• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United staff still waiting for December's wages

I understand he’s got family issues.. so do many others, and as much as I love Stan for his football, he has been a voice for the supporters.. public office continues.. you didn’t mention the others btw..
Spoken with such warmth, compassion and understanding! Also, spoken like somebody who hasn't grasped what Stan's involvement is, what he has done for us from behind the scenes and how is is engaged by the club (i.e. voluntary). Not only do you not seem to grasp all these things, but also the fact that he cannot come out and comment on certain issues.

Spoken with such warmth, compassion and understanding! Also, spoken like somebody who hasn't grasped what Stan's involvement is, what he has done for us from behind the scenes and how is is engaged by the club (i.e. voluntary). Not only do you not seem to grasp all these things, but also the fact that he cannot come out and comment on certain issues.
Sometimes folk choose not to grasp the facts as it doesn't suit the argument @overseas shrimper. Obviously, this never happens on SZ.

My boy emailed Ron yesterday without me knowing…. He replied pretty much straght away usual flannel but he dose reply!!anyone out there that what’s to tell him what they think you can he will probably ask for your number and call you 🤣🤣

You obviously haven’t ventured onto the Southend United Facebook page or Twitter.
Sorry to tell you I obviously do venture on these pages and find some of the comments hilarious just like some on here

I'm not saying he intended to do this as I'm sure he didn't, but Chris Phillips didn't help with the speculation with this one. He tweeted about non-payments to staff then tweets about a staff member leaving. Fans will naturally assume both of those things correlate. We really don't need any more negative fuel to add to the already uncontrollable blazing fire.

Well done to the staff member in question and it actually shows fantastic progression on the footballing side of things. The same as Hobson and Kensdale getting links to teams higher up. It's the new model that Stan and co had promised. It's the way a lower league club should be run. No one can knock or question the footballing department, it really is doing wonders.
Welcome to journalism

He tweets about a non payment and THEN tweets about a staff member leaving.
It suggests the two are separate, no?
Unless the two messages are in the same tweet?
Wrong as usual, see Riceys response
Also, of all the people talking about CP's tweets, you choose mine to lambast. Not sure whether to feel privileged or not 😂

Chris phillips is a local sports journalist who's job is to report sports news good and bad.Unfortunatley currently there isn't a lot of good news to report but hopefully after the next game he reports of a much better performance on the pitch and 3 points gained

Wrong as usual, see Riceys response
Also, of all the people talking about CP's tweets, you choose mine to lambast. Not sure whether to feel privileged or not 😂
Poor chap. You do like to make it personal, don't you? To tell truth, I didn't check the poster until your reply.
I was asking a question, and @Ricey supplied the answer.
Two separate messages linked by a common thread: non-playing staff.
What caught the attention was that comment about 'journalism'?
Am assume you mean all journalism in all journalistic media, no matter the outlet or the writer, or just CP and the Echo?

Last edited:
Back