confident about making the play off’s but after the last three games they are now above us and my confidence has dropped considerably.

First half good. Loved to see players expressing themselves with skill and no long ball. Good defensively and attack was to feet in the box.

Second half almost the opposite. Not sure what happened. Tiredness? Change in opposition tactics? Altrincham seemed to win more in midfield and attacked quickly on the break

I feel that we try to walk the ball into the box and rarely did we try and release a ball quickly. When we did get the ball into the box hardly ever beat the first man or over hit.

Still not a fan of the formation. Little penetration on the right, mostly down the left

Blondy - 3 - uninspiring. Kicking woeful on occasion. Massive screw up on the goal. Definitely goalie ball. Must have had few options when we signed him.

Lopata- 7 - mostly dominant although a few dodgy moments as Altrincham broke
Ralph - 6- not bad a few worrying moments
Hobson -6 - steady not amazing

Gus - 7 - good full back. Good defender. Just not a winger that's going to swing in killer balls to attack.
Bridge - 8 - MOM - although tired in the second half. Remember him as a kid before he left. So much better now. Great skill, movement and battle. Such a good player. Shame other not on his wave length
Taylor - 5 - just didn't really see him do anything great. Wasn't particularly good in the tackle, not valuable playing forward. Average
Miley - 8 - great player week in week out. Complete consiatency and one of the better players in a long time.
Fonguck - 6 - some good play and certainly worked hard but nothing memorable in creating. A few good positions but didn't do much with it

Wreh - 6 - scored which was great but powderpuff shooting. Tried to heold u the ball but to an increaingly leaser effect
Mooney - 4 - didn't see him do anything of any valueat all. Can't see him as a striker anyway. Hope he's injury is ok.

Subs
Cosgrave - 4- non existent

A very disappointing performance. We looked okay in the first half, and pretty dreadful in the second. Can't blame the lack of striking options today, as we scored twice - but now our defensive play looks dodgy? Can't help but feel the negative atmosphere around the club is transferring onto the pitch.

Nna Noukeu - 4 - Cost us the game unfortunately with a nasty mistake, kicking was okay. We need a proper keeper if we want to do well in this league. Unfortunately that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Scott-Morriss - 6 - One of our better players today, got stuck in - that long throw will be useful when we have some aerial threat in the box.
Lopata - 5 - Got beat a few times today unusually, and played a part in the **** up with Blondy for their goal.
Hobson - 6 - Played okay, got forward a fair bit.
Ralph - 5 - thought he looked a little weak today, definitely not back up to full speed yet.

Bridge - 7 - The pick of the team for me, got forward and looked like our main outlet.
Taylor - 4 - Pretty anonymous I thought, not sure I saw him break past a jog for most of the match.
Miley - 5 - Not one of his usual battling games, a rare weaker performance I thought.
Fonguck - 5 - Made a few forward runs, didn't stop much in the middle - much the same as the other two unfortunately.

Mooney - 4 - Feels a bit harsh since he's suffered what looked a nasty injury. He offered nothing for me today, similar story since he's been back in the side. Hasn't looked the same player that I saw previously.
Wreh - 6 - First half he played really well I thought, put himself about and was a nuisance. Second half the complete opposite.

Sub (really highlights our situation that there was only one!):
Cosgrave
- 6 - Not enough time but ran around as much as he could.

I thought the first half was a pretty decent game - end to end stuff with both sides going for it. We rode our luck a bit - couldn’t get any where near Ryan Colclough - knocked in a couple of in/off goals from a couple of yards out and Mooney gifted them a goal giving the ball away.

Second half I thought we would assert our selves and get a third. However Altrincham maintained their non stop running for 90 + minutes - they were much physically stronger than us and when they ran forward they ran strongly directly towards our goal.

Sadly we cocked up - I thought that Blondy kicked the ball against Lopata and it rebounded towards our goal. Lopata then started mouthing off at Ralph- maybe he thought Ralph should have called it.

Of course that then gave them something to play for and the ref seemed content to allow their holding and pulling whilst our fouls were rather more obvious and blatant.

Against physically strong hard running sides we struggle. They had the energy to quadruple up on Bridge when he got the ball in the second half. They easily brushed aside our less strongly built midfield and our very poor captain and left back Ralph. I thought he was abysmal today. Fonguck, Taylor, Mooney were out strengthed every time.

It’s easy to blame Blondy - who was no where near as bad as people are making out. Maybe defenders should just get the ball into row Z instead of fannying around trying to look like footballers.

Oh and why can’t today’s footballers put their foot through a ball and shoot accurately from distance - oh for Ryan Leonard……

Second goal a complete disaster but the reaction from Lopata in trying to get 5500 fans and the entire team to point the finger at the keeper was disappointing to say the least,best left to the changing room afterwards me thinks.UTB.

Especially as he wasn't completely blameless in that

Back